• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I overcome my nervousness and make Pampered Chef work for me?

In summary, the new person is looking for advice on how to make their first cooking show successful. They are nervous and want to do a smaller order so they don't have to speak in front of a crowd. They are also looking for advice on how to make more sales.
sstqman
Gold Member
Hi everyone! I'm fairly new, I signed up in Oct. and did my 4 shows (they were catalog) and haven't had much luck in Nov. and Dec. I did turn in stuff in Nov. but got notice from Dec. that if I don't do something this month will go inactive.

I hope this doesn't sound awful, I'm extremely nervous about doing a kitchen show. My best friend has said she'd do one but we cancelled she couldn't work it around parades (she live outside New Orleans). I really want to make PC work for me (especially to prove DH wrong) but how can I do this with being soo nervous. I also have a full time job, so I would like to do my parties that are not in MS on the weekends. Any advice will be appreciated.

I have been enjoying this site since I found it. Sorry for the soo long intro. Also looking to make some PC friends that can give advice....

Thanks,

Hi!

I get really nerous when I speak in front of crowds so I feel your pain! I find if you list "self confidence" and wanting to overcome your fear of getting up in front of people as one of the reasons you tell your shows why you joined PC, most of them nod and feel the same exact way!

Everyone who's at a show wants to be (well, I guess like 99% of people), so just have a good time and try to relax. It will get easier!

Maybe try to get together a small catalog order from your co-workers to make sure you get something in this month and then work on holding kitchen shows.

You can do it!! Good luck! :chef:

can Ido an open house/2008 intro show for myself... and if so, does it have to be a kitchen show???

Hi, and welcome!Everyone's a little nervous about their first few cooking shows. But since those are usually done for close friends and family, they completely understand and are usually pretty forgiving of the "oops" moments.Have you made your list of 100? Have you called all of them, asking for bookings?

No, it's definately not awful that you're nervous! In fact, it's perfectly normal!
I used to be such a shy person, & at first doing shows made me so nervous I was almost sick to my stomach. But, the more shows you do, the easier it gets. And, holding them consistently makes it easier too. Even if you only want to do a couple a month; do that couple a month...if you go too long inbetween shows, that's when you get nervous.
Just ask a good friend or relative to host. (explain the great specials we have going on right now, & let them know you need sales now!)
You can do it:)

My advice... just tell yourself, everyone there is so happy you are up front, rather than them!!!!

Crazy thing is I've stressed the specials for this month (because I think they're awesome) and they all want to wait till Feb. (Mardi Gras is starting up over here) as most of the people that will attend or give live near the New Orleans area.....

I just don't know what else to do to get $200 in this month!!

Thanks for all the advice

Just tell everyone you know about the Stones sale; everyone always wants to know when they are on sale! Do a catalog show; maybe offer a 'mystery host'....draw one name from those that order & they can get the host benefits.

1. What is the best way to introduce myself at a Pampered Chef party?

The best way to introduce yourself at a Pampered Chef party is to start by sharing your name and a little bit about your background and why you love working with Pampered Chef. You can also ask the guests to introduce themselves as well, and encourage them to share their favorite Pampered Chef product or recipe.

2. Can you give me some tips on how to give advice to customers?

When giving advice to customers, it's important to listen to their needs and concerns first. Then, offer personalized recommendations based on their specific needs. Be knowledgeable about the products and share any personal experiences or success stories you have had with them. Finally, follow up with the customer to see how their experience was and if they have any additional questions.

3. How can I make sure my advice is helpful and not pushy?

The key to giving helpful advice without being pushy is to focus on the customer's needs and preferences. Ask them questions to understand their goals and what they are looking for, and then offer solutions based on their responses. Avoid being pushy by allowing the customer to make the final decision and respecting their choices.

4. How can I make a good first impression when meeting new customers?

A good first impression is key when meeting new customers. Make sure to be friendly, approachable, and professional. Smile and maintain good eye contact. Be knowledgeable about the products and ready to answer any questions. And most importantly, be genuine and authentic in your interactions.

5. Is it okay to ask for feedback from customers during a party?

Yes, it's absolutely okay to ask for feedback from customers during a party. In fact, it can be very helpful in improving your future parties and interactions with customers. You can ask for feedback on the products, the party experience, or even suggestions for future parties. Just make sure to thank the customers for their feedback and take it into consideration for future events.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sstqman
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
ahammons
Replies
Views
emiscookin
Replies
Views
Admin Greg