• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Low Sales in Military Community: Seeking Ideas and Advice

In summary, Kristy has a plan to increase sales by having guests at the show host's party. She is also considering a game to get new guests.
wickednoodle
As a fairly new consultant, I'm just now getting a new phase where many of my guests at certain shows have already been at prior parties. The particular group I'm concerned with have been to one another's parties so frequently that the sales are very low (one in particular is only at $182). I think the reason that this is happening here is two-fold...one, they're all booking fairly close together because they all wanted the Feb host special (who can blame them, it rocks :thumbup:), and two, they're military and all the shows are on base, so they don't really know many "outsiders" in this area. I thought I'd be able to get a lot of internet orders from their families, but to date that hasn't panned out. I do need to improve my host coaching, but even so, I'm wondering how to address this particular issue. I can't ask them to host a show and then dictate when they host it, although I have explained that if they each wait a minimum of one month between shows, ultimately they'll all be able to purchase more, which in turn means that each host will earn more free products.

Ideas? Advice? All would be greatly appreciated!

Maybe suggest that some wait till the new catalog comes out to hold a show? That way at least some of the shows get new products.

HI Kristy!

I think you have a good game plan. Assuming I am right, all the guests go to each hosts party. So...to ensure new people come, why not do a game.

Bring one new friend pick any rub for FREE!
Bring two new friends get any cookbook for FREE!
Bring 3 or more new friends and get the Medium Bar Pan for FREE!

(only one offer per customer, meaning if they bring 3 friends, they only get the medium bar pan)

What I mean by new friends, is that they havent been to YOUR show previously.

Hope that helps a little. :)

Offer a gift to guests who bring an outside order or new guest. It doesn't have to be big, but it will get them motivated to do something that will raise sales.

I offer a free gift to people who bring one friend (twix-it clip, citrus peeler, etc) and free shipping with two friends. Now that I'm mailing out host invites, this will go on all my postcards so the invitee knows they can get something for free!

Related to Low Sales in Military Community: Seeking Ideas and Advice

1. How can I reach out to military families in my community to increase sales?

One way to reach out to military families is to partner with local military organizations or support groups. This can help you gain exposure and credibility within the community. You can also offer special discounts or promotions for military families as a way to show your appreciation and attract more customers.

2. Are there any specific products that are popular among military families?

Certain products that are easy to transport and use in small kitchens, such as our mini chopper or collapsible measuring cups, tend to be popular among military families who may have limited space or frequently move. Additionally, products that can help with meal planning and saving time, like our meal prep sets or quick cooker, may also be appealing to busy military families.

3. What are some effective ways to market to the military community?

Utilizing social media and targeted digital advertising can be effective ways to reach the military community. You can also consider sponsoring events or fundraisers for military organizations or offering product demonstrations at local military bases or events. Word of mouth can also be powerful, so encourage satisfied customers to share their experience with others.

4. How can I show support for the military community through my business?

Aside from offering special discounts or promotions, you can also consider donating a portion of your sales to a military charity or organization. This can help show your support and also attract customers who value businesses that give back to the community.

5. What are some tips for building relationships with military families?

One tip is to be understanding and accommodating of their unique situations, such as potential deployments or frequent moves. You can also ask for feedback and suggestions from military customers to show that you value their opinions and are committed to meeting their needs. Additionally, participating in community events and getting involved in military organizations can help you build connections and trust with military families.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kuntrycook
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • Laura Kavanaugh
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Niki Kate
  • jesusluvsu2005