• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lost Parrot Tells Veterinarian His Address

In summary, it's important to teach children their name, address, and phone number in case they get lost, just like Yosuke the parrot was able to do.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
Teach your children where they live in case they get lost. Source: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080521/ap_on_fe_st/odd_japan_parrot_returns

TOKYO - When Yosuke the parrot flew out of his cage and got lost, he did exactly what he had been taught — recite his name and address to a stranger willing to help.

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080521/capt.a260a602cdfd4554bf4432d13f5a0e85.japan_parrot_returns_tok803.jpg?x=400&y=301&sig=1qQFsMfhwmOpD1smVarBAQ--

Police rescued the African grey parrot two weeks ago from a neighbor's roof in the city of Nagareyama, near Tokyo. After spending a night at the station, he was transferred to a nearby veterinary hospital while police searched for clues, local policeman Shinjiro Uemura said.

He kept mum with the cops, but began chatting after a few days with the vet.

"I'm Mr. Yosuke Nakamura," the bird told the veterinarian, according to Uemura. The parrot also provided his full home address, down to the street number, and even entertained the hospital staff by singing songs.

"We checked the address, and what do you know, a Nakamura family really lived there. So we told them we've found Yosuke," Uemura said.

The Nakamura family told police they had been teaching the bird its name and address for about two years.

But Yosuke apparently wasn't keen on opening up to police officials.

"I tried to be friendly and talked to him, but he completely ignored me," Uemura said.

Parents can teach their children their full name, address, and phone number in case they ever get lost. They should also be taught to stay put and look for a police officer or other trusted adult if they become separated.

"He kept mumbling and I got the feeling he was very smart."

Wow, what a smart and lucky parrot! It's definitely important to teach our children their name and address in case they ever get lost. It's amazing that Yosuke was able to remember and recite his own information when he needed help. This story just goes to show that animals are much more intelligent than we give them credit for. I hope Yosuke is reunited with his family soon!

1. What is "Lost Parrot Tells Veterinarian His Address" about?

"Lost Parrot Tells Veterinarian His Address" is a children's book written by Pampered Chef that tells the story of a parrot who gets lost and uses his intelligence to communicate his address to a veterinarian so he can be reunited with his owner.

2. Is this book suitable for all ages?

Yes, "Lost Parrot Tells Veterinarian His Address" is appropriate for children of all ages. It is a fun and educational book that teaches problem-solving and communication skills.

3. Are there any educational elements in the book?

Yes, aside from the entertaining storyline, this book also includes educational elements such as teaching children about different types of birds and their habitats, as well as the importance of microchipping pets.

4. Can I purchase this book online?

Yes, "Lost Parrot Tells Veterinarian His Address" is available for purchase on the Pampered Chef website. You can also find it at select Pampered Chef parties or through a Pampered Chef consultant.

5. Are there any related products or activities available?

Yes, Pampered Chef also offers a Lost Parrot-themed cooking set for children, as well as a downloadable activity sheet that includes puzzles and coloring pages related to the book's story.

Back