• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for Washer - Head in Spin Cycle!

The front loader uses less water and doesn't seem to get as dirty as top loaders. They also tend to be more expensive.
pampchefrhondab
Oh gosh, our washer and dryer are 20 years old. The washer is going out and starting to leak water on the floor, not spinning, etc.

I went to Sears looking for a washer today and I can't decide what they heck I want. I went online to find out what got good scores, and none of them did!! Well a few front loaders did, but I want a top loader.

Anyone have any experience w/a top loading washer lately they really like?

Thanks,

I believe mine is a GE and about 8-9 years old. Works just great for me.What don't you like about the front loader other than cost?
My brother has a set and LOVES them.
We have one at the fire station and I like them too.They use a lot less water than top loaders and I believe less soap too...Also, look around in your paper. Often people sell their slightly used top loaders to upgrade to front loaders...you might find a set pretty cheap!

Beware - the government is involved in washer design now, too. New washers use less water and according to most reviews, don't wash was well as the old ones.It sounds like the pump has gone out on yours. If you or anyone in your family has any mechanical knowledge at all, you can buy the parts and repair your machine and have better than anything new you can buy.I recently replaced the clutch on my 25 year old Whirlpool and it's still working just fine.

I have a Kenmore Super Capacity 3.5 front loading washer and a Kenmore Super Capacity Dryer. I have had them since spring and love them. I have a closet instead of a laundry room, so I have stacked the dryer on top of the washer to make room for all my cleaning equipment and vaccuum cleaner. I like the front loader because I really can cram in more clothes, I don't have to take my quilts and comforters to the drycleaner, and my water bill is down from last year. I can find HD detergent now pretty much anywhere, and I can still use fabric softener.

I highly recommend a front loader, and I am very happy with kenmore.

I have a Kenmore we bought from Sears a few years ago and love it. I know they don't have it any more but it was a top loader.

KG my front loader washes as well as any other washer I have used in the past. I use cold for everything except bedding. Dirt comes out, stains old and new come out without having to treat, and everything smells clean.

I have heard that you can wash everything except bedding in cold. Wash bedding in hot water to kill dust mites.

I have the Whirlpool Duet Front Loader and LOVE IT! It cleans far far better than my top loader ever thought about doing. I had a White/Westinghouse front loader before the top loader and I loved that one too. You'ld have to pay me quadruple the money to go back to a top load and then I'd still not want it. Just my 3 cents worth.

Here ya go:http://www.consumersearch.com/washing-machine-reviewsSorry - I'm a skeptic. I don't take anything at face value anymore and I always want to know the rest of the story.

My hubby and I are in the market for a new washer dryer as well. What about the washers that do not have an agitator are they any good?

I'll add my two cents. I HATED my Maytag Neptune front loader (NOTE: we bought it four years ago and I'm sure front loaders have improved since then, so this is just MY experience). We got rid of it last month after having it serviced at least 5 times in the last 4 years (some mechanical, some computer). The final straw was the "CPU was shot", according to the service guy (whom I trust completely - he's been doing my family's appliance service work for years). Even he said to go with a top loader. We bought a GE Profile King Size capacity top loader and it has worked beautifully for us. The service man told us to wash our first load without any soap and see how much "H.E. detergent" came out of our clothes (I only used HE detergent and always less than the recommended). I was amazed, and it explains why my skin was always so itchy. There was still soap in my clothes! I've rewashed all my clothes in the new washer, and can now use fabric softener (I thought I was sensitive to it). Oh - and I can fit our Queen size comforter in it.

With the front loader, my DH said he felt like his clothes were never clean. His t-shirts "grayed" faster, and I've had to rewash the kids' clothes a number of times to get out stains. Plus, there were times that the washer got this awful sewage smell to it.

On a negative note on the top loader we bought, it definitely uses more water, and it takes an extra 10 minutes to dry my clothes. Still well worth the non-itchy skin and white whites! :thumbup:

I'm with KG. Pay the money to have it fixed. The old ones last forever!! I let my old washer go because it was cheaper to buy a new one. The new one lasted 2 years before it started leaking and the repair cost is 2/3 what I paid for it. I am STILL kicking myself for not fixing my oldie but goodie!

Maytag makes a good top loader that is aggitator-less. I have a Neptune set front loader and i love it. But all the front loaders are pretty good.

What's H.E. detergent?Someone pointed out that you can't throw in something after the cycle starts on a front loader, so if you have that habit you may want to think again!

Ann F said:
What's H.E. detergent?

Someone pointed out that you can't throw in something after the cycle starts on a front loader, so if you have that habit you may want to think again!

HE stands for high efficency (sp??). It's made specifically for front loaders.

As far as the throwing something in... Actually, you can. DH just did it with a blanket. Doesn't hurt anything one bit.

We have a LG front loader washing machine & dryer. Absolutely love it. We live in the country & have to haul water when our well goes dry. The first summer we were married, we had an old top loader. We hauled water (1900 gallons) every week. The next summer, we had the LG front loader & didn't haul water but twice from June-Sept. I think my clothes wash better & we use less water. Total plus all the way around.

We had to buy a new washer about 2 years ago when we moved. We bought a Fisher & Paykel High Efficiency Top Loader. They come either with or without the agitator (ours is with) and I LOVE it. About 3 months ago we finally went and bought the top loading dryer to go with it. It is so nice to be able to just lift the wet clothes from the washer and drop them straight into the dryer. I had never heard of Fisher & Paykel before but my husband researched them online and said he thought we should try it. (The washer was on clearance because it was the display model and had a small scratch on the side). I'm so glad he talked me into it.

crystalscookingnow said:
HE stands for high efficency (sp??). It's made specifically for front loaders.

As far as the throwing something in... Actually, you can. DH just did it with a blanket. Doesn't hurt anything one bit.

We have a LG front loader washing machine & dryer. Absolutely love it. We live in the country & have to haul water when our well goes dry. The first summer we were married, we had an old top loader. We hauled water (1900 gallons) every week. The next summer, we had the LG front loader & didn't haul water but twice from June-Sept. I think my clothes wash better & we use less water. Total plus all the way around.

Can you re-drill your well deeper?

paroese said:
We had to buy a new washer about 2 years ago when we moved. We bought a Fisher & Paykel High Efficiency Top Loader. They come either with or without the agitator (ours is with) and I LOVE it. About 3 months ago we finally went and bought the top loading dryer to go with it. It is so nice to be able to just lift the wet clothes from the washer and drop them straight into the dryer. I had never heard of Fisher & Paykel before but my husband researched them online and said he thought we should try it. (The washer was on clearance because it was the display model and had a small scratch on the side). I'm so glad he talked me into it.

Both my Mom, and my In-Laws have the F&P washer and dryer. They love them. It's the first washer and dryer my MIL has ever been happy with!

We have an ancient Maytag washer and dryer (circa 1985!) and both are still going strong! I am just thankful for that.

Yeah the more I think about it I think I’ll have a repairman out to look at the washer. I just figured at 20 years old it was time for new - to save on energy and water. Also, I think the longer I wait the less quality the washers will be! When I was at Sears I asked to see the washers made in the USA – they didn’t have any. They were all made in Mexico or China. I told the salesmen I thought they had a Whirlpool plant in Ohio. He said, “Yes, the dryers still come from Ohio, but not the washers.”

There are several reasons I don’t want a front loader. First of all they would not fit in my utility room without the pedestals which cost an additional $500 or more anyway. I’m getting too old to bend over to put the wash in and bend over to put in the dryer! They are also way more expensive then the top loaders. I found a top of the line top loader at Sears (Kenmore) which uses half the water of the traditional top loader and can wash twice the number of clothes – no agitator. It scares me that it has the electronic board though! There were only 3 reviews on the web site – I’m sure they sell thousands – two were bad reviews one was good. I also have well water and most of my glass does not stay nice a shiney. I think it would be a lot of work trying to keep the door to the washer nice and new looking. You also need to clean the top loaders a lot to keep the musty smell away and keep the door open to them to dry out. My room is also a half bath and I would not want to have to keep the door open all the time - there would not be room. And my cat would probably try to jump inside!

I have a Consumer Reports membership, but all of the washers from the reviews have issues! I think people are just more likely to complain if they have problems then to post if they have had a good experience.

I hate getting older because when I was young I wouldn’t hesitate I would just go out and spend the money on new. Now I can’t make up my mind for anything and just hate spending money! Thank you all for your help.

Look on your local craigslist too. Sometimes people move and have to get rid of fairly new stuff!

I loved my Kenmore He3ts. We let the buyers of our house keep them when we moved (part of the negotiations) and I miss them a lot. The front loaders we have in this house now do not get our clothes near as clean.Craigslist is a great option as well as just getting it repaired if you don't want to spend a lot of cash.

I loved my Kenmore He3ts. We let the buyers of our house keep them when we moved (part of the negotiations) and I miss them a lot. The top loaders we have in this house now do not get our clothes near as clean.

Craigslist is a great option as well as just getting it repaired if you don't want to spend a lot of cash.

Related to Looking for Washer - Head in Spin Cycle!

1. How do I find the Washer - Head in Spin Cycle?

To find the Washer - Head in Spin Cycle, go to the "Cleaning & Organization" section of our website and click on the "Laundry" category. You can then use the filter options to narrow down your search and find the specific product you are looking for.

2. Is the Washer - Head in Spin Cycle dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Washer - Head in Spin Cycle is dishwasher safe. We recommend placing it on the top rack of your dishwasher for best results.

3. Can I use the Washer - Head in Spin Cycle on delicate fabrics?

Yes, the Washer - Head in Spin Cycle is safe to use on delicate fabrics. It is designed with soft bristles that gently clean without causing damage.

4. How often do I need to replace the Washer - Head in Spin Cycle?

The Washer - Head in Spin Cycle is designed to last for a long time with proper care. However, we recommend replacing it every 6-12 months for optimal performance.

5. Does the Washer - Head in Spin Cycle come with a warranty?

Yes, all Pampered Chef products come with a satisfaction guarantee. If you are not satisfied with your Washer - Head in Spin Cycle, you can return it within 30 days for a full refund or exchange.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchefrhondab
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jwpamp
  • BethCooks4U
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sarahlegare
  • pampchefrhondab