• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Want the Recipe for Delicious Loaded Baked Potato Chowder?

In summary, the conversation revolved around different variations of a potato-based soup dish, with some preferring the Smashed Potato Soup from the "It's Good For You Cookbook" while others enjoyed the Chowder recipe. The Chowder recipe was praised for its versatility and the fact that it only required one potato to be cooked twice, while the Smashed Potato Soup had a more complex ingredient list. Some suggested adding additional ingredients like onion and carrot to the Chowder, while others recommended turning the potatoes skin side up for smaller pieces. Overall, the recipes were well-received and considered easy to make.
bknowles67
I made this the other night and it was awesome and sooo easy to make! This will be a big hit this Fall especially in Sept!

I agree! Thought it was great!

Have you had the Smashed Potato Soup in the It's Good For You Cookbook?

I'm wondering how it compares to that. I am a huge fan of the Smashed Potato Soup, and when I look at the recipe for the Chowder it just looks like it would be bland in comparison...I'm just wondering if anyone has had both....

Can't wait to try this one!

My leader made this for our meeting this past monday and it was good. I think I would have liked it better without the skins (im not a skin person) so when i make it, i would probably peel them with the veggie peeler (btw, the peeler is GREAT for peaches!)

We made the chowder at our cluster meeting also. It was great!! I love this recipe for 2 reasons. First I love that the potatos cook twice this gives you the opportunity to cook bacon, chop brocolli, shred cheese, etc. Second it has so many options as far as what you can add. Anything you would eat on potatos you can put in this chowder.

Becky, now I need to try the smashed potato soup. You made me curious and hungry!!

I agree with you, Becky. The smashed potato soup has really good flavor. Although I don't see why you couldn't add some chopped onion and carrot into the DCB with the potatoes in the new recipe.

JamieLois said:
We made the chowder at our cluster meeting also. It was great!! I love this recipe for 2 reasons. First I love that the potatos cook twice this gives you the opportunity to cook bacon, chop brocolli, shred cheese, etc. Second it has so many options as far as what you can add. Anything you would eat on potatos you can put in this chowder.

Becky, now I need to try the smashed potato soup. You made me curious and hungry!!

The smashed potato soup also has carrot, celery, onion (all chopped fine w/ the food chopper), garlic, chicken broth, and sour cream in it. This probably makes it more than $1 per serving, but I'm sure it's still $2 or less per serving. You also use bacon, cheddar, green onion, etc...as condiments to personalize your soup. I keep trying to figure out how the Chowder could be any better.

I've been making this in the DCB for the past couple of years, and it's done in less than 15 minutes.

chefann said:
I agree with you, Becky. The smashed potato soup has really good flavor. Although I don't see why you couldn't add some chopped onion and carrot into the DCB with the potatoes in the new recipe.

Actually, what I was thinking I'd do is just use the potato baking method for the chowder, but continue to use all of the ingredients from the smashed potato soup.:chef:

Loved the chowder too. I have a soup recipe similar to the smashed potato soup that we LOVE and make every yr. Didn't know how the new one would hold up to it in comparision. It's great, just different.

I think what guest will love is you don't have to chop and prep all the other ingred. like onion, celery, and carrot. (like I do in my fav. & Becky's)

Agree---could live without the skins---mine didn't break up into small pieces so ended up with large masses of skin.

I loved it we made it the next night after I got home for conference and it was very yummy.

I made the chowder last weekend and DH and I really liked it. For those of you that didn't like the big pieces of potato skin - try turning them skin side up before using the Mix N Chop. I microwaved another potato after I added the liquids to the chowder, it just seemed too runny. The original potatoes were skin side down and there were big pieces, the additional ones I had skin side up and it seemed to result in much smaller pieces. Maybe I'm crazy but worth a try to avoid peeling those potatoes :)

meganmcg said:
I made the chowder last weekend and DH and I really liked it. For those of you that didn't like the big pieces of potato skin - try turning them skin side up before using the Mix N Chop. I microwaved another potato after I added the liquids to the chowder, it just seemed too runny. The original potatoes were skin side down and there were big pieces, the additional ones I had skin side up and it seemed to result in much smaller pieces. Maybe I'm crazy but worth a try to avoid peeling those potatoes :)

Thanks for the tip. Will try that next time.

LOVE the chowder! My director made it at our cluster meeting last week and I made it for my family this week! Everyone LOVED it and it only took 30 min. AND didn't heat up the house!! I can't wait to use this at a show!

ChefBeckyD said:
The smashed potato soup also has carrot, celery, onion (all chopped fine w/ the food chopper), garlic, chicken broth, and sour cream in it. This probably makes it more than $1 per serving, but I'm sure it's still $2 or less per serving. You also use bacon, cheddar, green onion, etc...as condiments to personalize your soup. I keep trying to figure out how the Chowder could be any better.

I've been making this in the DCB for the past couple of years, and it's done in less than 15 minutes.

Becky - just for clarification - you're doing the Smashed Tater Soup in the DCB? Do you follow the directions but just subsitute the DCB? I LOVE potato soup and would love to try this one...especially if I can use my DCB. :love: TIA

Melissa78 said:
Becky - just for clarification - you're doing the Smashed Tater Soup in the DCB? Do you follow the directions but just subsitute the DCB? I LOVE potato soup and would love to try this one...especially if I can use my DCB. :love: TIA

Yes! I do it in the DCB instead of the pan on the stove. I saute the veggies in the DCB for about 4 minutes, and then add in the potatoes, milk, broth, cook for about another 10 minutes - and then stir in the sour cream. TaDa!

I wasn't able to make it to conference. Can someone share the recipe, please?

I would love the recipe too. This is making me very hungary.

1. What ingredients are needed to make Loaded Baked Potato Chowder?

To make Loaded Baked Potato Chowder, you will need:

• 6 large baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 3 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 6 cups of chicken broth
  • 1 cup of heavy cream
  • 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
  • 6 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
  • Salt and pepper to taste

2. Can I make this recipe vegetarian-friendly?

Yes, you can make this recipe vegetarian-friendly by substituting vegetable broth for the chicken broth and omitting the bacon. You can also add in some extra vegetables, such as corn or carrots, for added flavor and nutrients.

3. How long does it take to make Loaded Baked Potato Chowder?

The total time to make this chowder is approximately 45 minutes. This includes prepping and cooking time.

4. Can I freeze the leftovers?

Yes, you can freeze the leftovers of Loaded Baked Potato Chowder. Make sure to store it in an airtight container and consume within 3 months for best taste and texture.

5. Can I use a slow cooker to make this recipe?

Yes, you can use a slow cooker to make this recipe. Simply add all the ingredients (except for the heavy cream and cheese) into the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. Once the potatoes are tender, stir in the heavy cream and cheese until melted and heated through.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• naekelsey
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Meigs
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ToDi4Food
  • pampered2007