• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looks Like New Orleans Might Get Hit Again!

In summary, the anniversary of Katrina is coming up and FEMA is already being criticized for their performance last time. Nationalized health care is also being criticized as being a bad idea.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
Only time will tell...

How sad is that? And they were just doing a retrospective on television a few days ago since this week marks three years since Katrina. Let's hope it's not as tragic this time.

I think they are much more realistic and better prepared but it will really hinder rebuilding if it hits again.Only time will tell though, it may hit as east as Tampa and as west as Corpus Christi.

If you liked FEMA in New Orleans, you're gonna LOVE nationalized health care.

I hope it doesn't, but then again I hope it doesn't hit my neck of the woods back there either. :(

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
If you liked FEMA in New Orleans, you're gonna LOVE nationalized health care.

FEMA is a flippin' joke.:grumpy:

kathijenkins said:
FEMA is a flippin' joke.:grumpy:

Even more so is nationalized health care!

janetupnorth said:

That's for sure! Bunch of useless fools....:grumpy:

Last edited:
I have a friend that's going to a horse show down in Montgomery this weekend and she said she had a hard time finding a hotel because everyone was already booking up there from LA. I really hope they are spared this time. This week is the anniversary of Katrina. How horrible to be hit twice. I'll tell ya, I love the beach but in no way would ever live there.

I'm sorry and this may open up a can of worms. I do not want anyone (inlcuding myself down here only about 100 miles from the AL coast and still in the "cone" of it right now and if it shifts much we will be in a very bad cone of it) to get a hurricane at all BUT New Orleans I hope acts better this time if they do get it. It was a distaster down there last time but so was MS just as bad but u do not hear about it b/c they got out and did not stay and complain about the government not getting them out and are still not complaining b/c the government has not rewarded them with more free stuff. Yes FEMA can be bad but FEMA has also helped tons and tons of people too, it is not FEMAs responsibility to give you everything, you have to help yourself. Now I am off my New Orleans rant from that mess last time that so much of it was their own fault.

jrstephens said:
I'm sorry and this may open up a can of worms. I do not want anyone (inlcuding myself down here only about 100 miles from the AL coast and still in the "cone" of it right now and if it shifts much we will be in a very bad cone of it) to get a hurricane at all BUT New Orleans I hope acts better this time if they do get it. It was a distaster down there last time but so was MS just as bad but u do not hear about it b/c they got out and did not stay and complain about the government not getting them out and are still not complaining b/c the government has not rewarded them with more free stuff. Yes FEMA can be bad but FEMA has also helped tons and tons of people too, it is not FEMAs responsibility to give you everything, you have to help yourself. Now I am off my New Orleans rant from that mess last time that so much of it was their own fault.

Crossing fingers, toes, eyes & sending prayers your way...my family is about 2 hr from Pensacola, FL so hoping it stays clear...Ivan did enough damage to us '05.

And we're over on the western side of the cone of uncertainty.
I work at a hospital on Galveston Island, Texas. We are already beginning preparations.
When Rita wa headed this way, we evacuated the hospital for the first time in it's entire history. My family spent a week in Dallas area.
We are beginning our plans...
Praying it won't strengthen and praying it will go towards the least people!
quiltchef

I'm west of New Orleans (for the cone we may get hit or we will be on the east side) so we have plans to evacuate if something happens we will be going north

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/tropical_weatherIt's building guys - stay safe!!!! Get out if you are in the path so you are safe...

janetupnorth said:

Why? Can you educate me on why you think this way? I'm not being flip, I honestly want to understand your stance on this. Thanks!! :)

Looks like they Florida Keys are already getting hit by Gustav like a whip! :( I hope this storm veers away from NOLA, but then that would mean it would hit somewhere else - EEK! Stay safe, everyone!!

Please all stay safe! I'm praying this storm spares lives.

please stay safe you guys!! I'm praying for you!

I'm on the east coast of Florida and feel your pain!!

I echo all the prayers and the thoughts to stay safe. Wow, I can't believe it's looking like it'll hit down there again. ANd as a category 5. Wow. I wish everyone down there in its path all the best.

I think we should ask our Canadian cheffers about their stance on National health care...............

I grew up in SE Alabama and had many a remnant of a hurricane come thru...it is no fun, so get out now and stay out until the all clear is given! PLEASE don't be brave....move inland!!!!

My cousin and friends brother live in New Orleans. I hope everyone is safe.

Related to Looks Like New Orleans Might Get Hit Again!

1. What precautions should I take to protect my home during a potential hurricane in New Orleans?

It is important to have a disaster preparedness plan in place for your home. This should include securing loose objects outside, stocking up on non-perishable food and water, and having a backup power source. It is also recommended to have flood insurance and to reinforce windows and doors.

2. Will Pampered Chef be offering any special deals or discounts for those affected by the hurricane in New Orleans?

Our thoughts are with those who may be impacted by the hurricane. While we do not have any specific deals or discounts at this time, we encourage our customers to reach out to our customer service team for assistance with any orders that may have been affected by the storm.

3. How can I support the relief efforts in New Orleans?

There are many reputable organizations working to provide aid and support to those affected by the hurricane. You can donate money, supplies, or volunteer your time. We recommend researching and donating to organizations such as the American Red Cross, Salvation Army, and local food banks.

4. Will there be any disruptions to Pampered Chef deliveries or customer service due to the hurricane in New Orleans?

We are closely monitoring the situation and will do our best to minimize any disruptions to our services. However, there may be delays in deliveries and our customer service team may experience high call volumes. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time.

5. Is it safe to travel to New Orleans after the hurricane?

We recommend following the guidance of local authorities and checking for any travel advisories before planning a trip to New Orleans. It is important to consider potential damage to infrastructure and services, as well as any ongoing relief efforts that may impact your visit.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rkcreations
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • AngieS
  • General Chat
Replies