• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lets Thank Our Soldiers This 4Th of July

In summary, my big brother is a Major in the Marine Corps and is likely going to Iraq in the next year. Experiencing the uncertainty of his future has made it more real to him and his family. They are sending some cards this month. My favorite holidays are Christmas and 4th of July, in that order.
jrstephens
I got this from one of my best friends and wanted to share it with everyone. I think this is something we should all do. I have forwarded it along to everyone in my address book as well.

"Dear Friends,

As many of you know, my brother was wounded in Iraq in July 2005. He is doing well, lives in Huntsville and has been allowed to
continue working with the Army at Redstone.

This request is being made to you to please remember all of the wounded soldiers who are currently at Walter Reed Army Hospital in
Washington, DC., (which is the hospital my brother was in for 18 months). This is something that I feel very passionate about.
If you could ever visit the hospital you would understand why I feel this way.

With July 4th approaching, please consider sending a thank you card to the address below. When the soldiers receive these cards,
they place them on the walls, ceilings, and doors as encouragement while they are recovering.

WALTER REED ARMY HOSPITAL
C/O ANY SOLDIER
6900 GEORGIA AVENUE
HEATON PAVILLION, WARD 57
WASHINGTON, DC 20307

Many, many, thanks,

Libby"

If I can piggy-back on your thread, here's a site where you can send thank you postcards to troops who are stationed overseas: http://www.letssaythanks.com

Added to clarify: This site is sponsored by Xerox, and it's free to send the cards. They have artwork by schoolchildren around the country. You can select a message they have written, or write your own.

Last edited:
You can "piggy-back" all you want if it means more cards for our soldiers!

Thanks to both of you for posting these!

My big brother is a Major in the Marine Corps - and because of his position/training - we thought he wouldn't be going to Iraq, but it's looking more and more like he may be going w/in the next year. Not in a combat position - he is an educator, and would be going to do some research for training purposes - but everyone in Iraq, combat patrol or not, is in the line of fire (or car bombs).

Experiencing the uncertainty of his future with his wife and 3 small children (6, 4, and 10 mo) has made it even more real to me - and my prayers are with all those serving in the Military.
As a family, we will be sending some cards this month!

My brother, The Rocket Scientist, works at Redstone and it's always kind of a jolt to me to remember that Redstone is more than a NASA site and location of military rocketry. Thanks for the reminder.I also usually drive in 4th of July parades (I'm not this year for a variety or reasons) and I always marvel at the pomp that goes with it.Sadly, the patriotic spirit of the 4th of July doesn't seem to stay with us to Christmas, just as the spirit of Christmas doesn't last until the 4th.

It is sad, TKG.

My favorite holidays are Christmas and 4th of July, in that order, I love the aura of those holidays.

I strongly support our troops!:cool: :cool:

1. What is the "Lets Thank Our Soldiers This 4Th of July" campaign?

The "Lets Thank Our Soldiers This 4Th of July" campaign is a nationwide effort to show appreciation and support for our military personnel during the Independence Day holiday. It encourages individuals and communities to come together and express their gratitude for the sacrifices made by our soldiers.

2. How can I participate in the campaign?

There are many ways to get involved in the "Lets Thank Our Soldiers This 4Th of July" campaign. You can write thank you letters or cards, donate care packages, volunteer at a veteran's organization, or simply show your appreciation by saying "thank you" to a soldier or veteran.

3. Is there a specific time or place to thank our soldiers?

No, you can show your gratitude anytime and anywhere. However, some communities may organize events or parades specifically to honor and thank our soldiers during the 4th of July holiday. Check with your local government or veteran's organization for any planned activities in your area.

4. Can children participate in the campaign?

Absolutely! The "Lets Thank Our Soldiers This 4Th of July" campaign is a great opportunity for children to learn about and appreciate the sacrifices of our military personnel. They can write letters or draw pictures to thank soldiers, help pack care packages, or even participate in a community event.

5. What are some ideas for showing appreciation to our soldiers?

Aside from writing letters or volunteering, you can also show your appreciation by flying an American flag, wearing patriotic attire, or displaying a "Support Our Troops" sign. You can also donate to organizations that support military personnel and their families, such as the USO or Wounded Warrior Project.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gailz2
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
WLMcCoy
  • pamperedlinda
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefann
  • WLMcCoy