• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mailing Items That Weigh More Than 13 Oz.

In summary, there have been changes to the regulations for stamping items when mailing out of your house since 9/11. Previously, if an item weighed more than 1 pound, it had to be dropped off in person or a mail carrier could stamp it for you. However, now if it weighs more than 13 ounces, it must be taken in to the post office. This change has been implemented to ensure the traceability of packages. However, if postage is printed from the UPS or USPS website, the carrier can still pick it up from your home. This applies to eBay and PayPal as well, as their postage is dated and traceable through the post office website. It is important to check with your mail carrier to avoid
KellyTheChef
Gold Member
I just posted this on another thread, but I didn't want it to get lost and others not to see it....

Those of you who stamp your own items when mailing out of your house....after 9/11, if you mailed something +1pound you had to drop it off IN PERSON. (My mail carrier would take it for me and stamp it, since she knows me) Now, they have changed things again. If it is more than 13 oz., you MUST TAKE IT IN. She can't even "verify" for me and take it anymore. I HAVE to take it in.

Just letting you know, so you don't have something returned to you...check with your carrier!

Thanks for the information Kelly... Good to know!

Thanks Kelly, very helpful ;)

If you print the postage from the UPS website the carrier can still pick it up from your house.

Robin

priscilla said:
If you print the postage from the UPS website the carrier can still pick it up from your house.

Robin
From what my carrier was telling me, she can't even take it if it has postage on it...or is the printed out kind OK since it would have numbers printed on it that would "trace" it back to you?

If you print it from the USPS site, you can designate that you'll take it to a PO, or need pick-up. You also specify a date that it will be mailed, and it's printed on the postage. It's all traceable.

what about ebay and paypal? i sell a lot on ebay and print postage through paypal well over 1 lb and i just leave it outside my house for him to pick up... will i be able to do that anymore?

That's a tie-in with the PO site, so you should be OK. The postage is dated, etc. so it's still traceable.

Related to Mailing Items That Weigh More Than 13 Oz.

1. Can I mail items that weigh more than 13 oz through regular mail?

No, according to USPS rules, any item that weighs more than 13 oz must be shipped through Priority Mail or other expedited services.

2. How much does it cost to mail items that weigh more than 13 oz?

The cost of shipping items that weigh more than 13 oz depends on the weight, destination, and shipping method chosen. You can use the USPS postage calculator to get an estimate of the cost.

3. Can I use my own packaging to mail items that weigh more than 13 oz?

Yes, you can use your own packaging as long as it meets USPS's packaging guidelines and is sturdy enough to protect the item during transit.

4. Do I need to purchase additional insurance for items that weigh more than 13 oz?

If you are shipping items that are valuable or fragile, it is recommended to purchase additional insurance to protect against loss or damage during transit.

5. Are there any restrictions on what can be mailed if it weighs more than 13 oz?

Yes, there are certain items that cannot be shipped through USPS if they weigh more than 13 oz, such as hazardous materials, perishable items, and live animals. Make sure to check USPS's list of restricted items before shipping.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Monty060609
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Monty060609
  • J.Corley
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • kam