1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Sales MA sales tax increase

1. ChefMary412

ChefMary412 Advanced Member

Massachusetts, AKA "tax"achusetts, has upped the sales tax to 6.25%. When I look at my open shows, that were opened after Aug. 1st (the date of the higher tax), it still shows as 5%. Is there a way to manually change it on weborders? I am worried that those who order online will only be charged the 5% and the rest will fall on me.

Aug 14, 2009
  2. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

That might be a question for HO....first about if you can change it, but second about who'd be responsible for the change. They will be changing lots of Sale Tax rates i think (our's changes Sept 1st also).

Aug 14, 2009
  3. SpiritdancerIA

SpiritdancerIA Member Gold Member

First, check for an update for P3. If that doesn't take care of it, call HO and ask.

We had a local option sales tax go thru in this area this past spring. It was a mess, because some of the towns voted it in, and others didn't. HO got it correct in all cases, and again when more towns voted it in on a second ballot.

Oh, and if you think sales tax is bad in MA, don't plan on buying anything in the Chicago area (one guest doing direct ship there has something like 12% sales tax!)

4. junkfortara

junkfortara Member Gold Member

I had the same thing happen to me. I opened a show online in June, had orders placed in July and by the time we closed it was showing that a balance was still due for the online orders. I just went ahead and covered the difference since it definitely wasn't the guest's fault and I was in a hurry to close the show to count for July!
    Plus my increase was less only about .25% so the total I covered was under $10 for all guests.

Aug 14, 2009
  5. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

yeah, MA tax is nothing. I have a show going on that is 10.5%. City of Chicago is 10.25%. My town is 9%.

P3 and your PWS will likely not be updated. If the tax is wrong on the PWS order, I would just call the guest and explain to them what happened with the tax rate change. They are likely using a CC anyway and you can just adjust the total charged to their card. I doubt anyone will mind.

Aug 14, 2009
  6. ChefMary412

ChefMary412 Advanced Member

thanks. I emailed HO to check into it. I know Mass. is not bad compared to others. I cannot believe that some states are not consistent through the entire state.. what a pain. I have only lived in RI and MA so never really noticed that.
    Yes, I plan on calling those if it does not go through.

Aug 15, 2009
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted