• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lost Info from Personal Profile - Is Recovery Possible?

In summary, the conversation is about the loss of important data due to computer crashes and the importance of regularly backing up data. The speakers share their own experiences with data loss and offer tips for backing up data, such as using external storage devices like CD-RWs, flash drives, and external hard drives. Some speakers also mention the option of seeking help from a computer technician to recover lost data. It is emphasized that backing up data regularly is crucial to avoid losing important information.
Chozengirl
Gold Member
Since my computer crashed 2 months ago, I lost all of my info from my PP.
Is there anyway to find that?
I.e. hosts phone #, addy's, orders.
I have a few reciepts, but not all.

Did you backup? If you had total data loss on your computer that's the only way to recover it, other than recreating everything (yuk!)

ooooooww I feel your pain. Our computer crashed this fall and my backup was about a month so I lost some info also. I don't know if customer service will be of any help. I now back up more often and am thinking about printing out outside orders I take over the phone.
Ann

I backup every time I close the program!!

Yes, you need to back up, but not only on the hard drive on your computer...also on a CD-RW or a Flash Drive. I back up on all 3 just in case, rotating the 3.

Or....sometimes a good computer tech can remove your hard drive and recover some of the data on it. It all depends on what happened to your computer to make it "Crash". Perhaps it's time to try the "Geek Sqaud"!

My husband networked my laptop to my PC, so when I back up, I backup to my laptop harddrive, and my harddrive on my PC. And occasionally I'll put in my USB drive that goes on my laptop bag (that I take to shows) and backup there too.

I really hope you backed everything up. I don't do it every time I exit PP, but I definitely do it after I enter a show. I'm way too lazy to enter everything again.

Yeah, I backed up on my hard drive of the computer :(
I asked my computer guy if he could recovery any of my data, and he couldn't.
I even lost ALL of my grandparent's 50th wedding anniversary pics!

I back up on a floppy each time I close. My husband just got me a flashdrive to bakc up all of my pictures on.

Umm, I know I sound really uncomputer saavy .... but how do I back up my computer -PP file exactly? I do back up my bookeeping files onto my desktop every month but that probably isn't what everyone is talking about?? And what is backing up all 3 (Janice referred to it)?? Thanks for any info on this, as I would hate for my pc to crash and lose everything!

First of all, your bookkeeping files are not safe on your desktop. If you harddrive crashes, you lose that stuff too. You want to save it to a CD-R, CD-RW, flash drive, floppy disk or an external harddrive. Some people perfer to back up to 2-3 of these means, as Janice was saying that she does.

ok thanks! I will have DH show me!

1. Can I recover my lost information from my personal profile?

Yes, it is possible to recover lost information from your personal profile. Pampered Chef keeps backups of all customer information, so we can retrieve your lost data.

2. How long does it take to recover lost information?

The time it takes to recover lost information varies depending on the specific circumstances, but our team works diligently to retrieve the data as quickly as possible. It may take up to 24-48 hours for us to complete the recovery process.

3. Will my recovered information be exactly the same as before?

In most cases, yes, your recovered information will be exactly the same as before. However, there may be rare instances where some data may be missing or corrupted. Our team will do their best to retrieve all of your lost information.

4. How do I request a recovery of my lost information?

You can request a recovery of your lost information by contacting our customer service team. They will ask for some information to verify your identity and then initiate the recovery process.

5. Is there a fee for recovering lost information from my personal profile?

No, there is no fee for recovering lost information from your personal profile. This service is included as part of our commitment to providing excellent customer service.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefMary412
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Monty060609
  • babywings76
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • pampered2007