• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for Information on Expired Mixes

In summary, the shelf life of Pampered Chef mixes can vary but is generally 1-2 years when stored properly. Expired mixes may have changes in color, texture, or smell and should not be used. It is not recommended to extend the shelf life of a mix. If you have an expired mix, it is best to discard it and purchase a new one or contact customer service for further assistance.
cwinter474
Gold Member
A while back there was at least one email going around about cooking with expired mixes and the dangers of doing so. Did anyone save it? Or do you have information on the dangers? Maybe a website link?

My mother-n-law is certain that there is NO harm in using them. The only thing wrong with them, in her opinion, is that the yeast won't rise. She also says that as long as the can is not bulging there is nothing wrong with out dated canned products.

Just need to show her the facts.

Thanks in advance for your help!

I just found this on snopes

snopes.com: Pancake Mix and Allergic Reaction

But I was thinking there was more info as to other type of mixes and dangers. Maybe I'm just getting old and don't remember everything I read correctly

That is the info I have seen too. In my experience if you use something that is past it's date. Let's say the can of pineapple chunks I used recently. they should either be consumed right away after opening or cooked. The can of pineapple that was a few months past it's date was fine when we ate some right away but leftovers turned yucky in the fridge within 2 days!

Related to Looking for Information on Expired Mixes

1. What is the shelf life of Pampered Chef mixes?

The shelf life of Pampered Chef mixes varies depending on the specific mix. Generally, most mixes have a shelf life of 1-2 years when stored in a cool, dry place. However, we recommend checking the expiration date on the package for the most accurate information.

2. How can I tell if a mix has expired?

Expired mixes may have a change in color, texture, or smell. Additionally, the expiration date will be past the recommended shelf life. If you are unsure, it is always best to err on the side of caution and discard the mix.

3. Can I still use an expired mix?

We do not recommend using expired mixes as the quality and safety of the product cannot be guaranteed. It is always best to use the mix within its recommended shelf life for the best results.

4. Can I extend the shelf life of a mix?

Unfortunately, the shelf life of our mixes cannot be extended. It is important to follow the recommended storage and expiration guidelines for the best quality and safety of the product.

5. What should I do if I have an expired mix?

If you have an expired mix, we recommend discarding it and purchasing a new one. You can also contact our customer service team for further assistance or to inquire about our return policy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefPaulaB
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kcjodih
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • pamperedlinda