• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Where's the Milk Truck? 14 Ton Oreo Spill Cripples Ill. Traffic

In summary, a trailer loaded with 14 tons of spilled Oreos has overturned, spilling the cookies still in their plastic sleeves into the median and roadway. The driver was traveling from Chicago to Morris on Interstate 80 when he fell asleep at the wheel and slammed into the median. No charges have been filed but both lanes of traffic remain closed while authorities remove the cookies.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
Where's the milk truck when you need it?

14 tons of spilled Oreo cookies snarl Ill. traffic

Souce: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080519/ap_on_fe_st/odd_cookie_spill;_ylt=Aijb2N1GfEJgwZSHHhjDwxYuQE4F

MORRIS, Ill. - Police say a trailer loaded with 14 tons of double-stuffed Oreos has overturned, spilling the cookies still in their plastic sleeves into the median and roadway.

Illinois State Police Sgt. Brian Mahoney says the truck's driver was traveling from Chicago to Morris on Interstate 80 around 4 a.m. Monday when he fell asleep at the wheel and slammed into the median.

"The boxes came out of the trailer and boxes were ripped open," he said.

The crash about 50 miles southwest of Chicago remains under investigation.

Mahoney says no charges have been filed but both lanes of traffic remain closed while authorities remove the cookies.

This has some bad jokes ready and waiting... ;)

Betcha there were a lot of screaming kids driving by :)

Gives new meaning to tossing your cookies!

...and where is the Cookie Monster when you need him...

Your just full of gas tonight aren't you Janet :)

rennea said:
Your just full of gas tonight aren't you Janet :)

It's been one of those days - have to have some humor!

See- my karma is so bad that had we stayed in SC just ONE more day, we would have been on this road coming back to MN and I could have stuffed my pie hole full of trans-fatty goodness which would have cheered me up right into oblivian!

UGH!

BTW- I don't really believe that I have bad karma, nor do I believe in luck- (I believe in God) but I was unable to think of what word to put, so I chose karma

The poor freeway was snack attacked!

My karma ran over your dogma.

If a dogma ever caught a karma, he wouldn't know what to do with it, anyway.

found the milkI found the milk but doesn't look like it will make for the oreos!

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=787E665E-2049-4408-9285-ED6BCBE69B28&gsa=true

Truck driver killed in fiery crash

Last Update: 5/19 4:10 pm

KANSAS CITY, Mo -- Investigators say they're looking for the driver of a car that may have played a part in a deadly accident.

Raytown Road near I-435 was shut down Monday morning as crews cleaned up diesel fuel and milk. Authorities say a man was on his way to deliver a truck full of milk when he lost control of his semi-truck. Witnesses reported seeing a car make a sudden lane change in front of the truck just before the crash.

The truck driver swerved, lost control and toppled off an overpass onto Raytown Road. The cab hit a pillar and exploded. The truck driver was killed instantly. Police identified him as Charles Smith, 40, of Kansas City.

The trailer was full of milk when it smashed onto Raytown Road below I-435. Clean-up crews worked to clear the disintegrated and to mop up a mess of spilled diesel fuel and milk.

I heard Obama and Hillary were fighting over whether this was a racial issue or not and whether Bush had staged an accident to raise the price of Oreos...

jbarnhill said:
I found the milk but doesn't look like it will make for the oreos!http://www.nbcactionnews.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=787E665E-2049-4408-9285-ED6BCBE69B28&gsa=trueTruck driver killed in fiery crashLast Update: 5/19 4:10 pm KANSAS CITY, Mo -- Investigators say they're looking for the driver of a car that may have played a part in a deadly accident. Raytown Road near I-435 was shut down Monday morning as crews cleaned up diesel fuel and milk. Authorities say a man was on his way to deliver a truck full of milk when he lost control of his semi-truck. Witnesses reported seeing a car make a sudden lane change in front of the truck just before the crash. The truck driver swerved, lost control and toppled off an overpass onto Raytown Road. The cab hit a pillar and exploded. The truck driver was killed instantly. Police identified him as Charles Smith, 40, of Kansas City. The trailer was full of milk when it smashed onto Raytown Road below I-435. Clean-up crews worked to clear the disintegrated and to mop up a mess of spilled diesel fuel and milk.
Too bad the diesel driver wasn't the oreo driver...This reminds me of a bad joke about a water tanker hitting a truck carrying vinegar...

I saw this yesterday and laughed my head off. What a sight that would be.

What happened with the milk truck and Oreo spill in Illinois?

A milk truck carrying 14 tons of Oreo cookies crashed on a highway in Illinois, causing a major traffic jam and spilling the cookies all over the road.

Was anyone injured in the milk truck accident?

Fortunately, no one was injured in the accident. The driver of the milk truck was able to escape without any major injuries.

What caused the milk truck to crash?

The cause of the crash is still under investigation, but it is believed that the driver may have fallen asleep at the wheel.

Did any of the Oreos go to waste?

Some of the Oreos were damaged in the spill, but the majority of them were still packaged and able to be salvaged. They were donated to a local food bank.

How did the milk truck accident affect traffic in Illinois?

The accident caused a major traffic jam, with the highway being closed for several hours while crews worked to clean up the Oreo spill. However, traffic was eventually cleared and returned to normal.

Back