• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

This Is a Great Idea! Please Read & Pass On!

thanks for the heads up.The address given on Lisa's post is not the correct address to send cards to. The correct address is: c/O Walter Reed Army Medical Center 6900 Georgia Avenue,NW Washington,D.C. 20307-5001 If you approve, please pass it on.
WLMcCoy
PLEASE READ LISA/CHEFBEAR'S POST. IT IS 5 POSTS DOWN!! She has written the correct address!!

GREAT IDEA!! When doing your Christmas cards this year, take one card and send it to this address. If we pass this on and everyone sends one card, think of how many cards these wonderful special people who have sacrificed so much would get.

When you are making out your Christmas card list this year, please include the following:

A Recovering American Soldier
c/O Walter Reed Army Medical Center
6900 Georgia Avenue,NW
Washington,D.C. 20307-5001

If you approve, please pass it on.

I think this is an amazing idea! We should be so proud of these soldiers and their families that sacrifice so much for us and our families!

Last edited:
Great idea! Thanks! I am definitely adding that to my Christmas card list! :thumbup:

Our church did this last year, and I had misplaced the address. Thanks for posting the address. I will be sure to send out a few cards to our recovering soldiers.

Great idea - thank you for posting it!

You might want to check on this first. I read somewhere that they no longer accept cards or packages unless they are to a specific person. I'll see if I can find the information. There are groups that accept cards & hand deliver them though.

Don't do this, it's a scam, they don't deliver cards like that. Check out snopes.

snopes.com: Holiday Cards for Recovering Soldiers

If read this, in 2008 the Red Cross has stepped in and is doing a program and this is the correct address to send and it will go to any soliders stationed throughout the world.

Here's link to Red Cross site........
http://www.redcross.org/email/saf/

Correct address through Red Cross is:

Holiday Mail for Heroes
PO Box 5456
Capitol Heights, MD 20791-5456

The goal is to collect and distribute 1 million holiday cards to spread holiday cheer and faciliate thanks to these brace individuals and families.

There are restrictions and date requirements, so check out the Red Cross Link or go to bottom of snopes.com link.

Lisa

Thank you! I would love to send a card (or several), but feel better knowing they are actually going to be distributed! :)

I sent 5 to the Walter Reed address last year and they all came back. Glad to see a "real address" this year! I'll be sure to add that one to my card list!

Lisa/ChefBear said:
Don't do this, it's a scam, they don't deliver cards like that. Check out snopes.

snopes.com: Holiday Cards for Recovering Soldiers

If read this, in 2008 the Red Cross has stepped in and is doing a program and this is the correct address to send and it will go to any soliders stationed throughout the world.

Here's link to Red Cross site........

Correct address through Red Cross is:

Holiday Mail for Heroes
PO Box 5456

The goal is to collect and distribute 1 million holiday cards to spread holiday cheer and faciliate thanks to these brace individuals and families.

There are restrictions and date requirements, so check out the Red Cross Link or go to bottom of snopes.com link.

Lisa

Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting this!! I want everyone's cards to be delivered!! THANK YOU!!

Thanks for posting this. I just sent it out to all my email friends/family as well!

I knew the other address wasn't right, as we also had our youth group send cards last year and they came back, what made it hard on them, was they worked hard on making each one and thinking they were helping soldiers feel better. They put so much work into them and then to have them come back.

I found out an address of a local soldier who was just being sent to Iraq and sent them to him explaining what had happened and he was great and sent our youth group an awesome letter.

I was just going to post don't do it, check out snopes and God made me check the link and read it and find the correct address and link. Praise God, because now I can give this to our youth group to do again this year and know they are reaching any and all soldiers.

Lisa

I had sent this out to my sister, whose boy is over in Iraq right now..she said not to send the cards to the original address given...they definitely cannot be delivered. The reason is because they must know personally who they are coming from and who they are going to..for security purposes.

Stampaholic1961 said:
You might want to check on this first. I read somewhere that they no longer accept cards or packages unless they are to a specific person. I'll see if I can find the information. There are groups that accept cards & hand deliver them though.

I believe that started shortly after the Anthrax scare. Its for security for our Men and Women serving!

WLMcCoy said:
PLEASE READ LISA/CHEFBEAR'S POST. IT IS 5 POSTS DOWN!! She has written the correct address!!

GREAT IDEA!! When doing your Christmas cards this year, take one card and send it to this address. If we pass this on and everyone sends one card, think of how many cards these wonderful special people who have sacrificed so much would get.

When you are making out your Christmas card list this year, please include the following:

A Recovering American Soldier
c/O Walter Reed Army Medical Center
6900 Georgia Avenue,NW
Washington,D.C. 20307-5001

If you approve, please pass it on.

I think this is an amazing idea! We should be so proud of these soldiers and their families that sacrifice so much for us and our families!

When you edited your post, why didn't you just take the incorrect address out? I'm just wondering, that's all.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
When you edited your post, why didn't you just take the incorrect address out? I'm just wondering, that's all.

I was wondering the same.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
DebbieJ said:
I was wondering the same.

Did the two of you find the correct address? If so, that's all I am worried about.. If not, let me know and I will make sure you get the correct one.

I think the point was that, since you were already editing your initial post to say, "The correct address is below" why not also update the address in your post? Some people won't read completely, and will take the address from your initial post, which is a waste of their time, cards, and postage.

The reason I directed everyone to Lisa's post was b/c I received the former address in an e-mail. So everyone else who maybe received the same e-mail would see that it actually is a fake. There is only one address to send cards to, & Walter Reed is not just another option.

But the importance of this thread was to send Christmas cards to soldiers, not nag.

So please, tell a soldier how much you appreciate the sacrifices they make. Send a Christmas card or cards to the following address:

Holiday Mail for Heroes
PO Box 5456

It is sponsered by the American Red Cross. Your cards will be distributed throughout the world to American soldiers.
Cards must be postmarked no later than Dec. 10. Please to to the Red Cross' website for restrictions and requirements.

WLMcCoy said:
The reason I directed everyone to Lisa's post was b/c I received the former address in an e-mail. So everyone else who maybe received the same e-mail would see that it actually is a fake. There is only one address to send cards to, & Walter Reed is not just another option.

But the importance of this thread was to send Christmas cards to soldiers, not nag.

So please, tell a soldier how much you appreciate the sacrifices they make. Send a Christmas card or cards to the following address:

Holiday Mail for Heroes
PO Box 5456

It is sponsered by the American Red Cross. Your cards will be distributed throughout the world to American soldiers.
Cards must be postmarked no later than Dec. 10. Please to to the Red Cross' website for restrictions and requirements.

I think I am going to print this web page off and have my church collect cards.

I have been told before too that Walter Reed will not deliver generic ones b/c of security.

jrstephens said:
I think I am going to print this web page off and have my church collect cards.

I have been told before too that Walter Reed will not deliver generic ones b/c of security.

I am sending this to me church, too. & putting flyers up around town! I think it's so important!

bumping for the new thread created on this same topic!

This is going to get confusing... I would delete this thread and start all over with all the correct info.

A great site to utilize if you want to do something like this is http://www.anysoldier.com/ My Brownie troop did this last year. We found a small unit from MN serving in Kosovo specifically lookin for home made things, letters, and drawings for the soldiers as well as school supplies for the local (very poor) children.

Last edited:

What is "This Is a Great Idea! Please Read & Pass On!"?

"This Is a Great Idea! Please Read & Pass On!" is a campaign started by Pampered Chef to spread awareness about our high-quality kitchen products and delicious recipes.

How can I participate in "This Is a Great Idea! Please Read & Pass On!"?

To participate, simply share our campaign with your friends, family, and social media followers. You can also host a Pampered Chef party and showcase our products to your guests.

What will I get for participating in "This Is a Great Idea! Please Read & Pass On!"?

By participating, you are helping us reach more people and spread the word about our amazing products. You will also have the chance to earn rewards and discounts on our products as a thank you for your support.

Why should I choose Pampered Chef products over other kitchen brands?

Pampered Chef offers high-quality, durable, and innovative kitchen products that are designed to make cooking and baking easier and more enjoyable. Our products are also backed by a satisfaction guarantee, ensuring your satisfaction with every purchase.

How can I learn more about Pampered Chef and its products?

You can visit our website or connect with a Pampered Chef consultant for more information about our products and company. You can also follow us on social media for updates, promotions, and delicious recipe ideas.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gailz2
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
WLMcCoy
  • pamperedlinda
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefann
  • WLMcCoy