• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Loading Ppp at Another Location

In summary, Shawna is returning home to West Virginia tomorrow and has one party that was supposed to close tonight, but she has been sick and wants to keep it open until Thursday. Shawna recommends that she takes her P3 disc to her parents' house and downloads the show onto their computer, closing the party there. She also recommends backuping her P3 to a portable memory and restoring it when she gets home. Finally, if there is an easier way, everyone is invited to comment.
chefshawna
Gold Member
I am going back home to WV tomorrow and have one party that was supposed to close tonight, but she has been sick and wants to keep it open until Thursday, well I won't be here. Can I just take my P3 disc to my parents and download it onto their computer and close the party there?

Shawna~

(PLEASE correct me, if I am wrong everyone!)

If you are going to do that, I think you need to backup your P3 to a portable memory (that you can also plug into the computer you will have access to in WV) Then, load P3 and do a "restore" which will basically put all of your past orders, etc. onto that version of your P3. Close out your show there, and then backup AGAIN, which will include the new show and orders. When you get home, you will need to do the "restore" thing on your computer before you try to add anything else into P3 on that computer.

If there is an easier way, everyone, please chime in!! But really, I do that all of the time (I have a computer in the kitchen, but I can't print off of it. So, I need to go back and forth...so I do exactly like I typed above.)

Could I burn it onto a CD, I don't have a zip drive. What do you use to back up yours?

I have P3 on my laptop and my desktop, so when I back up my laptop I e-mail the file to myself and upload it on my desktop. Then I just restore from there. Hope that makes sense. I would keep an external back up too just to be safe.

If you have laptop with the ppp installed on it wouldn't you be able to put in the rest of the show and find a place that has free wireless connection in order to send the order off, such as McDonald's, Borders Bookstore, etc.?? Never tried this myself but it may work.

Susan
Chefsuzn

I don't have a laptop, but I hope to be getting one soon!!

KellyTheChef said:
Shawna~

(PLEASE correct me, if I am wrong everyone!)

If you are going to do that, I think you need to backup your P3 to a portable memory (that you can also plug into the computer you will have access to in WV) Then, load P3 and do a "restore" which will basically put all of your past orders, etc. onto that version of your P3. Close out your show there, and then backup AGAIN, which will include the new show and orders. When you get home, you will need to do the "restore" thing on your computer before you try to add anything else into P3 on that computer.

If there is an easier way, everyone, please chime in!! But really, I do that all of the time (I have a computer in the kitchen, but I can't print off of it. So, I need to go back and forth...so I do exactly like I typed above.)
When changing computers for good do I do the same thing? Just back it up on a portable memory and put it on the new computer and restore it?

JAE said:
When changing computers for good do I do the same thing? Just back it up on a portable memory and put it on the new computer and restore it?

Yep, that's it! I used to use my laptop for shows, then save PPP on a USB drive and then upload the file to my desktop. I'm switching to a new laptop (FINALLY - a better one that doesn't shut down on me!) this weekend, so I'll do the same thing.

Where is "restore" or should I ask how do we restore? My dh is doing this and my P3 is asking for my consultant # and password in the new computer. It won't take my actual # and password.

That's odd. It should work the same - once it's installed, you enter the program, go to "help" and select "restore from backup."

Can anyone help me- I can't even load S/S 08 PPP onto my laptop. I followed the instructions from CC and nothing is happening. I am so frustrated. Anyone else having this problem. I have tried all my drives but nothing is happening.
Thank you so much
Jane

How current is the P3 disc you are using. Keep in mind that it is going to need to install updates. I currently have P3 installed on a laptop and on my home desktop.
If you are somewhat computer savvy it should not be too difficult but depending on the differences in the PCs there could be problems, should't be, but could.
One thing you absolutely need to do is delete completely the temporary install that you are doing since it will store ALL of your customer information on that unit.

How do you restore from one computer to the other using a flash drive?

Never mind. I got it done!!!!! Very fast and easy!!!!!!

just an FYI...i got a flash drive at office depot for $10...its a 1 gb but i only put ppp on it so that i can go between my laptop and my desktop. plus if you use your pc office depot card its even cheaper. they also have larger ones too. just thought i would give you a heads up.

Thanks, Sandy. The one I have I am only going to use for P3 too just to keep that straight. I am thinking of getting another just to back up other files I have.

pamperedharriet said:
Never mind. I got it done!!!!! Very fast and easy!!!!!!
Glad you were able to get it going. The flash drive I got has a built in encryption and password system so I don't have to worry about any information being taken off of it incase I lose it.

KimoMakano said:
Glad you were able to get it going. The flash drive I got has a built in encryption and password system so I don't have to worry about any information being taken off of it incase I lose it.

Thanks so much and for the info about the encryption and password system!

Related to Loading Ppp at Another Location

What is the process for loading PPP at another location?

The process for loading PPP (Personal Points Program) at another location is as follows:

• First, you will need to contact your Pampered Chef consultant to request a transfer of your PPP to the new location.
  • Once the transfer is approved, your consultant will provide you with a new PPP code to use at the new location.
  • Next, you will need to log in to your consultant workstation and select the "Redeem PPP" option.
  • Enter the new PPP code provided by your consultant and click "Redeem" to load your PPP at the new location.
  • Your PPP will now be available for use at the new location.

Can I transfer my PPP to multiple locations?

Yes, you can transfer your PPP to multiple locations. However, please note that each transfer will require a separate request and new PPP code from your consultant.

How long does it take for my PPP to be available at the new location?

Once your consultant has approved the transfer and provided you with a new PPP code, it should only take a few minutes for your PPP to be available at the new location. However, please allow up to 24 hours for the transfer to be processed.

Can I transfer my PPP to a location outside of the United States?

No, PPP can only be used at Pampered Chef locations within the United States. It cannot be transferred to locations outside of the country.

What happens if I transfer my PPP to the wrong location?

If you accidentally transfer your PPP to the wrong location, please contact your consultant immediately to request a transfer back to the correct location. Please note that your PPP can only be transferred once every 24 hours, so it is important to double check the location before initiating a transfer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smilesarepriceless
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PCMelissa
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
thecougchef
  • kam