• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Light and Healthy PC Show: Tips and Tricks for New Consultants

In summary, there are several healthy substitutions you can make in your cooking, such as using Greek yogurt instead of sour cream, or using whole wheat flour instead of white flour. You can also make your meals more nutritious without sacrificing flavor by adding more vegetables, using herbs and spices, and incorporating healthy fats. For busy weeknights, consider making sheet pan dinners, slow cooker meals, or stir-fries, and for healthier choices when eating out, opt for grilled or steamed options and ask for dressings and sauces on the side. Finally, to make desserts healthier, use alternative sweeteners, incorporate fruits or vegetables, and experiment with whole grain flours and healthier fats.
2chefsAJ
My husband and I are brand new PC consultants and we just had our first show. It was good but, we have a lady who booked a show with us and wants to do a light and healthy show. Any suggestions, and and as of right now we have only the ne consultants kit so we would like to try to use only what we have but if necessary we can borrow some items from our team.
Thank you

Ana

Do you have or could you borrow the It's Good for You cookbook? I suppose it also depends on what they consider light and healthy.

https://www.pamperedchef.com/images/cc/us/pdf/chicken_tortilla_casserole.pdf

If you substitute a skinless chicken breast for a thigh, it would cut the calories.

Don't be afraid to use a non-PC recipe either. We are really showing products more than the recipe anyway, but you could start with the It's Good for You cookbook if you can borrow it.

Great
Thank you

1. What are some healthy substitutions I can make in my cooking?

There are several healthy substitutions you can make in your cooking, such as using Greek yogurt instead of sour cream, or using whole wheat flour instead of white flour. You can also substitute applesauce for oil in baking recipes, and use avocado or hummus as a spread instead of mayonnaise. Experiment with different options to find what works best for you and your taste preferences.

2. How can I make my meals more nutritious without sacrificing flavor?

There are many ways to make your meals more nutritious without sacrificing flavor. For example, you can add more vegetables to your dishes, use herbs and spices for added flavor instead of salt, and choose lean protein sources such as chicken or fish. You can also try incorporating healthy fats like avocado or olive oil into your meals for added nutrition and flavor.

3. What are some easy and healthy meal ideas for busy weeknights?

Some easy and healthy meal ideas for busy weeknights include sheet pan dinners, slow cooker meals, and stir-fries. These types of meals allow you to incorporate a variety of vegetables and protein sources, and can be prepped and cooked quickly. You can also try making larger batches of meals and storing them in portion-sized containers for easy grab-and-go options during the week.

4. How can I make healthier choices when eating out?

When eating out, you can make healthier choices by opting for grilled or steamed options instead of fried, choosing dishes with more vegetables, and asking for dressings and sauces on the side. You can also check the restaurant's menu online beforehand to see if they have any healthier options available. Don't be afraid to ask your server for recommendations or to make modifications to your dish.

5. How can I make my desserts healthier?

You can make your desserts healthier by using alternative sweeteners such as honey or maple syrup instead of sugar, and incorporating fruits or vegetables into your baked goods. You can also try making desserts with whole grain flours and using healthier fats like coconut oil instead of butter. Experiment with different recipes and ingredients to find healthier versions of your favorite desserts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sushimommy
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
carlajanes
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • Admin Greg