• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Low Fat Crockpot Mac & Cheese Recipe for Busy Weekends

This is the recipe I use - it's from All recipes – complete resource for recipes and cooking tips
dymplz8
Does anyone here have a low fat macaroni and cheese recipe that can be made in your crockpot. I have so much cooking to do for this weekend :chef: and I'd like to just throw the macaroni together and not have to worry about it. Thanks.

This is the recipe I use - it's from All recipes – complete resource for recipes and cooking tips

INGREDIENTS
8 ounces elbow macaroni
4 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
1 1/2 cups milk
2 eggs
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper

DIRECTIONS
In a large pot, cook the macaroni in boiling water 10 minutes, or until al dente, and drain.
In a large bowl, mix the cooked macaroni, 3 cups of the sharp Cheddar cheese, evaporated milk, milk, eggs, salt, and pepper. Transfer to a slow cooker that has been coated with non-stick cooking spray. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup of shredded sharp Cheddar cheese.
Cover, and cook on Low for 5 to 6 hours, or until the mixture is firm and golden around the edges. Do not remove the cover or stir the mixture until the mixture has finished cooking. Serve warm.

Mmmmm...sounds great! I never thought about mac n cheese in the crock pot!

KellyTheChef said:

Kelly! I love this - it is so cute! I wish I had of seen this in the beginning to put up. I have 8 weeks from tomorrow left!

jrstephens said:
Kelly! I love this - it is so cute! I wish I had of seen this in the beginning to put up. I have 8 weeks from tomorrow left!
Well...go make yourself one to use for the last two months girl!! They are so fun!

dianevill said:

INGREDIENTS
8 ounces elbow macaroni
4 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
1 1/2 cups milk
2 eggs
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper

DIRECTIONS
In a large pot, cook the macaroni in boiling water 10 minutes, or until al dente, and drain.
In a large bowl, mix the cooked macaroni, 3 cups of the sharp Cheddar cheese, evaporated milk, milk, eggs, salt, and pepper. Transfer to a slow cooker that has been coated with non-stick cooking spray. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup of shredded sharp Cheddar cheese.
Cover, and cook on Low for 5 to 6 hours, or until the mixture is firm and golden around the edges. Do not remove the cover or stir the mixture until the mixture has finished cooking. Serve warm.
I am totally going to try this!! It looks so fun!

1. Can I use any type of pasta for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of pasta for this recipe. However, we recommend using a short and sturdy pasta such as penne, elbow, or rotini to hold up well in the slow cooker.

2. Can I substitute the milk for a non-dairy alternative?

Yes, you can substitute the milk for a non-dairy alternative such as almond milk or coconut milk. Just make sure to use an unsweetened and unflavored version to avoid altering the taste of the dish.

3. How long should I cook the mac and cheese in the slow cooker?

The cook time for this recipe is approximately 2-3 hours on high heat or 4-5 hours on low heat. However, the cooking time may vary depending on your specific slow cooker, so it's best to check the pasta for doneness after 2 hours on high or 4 hours on low.

4. Can I add additional ingredients to this recipe?

Yes, you can customize this recipe by adding your favorite ingredients such as diced vegetables, cooked protein, or different types of cheese. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly based on the additional ingredients you add.

5. Can I make this recipe ahead of time and reheat it?

Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time and reheat it in the microwave or oven. However, the texture of the pasta may be slightly different after reheating, so we recommend enjoying it freshly cooked for the best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JessicaS
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
JessicaS
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • esavvymom