• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for a Minnie Mouse Cakepan..

In summary, Jess is looking for a cake to celebrate her daughter's 18th birthday. She has tried looking online and local stores, but finds the prices to be too high. She has also tried doing a cake with two cupcakes as the ears and a cake with a stencil, but finds that the fine details are difficult to do. She has found a website that has ideas for Minnie cakes, and plans to use one of those ideas.
Jess_K
It's probably a long shot, but my DD's birthday is comming up (18th) and I wanted to make her a minnie mouse cake. The ones on E-bay are a bit too much for me. $50 for a cake pan? Anyway just thought I would see if anyone has one lying around.
thanks, please email me or PM me. email [email protected]

Jess, have you checked out any local libraries? There is one around here that has cake pans you can check out. May be cheaper to drive to the nearest town.

If you can not find one maybe try doing a round cake with 2 cupcakes as the ears. not sure about the bow though. Good luck finding one.

I will look in my cake books and see if I can suggest a cake for you.

I looked and it may sound hard to do, but I would just draw Minnie onto a cake. I never buy pans anymore, because I do so many cakes for friends and stuff and I cannot afford to buy them. I free hand just about everything. I usually either look in my Wilton books or get a napkin or something from their theme and just draw it on the cake. Minnie would be pretty easy to draw because there is not that much detail. The bow would probably be the most difficult part of it.

$50 is way too much. You can buy them at Michael's for under $20. Lots of stores (bulk food, party supplies) rent the pans as well.

If you can't draw freehand, just make a stencil. You can take any simple picture, like from a coloring book or print one from your computer and then cut out the outline. Once your cake is baked and frosted smooth, put it in the fridge (or freezer) for a little while to let the icing get a little firm. Then place your picture on top and use a toothpick to trace around the outline of the picture. If you need to draw more inside the stencil then just cut away at the stencil and place it back on the cake and repeat tracing around it. Continue until you have the entire pic stenciled onto the cake. You need to make sure your icing stays firm or the paper will stick--you may need to put the cake back in the fridge for a bit every so often to keep it firm. Then you can easily fill it in with icing "stars" I usually outline everything with a thin line of dark icing first and then fill in. I have been doing cakes for over 27 years and this is the method I use. I can pretty much put any cartoon character on a cake. The hardest part is getting fine details, but Minnie doesn't really have fine details. I just did a Dora cake for my daughters friend who was turning 28! Good luck, I know I would never pay that much for a cake pan.

thanks for all the ideas, I have a few in mind, and I usually do freehand all my cakes, just thought the pan was too cute. :) and no I would never even consider spending that much on a cake pan! love the coolest cakes site, so I'll just "borrow" ideas from there.
thanks again!

Related to Looking for a Minnie Mouse Cakepan..

What is the best Minnie Mouse cakepan available?

The best Minnie Mouse cakepan available is the Pampered Chef Kids' Mickey Mouse Cake Pan. It is made from durable cast aluminum and has a non-stick coating for easy release. Plus, it features a cute Minnie Mouse shaped design that kids will love!

Can I use a regular cakepan to make a Minnie Mouse cake?

Yes, you can use a regular cakepan to make a Minnie Mouse cake. However, the end result may not have the same shape and design as a Minnie Mouse cakepan. We recommend using a specially designed cakepan for best results.

Is the Minnie Mouse cakepan dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Minnie Mouse cakepan is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend handwashing it with mild soap and warm water to preserve the non-stick coating and prevent any potential warping.

Does the Minnie Mouse cakepan come with any decorating tips or ideas?

The Minnie Mouse cakepan does not come with any decorating tips or ideas. However, we have a variety of cake decorating tools and resources available on our website to help you create the perfect Minnie Mouse cake.

Can I use the Minnie Mouse cakepan to make other desserts?

Yes, the Minnie Mouse cakepan can be used to make other desserts such as brownies, rice krispie treats, and even ice cream cakes. Just be sure to adjust the baking time and temperature accordingly for different recipes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ragschef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Chefgirl2
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies