• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lots of Questions - Just Getting Started

understanding that the 20% is taken out before it goes to us)No, the 20% goes to you after the company has taken their cut.
turtle15
1. Is it ok to enter myself as the host?

2. Will I be able to place orders online without the PC debit card?

I am sure I will have more but I will start with that!

1. in P3 there is an option to click that says consultant acting as host.

2. I'm new too, it says you can use your personal card for the first 60 days I believe, then you need to have the debit to process online. Otherwise you will have to mail payment.

3. Will the guest specials automatically be added to orders over $60?

no, there is a special number to enter. For December, it's GQ35. Each month's host and guest special have certain codes. You can find those on the flyers that are on Consultant's Corner.

It will warn you if there are any orders that qualify for the special that have not been added before you submit the show.

Ok - so I add them in myself? Where do I add it? I am not seeing that number as an option.

4. I am assuming this is where I will add customer credit card information if they are choosing to pay by credit card?

5. Do I order items for myself through P3?

6. What if a customer wants an item shipped directly to them?

turtle15 said:
Ok - so I add them in myself? Where do I add it? I am not seeing that number as an option.

You click the + sign to add an item. Then just type in the code. You have to make sure the date of the show matches up with the month special you are trying to enter.

babywings76 said:
You click the + sign to add an item. Then just type in the code. You have to make sure the date of the show matches up with the month special you are trying to enter.

Ok - I am missing something because when I click the + sign it asks me if I want to add a show.

I was able to enter all of the items the customer wants to purchase.

turtle15 said:
4. I am assuming this is where I will add customer credit card information if they are choosing to pay by credit card?

5. Do I order items for myself through P3?

6. What if a customer wants an item shipped directly to them?

4. Yes, click on the payments tab. Click the + to add a payment. Then select credit card in the drop down menu thing. Then enter the #, it already figures out what type of card it is, so you don't have to select that.

5. If you want items for yourself there's a few ways to do that. Add a non-commission order. Enter it in as a supply order, if what you want is on the list there. (go to items, click the + button, then click on the magnifying glass and you'll see there are some products there that are at a discount.) Or you can place a non-commission order, click on personal order. THen you get a 20% discount on what you want. Or if you host your own show, then you can earn the free, half-priced, and discounted products just like a regular host. You wont earn commission on what you purchase for yourself though. Also, you get PC$ depending on how many shows you submit and how much you sell in your first 30 and 90 days. Keep track of that. Also, you get a 40% discount in your 4th month (your Kit Enhancement Month). SO be careful how you spend your money. :)

6. On a guest who wants it shipped to themselves, on their Name and Address section, there is an option on the right side you can click for having their order shipped to them directly. You have to enter in the tax info for their state also.

turtle15 said:
Ok - I am missing something because when I click the + sign it asks me if I want to add a show.

I was able to enter all of the items the customer wants to purchase.

Are you still in the "Items" tab in the guests name? To the left of the list of their products they are getting, there is a + sign

babywings76 said:
Are you still in the "Items" tab in the guests name? To the left of the list of their products they are getting, there is a + sign

Ok - I have that open and I am not seeing the + sign to the left.

7. Do we pay the company the full amount and then get back the 20% from the company? (I was with a different DS company where we just kept the comission.)

babywings76 said:
5. If you want items for yourself there's a few ways to do that. Add a non-commission order. Enter it in as a supply order, if what you want is on the list there. (go to items, click the + button, then click on the magnifying glass and you'll see there are some products there that are at a discount.) Or you can place a non-commission order, click on personal order. THen you get a 20% discount on what you want. Or if you host your own show, then you can earn the free, half-priced, and discounted products just like a regular host. You wont earn commission on what you purchase for yourself though. Also, you get PC$ depending on how many shows you submit and how much you sell in your first 30 and 90 days. Keep track of that. Also, you get a 40% discount in your 4th month (your Kit Enhancement Month). SO be careful how you spend your money. :)

Is there a difference for us shipping cost wise?

turtle15 said:
7. Do we pay the company the full amount and then get back the 20% from the company? (I was with a different DS company where we just kept the comission.)

If it's with a show, you pay the real price, then you earn the commission of 20% or so. If it's a supply or personal order, or Kit enhancement or whatever, the discount is applied right there.

Also, it shows you what the shipping costs are. I believe it's $4.25. But for supply orders, you only get one a month at the $4.25 amount. If you submit another order the same month, you'll have to pay a higher amount. (not sure how much... if it follows the direct shipping chart).

Once you get your password and can log onto Consultant's Corner, you'll want to go to the Policies and Procedures section and read up on everything. It answers a lot of questions.

turtle15 said:
Ok - I have that open and I am not seeing the + sign to the left.

The + sign is in a green circle thing and below it is a - sign in a red circle.

babywings76 said:
The + sign is in a green circle thing and below it is a - sign in a red circle.

I am not seeing that! Hmm....

turtle15 said:

You would add the guest special in just like you would a regular order. so if Jane order 62.00 then in the same box you would add the guest special. If you dont know the # there is a magnifying glass right next to the box and you can click on that. The free stuff will always be towards the bottom.

Jennie4PC said:
You would add the guest special in just like you would a regular order. so if Jane order 62.00 then in the same box you would add the guest special. If you dont know the # there is a magnifying glass right next to the box and you can click on that. The free stuff will always be towards the bottom.

That's just it. That number isn't showing up. I am only seeing the beaded spreader that is for sale.

Are catalog show guests aloud to earn the free product? Maybe that is it.

8. What is the difference between Pampered Partner and Pampered Partner Plus?

you add the guest special item number just as you entered all of the items they want to order.

turtle15 said:
That's just it. That number isn't showing up. I am only seeing the beaded spreader that is for sale.

If you hit the magnifying glass there are 3 lines 1 product name 1 price not to exceed ann product catagory. But go to the 2nd line and enter 0 and you should be able to find it.

Catalog shows can get the guest special as long as they spend 60 before shipping and tax.

turtle15 said:
8. What is the difference between Pampered Partner and Pampered Partner Plus?

Pampered Partner is the older version of Pampered partner plus(PP+) if you just signed you should have Pampered Partner Plus since all consultants will have to PP+

I signed in October and was given PP+

Ah - maybe that is it. I just downloaded it from the website as I don't have my paperwork yet. Could it be that I do not have the latest version and therefore the special is not showing up?

yeah, i did that too, is your icon blue or have food on it?

candiejayne said:
yeah, i did that too, is your icon blue or have food on it?

It has food.

I believe even though you down loaded it off the site you should be fine. hve no lue about the blue icon or the food. Sorry

9. Sample orders - are these the real thing at a discount?

turtle15 said:
Ah - maybe that is it. I just downloaded it from the website as I don't have my paperwork yet. Could it be that I do not have the latest version and therefore the special is not showing up?

Problem solved. It was the software. I downloaded the new version and found the guest special. Thanks for the help everyone!

turtle15 said:
9. Sample orders - are these the real thing at a discount?

You are given the opportunity to purchase the new items introduced this selling season at 50% off through the samples order. They are bundled into groups, so you can pick what ones you want. You can only get one of something, so you can't purchase 2 groupings that repeat some items.

Is this something most people do? Is this the best/cheapest way to get these products?

I did this and got a few things, I didnt have a lot of money to spare, but it was a nice way to get some good deals on things I wanted.

turtle15 said:
Is this something most people do? Is this the best/cheapest way to get these products?

It's the cheapest price you can get them right now. But, make sure you really want what you get. Make sure you look at all the bundles and see your options. These are the new products that we had the opportunity to earn them for free during the last Sell a Thon. What I didn't earn for free, I looked through and only bought some of.

Generally speaking, you should make a list of what you really want. Look through recipes, see what products are needed. There are some things that you may want to get first to have for your shows (and home use). It depends on how much money you want to spend. You can do fine with just sticking to the products in your starter kit. Then as you earn PC$ and commissions, buy the products on your wish list.

Sometimes I wish that I had been able to control myself like that. ;) I'm the kind of person that loves everything PC and want it all! So when I first started, I took advantage of all the opportunities to get the best deal on things. I bought all the samples, all the products on the supply order that were offered, then used my PC$ for most of that. Then I hosted my kick-off party and got the knives as my 1/2 price combo and a lot of other things I really wanted for shows (and home use) with my free product value I earned. But I joined PC for the fun of it, to get the discounts and free stuff, and also a small paycheck. (of course now I want bigger paychecks and to be more than a hobbyist) If you joined more for the income, then I would hold off on spending your own money. Wait till you earn commissions and PC$, or have show benefits from hosting.

That's my 2 cents anyway. ;) Others may have better advice. :)

what is the dollar amount to be qualified as a consultant? i know it's 4 shows, but is it $1K or $1250?

also, how do i connect my personal website shows to P3? is that what PWS means?

jodie said:
what is the dollar amount to be qualified as a consultant? i know it's 4 shows, but is it $1K or $1250?

It's 1250 to qualify

Actually now it is 4 shows OR $1250 in sales, not both!! I guess that has been a recent change. I am new- still in 90 days

jodie said:

If you enter your show on your website, there is a button that says to create it in P3. Just click on that. Then when you are in P3, click on PWS synchronization

I would definitely recommend you having a grand opening show with you as a host to be able to earn the free & discounted products that are on your wish list. Friends & family are usually more than willing to help you get your new adventure started. My GO had about $1000 in sales & I got 11 bookings. It was a great start for me & I earned so many of the products that I use in my demos.

I am probably just blind and will feel totally dumb when someone answers.....but I need to print an extra receipt from a past show. Thank you ahead of time....

You should be able to click on the show listed, then listed just below the "shows" tab and over to the right it says "print sales receipt". Just click on that and then check mark the name of the guest who you need a receipt for. Then just go through the prompts and it'll print out. HTH! :)

turtle15 said:

You can just put in the December special number which is GQ35 for this month. The total has to be $60 BEFORE tax and shipping to get that.

Guests don't "earn" free product. They can get the Guest Special that is free, but that is different from free product.

If you don't mind my asking, has your Recruiter or Director not done any training with you on P3? I know I was pretty much floating alone on it when I started but I am doing training with my Recruit today when I help her submit her first show. We're glad to help you. Just thought your Recruiter or Director could be "sitting beside you".

mscharf said:
Actually now it is 4 shows OR $1250 in sales, not both!! I guess that has been a recent change. I am new- still in 90 days

I joined on November 11, 2007. It was 4 shows or $1,250 then. I barely got my 4 shows since I had little training from my Recruiter and Director. I am going to do better to my own Recruits!

pcchefjane said:
You can just put in the December special number which is GQ35 for this month. The total has to be $60 BEFORE tax and shipping to get that.

Guests don't "earn" free product. They can get the Guest Special that is free, but that is different from free product.

If you don't mind my asking, has your Recruiter or Director not done any training with you on P3? I know I was pretty much floating alone on it when I started but I am doing training with my Recruit today when I help her submit her first show. We're glad to help you. Just thought your Recruiter or Director could be "sitting beside you".

I signed on Mon. night and was submitting an order Thurs. to get in time for Christmas. My director had shows Wed. and Thurs. night. Plus I am gung-ho so I was just getting on P3 and checking it out.

I know they can't earn "free product", I was just talking about the free spreader - and the guest had spent $60. The problem was that I had the old software. Once I downloaded the new software I found it no problem.

Thanks for your help everyone!

Pampered Partner is the previous version of our software. Pampered Partner Plus (aka P3) is the version you are using.

babywings76 said:
You should be able to click on the show listed, then listed just below the "shows" tab and over to the right it says "print sales receipt". Just click on that and then check mark the name of the guest who you need a receipt for. Then just go through the prompts and it'll print out. HTH! :)
I will look for that the next time I open P3. Thank you!

turtle15 dont forget that when the host spends $60 out of pocket before tax she cn also get the guest special free.

Jennie4PC said:
turtle15 dont forget that when the host spends $60 out of pocket before tax she cn also get the guest special free.

Does that include host specials and 1/2 price and discounted items?

Yes it does. If the Host total equals $60 before tax and after all discounts, she gets it too. P3 is great to tell you that before you close the Show though. I had forgotten that $700 gets the Host a 3rd 1/2 price item and it prompted me to do it.

Related to Lots of Questions - Just Getting Started

Is it ok to enter myself as the host?

Yes, it is absolutely ok to enter yourself as the host when starting your Pampered Chef business. This will allow you to earn host rewards and benefits for yourself, while also getting your business off to a great start.

Will I be able to place orders online without the PC debit card?

Yes, you can place orders online without the PC debit card. However, having the debit card will make the ordering process easier and more convenient, as it allows for direct deposit of your commissions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • nashaynelson
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ms_twana