• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Let's Talk CuPampered Chefakes!!!

In summary, Colleen and Sheila were helping a friend with cupcakes for her son's class, and Colleen has some beautiful cupcakes with sprinkles for the party. Colleen also mentions that she's more like Sheila when it comes to form and appearance. Finally, there is a recipe link for red velvet cupcakes.
Sheila
Gold Member
Yum!

I remember posting the ideas that my upline had flying around, but thought I'd post some photos. I helped a friend do cupcakes today for her son's class. He was adamant that she could NOT do girly looking stuff for the boys in his class, so they are getting the plain sprinkle ones. But the girls are getting the cute little Christmas Trees! :D I'm super anal when it comes to format & appearance, she's not. So I had to bite my tongue that the ones she did were not "perfect" ... but I was a good girl & let it go. She did most of the trees, I did most of the stars. The bottom left is all her. ;)

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs024.snc6/165477_1740972209320_1389121744_2733717_4148389_n.jpg

And we did one poinsetta for the teacher! I absolutely LOVE this one & am going to do a whole batch for a party tomorrow! It was my first time doing it. It definitely takes longer than just using the EAD & throwing on some sprinkles, but I think the finished product and the WOW factor is so worth the effort!

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs734.ash1/162891_1740983769609_1389121744_2733726_1971915_n.jpg

Looks great Sheila!

....I can never come up with cute stuff like this, but I surely can 'borrow' :D

Very pretty.

But I'd be with your friend. Not so anal, here. :p I actually LIKE the ones with sprinkles! Simple, yet festive. :party:

Gorgeous! To make the petals, you cut the marshmallows in half and then press them into the colored sugar???? I'm thinking these would be cute for Christmas next week!On another cupcake note, I was reading Food & Wine as I was waiting for my car to be serviced and they were announcing the top 10 food trends for 2011... Savory Cupcakes is one of them... interesting!

Those are amazing!! I am,um, more like your friend. I am not so coordinated when it comes to making things look pretty. I wish I were more like you when it comes to form and appearance.

No need for perfection if they're just going to the kiddos. They look cute though.

The sprinkles don't bother me. It's the non-straight lines on the trees and the bottom left "star"! ;)

Colleen, cut them on an angle. Hold it between your 1st finger and thumb where the circle part is touching your fingers and you are looking at the cylinder tube section. Then imagine it being 2D and cut from the bottom right corner to the top left corner. When you dip it, the freshly cut section will be sticky and will collect the colored sugar/sprinkles. Put the circle part against the icing on the cupcake so that you will have a uniform appearance of "points" in your design.

Yes, most of these were for the kids, but there were going to be PTO parents present for the party and the class teacher there too, so I wanted them to look good! :D

We have party this afternoon and I'll be making more poinsettas for it. Can't wait to get back home and be creative!!! LOL

Okay, I literally had 1 hour between party #1 and party #2 today! I was so rushed, I still didn't get to do everything I wanted. I did do a few of the trees & poinsettas, then did plain sprinkles on the rest. Here are some photos from today:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs745.ash1/163741_1742580769533_1389121744_2736874_7658829_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs380.ash2/65890_1742581089541_1389121744_2736875_2391873_n.jpg

A friend took this photo at the party & tagged me on FB:
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs761.ash1/165283_472322002915_594477915_5803337_1178821_n.jpg

Then I had 1 hour between party #2 & party #3, so I cut a regular cake & did a stocking! LOL I started putting the candy, then decided I should wait until I got to the party to finish. Here's the photo at my house:
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1236.snc4/156858_1742681292046_1389121744_2736977_4064629_n.jpg

At the photo taken at the party (the lighting wasn't as good):
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs002.snc6/165275_1742731773308_1389121744_2737070_4118169_n.jpg

Beautiful, Sheila!!!:chef:

You've inspired me Sheila! My sister and I are going to be making Red Velvet cupcakes for Christmas and making them poinsettas :) Thanks for sharing!

Go for a small layer of icing. 1/4" works best. If you get thicker, it starts to spread and tries to slide off the top. ;)Have fun and please post photos!!! ;)

Sheila they are AWESOME!!!

Related to Let's Talk CuPampered Chefakes!!!

1. What is the best type of pan to use for baking cakes?

The best type of pan for baking cakes is a non-stick metal pan. This type of pan ensures that your cake will not stick to the bottom or sides, making it easier to remove from the pan and resulting in a perfectly shaped cake.

2. How do I prevent my cake from sticking to the pan?

To prevent your cake from sticking to the pan, make sure to generously grease the pan with butter or cooking spray before pouring in the batter. You can also line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper for an extra layer of protection.

3. Can I use a glass pan for baking cakes?

Yes, you can use a glass pan for baking cakes. However, keep in mind that glass pans tend to conduct heat differently than metal pans, so you may need to adjust the baking time and temperature accordingly.

4. What is the best way to level a cake?

The best way to level a cake is by using a cake leveler or a long serrated knife. Simply place the leveler or knife on top of the cake and gently saw back and forth until the top is even. You can also use toothpicks inserted into the sides of the cake as a guide for a more precise cut.

5. How do I know when my cake is done baking?

You can check if your cake is done baking by inserting a toothpick or cake tester into the center of the cake. If it comes out clean with no batter or crumbs sticking to it, then the cake is done. You can also gently press down on the top of the cake, and if it springs back, then it is most likely done.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies