• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Let's Party: Hosting a Pampered Chef Show Without a Recipe

In summary, the host has requested that Pampered Chef fans participate in a party without preparing a recipe. The guests are expected to talk about their favorite products.
I have had a strange request for my 8th Kitchen show. My host and guests are Pampered Chef Fans. My host wants to have a party and not prepare a recipe. She said I could just talk about the items. Does any one have any suggestions on how to make it fun? I figure I would start with introductions and have guests talk about their favorite products. (Since they are all familiar with the products already.) Please help.

Is there a reason they don't want to make anything?? I would try to get her to make something. That is one thing Pampered Chef has to offer that other sales don't....we TEACH our guests how to make something. They get useful tips from our shows. If she won't budge, I would set some things out. I would maybe set up stations with some veggies and let them try some of the products. I would set out the chopper, ultimate slice and grate, garlic press, ice cream scoop with some ice next to it, cheese grater, can opener, knives, simple additions (they could come up with different ways and uses to set up), jar opener, etc.

You could do a sip and dip show. There is not as much cooking, but shows off the oil dipping set. You could make a small appetizer to go with.

Really try to talk her into making something. People want to learn how to make something, not just play with tools. If she won't change her mind, try to make it VERY HANDS ON and have the guests using the products as much as possible.

I would look at the thread for express shows under theme shows. It had some really good information in it. If not, maybe do a potato show. If you want more information on that it might be under theme shows, or, if you e-mail me I can send you the information that I have. Basically, you bring 1 or 2 potatos and demo as many products as you can with them. Try to find out what she has against making the recipe so you can work with her. Best of luck!
Molly

ReasonThank you for the ideas, the reason they don't want a recipe prepared is the number of experienced PC Guests. From what I understand there is going to be a good sized number of family and friends who were looking for a PC consultant and they know all about the products already. Sounded good enough for me. Just did not want it to be boring. I am taking a Tiramissu and the baked alaska, they have been big hits for me.

Last edited:
Short & Sweet - SuggestionHi,
I have a suggestion for you that may be fun for the guests. Its a game I play at most of my shows.
First, I would suggest if you can, make a SB recipe before your show so you can talk about the new season's best.
Okay, the game I play, which should be fun for your experienced PC guests. I buy normal brown paper lunch bags from the grocery store and number the bags 1-10. I then put 1 PC product in each bag, and staple it shut.
At my shows, I tell everyone we are going to play a game. I pass out the brown bags and tell everyone to guess what by feeling the bag, what PC product it is..and whoever guesses the most correct will get a prize. (it is also an open book test...so pass out the catalogs). As the bags are numbered, each person, knows which bag they have not gotten yet.
Now, when everyone's finished, I go through the bags. i.e., what do you have for number 1? They tell me, I open the bag..say the PC name..and talk about the product.
Now heres what I do...at the end of number 10..I say...So, everyone got them all right..RIGHT??? So everyone's a winner... and each person gets a coupon/recipe card. I have fun w/ it and so do all my guests, and I get a chance to talk about products not used in my demonstration.
I hope this helps.
Cheers,
Angela :cool:

Really cute idea Angela and so easy. Thanks for sharing. Great alternative for a noncooking show.

You could change it a bit and have the guests write clues about their favorite product on index cards. They might have to include 2 or more uses, best thing about it, etc. Then pass them out and they have to use the catalog to guess what the product on their index card is. Just a thought.

You could also do a fondue show. I love these because it shows off alot of the simple additions. I've had alot of success with this! I hope this helps.

Simple Additions ShowUSe store bought goodies (cookies, etc.) and show them off on all of the Simple Additions pieces.

Here is a flyer I made up and also posted more of this idea under "theme Shows"

Attachments

• Simple Additions Entertaining Show.doc
    675 KB · Views: 1,153
One idea for a non-cooking show might be a type of "What am I?" game. Since everyone is already familiar with our products, you could start describing a particular product. Start with a very general description and slowly get more detailed. An example might be:

1. I am made out of clay and heated to over 2000 degrees.
2. I am great for making frozen foods such as chicken nuggets and tater tots.
3. I come in three different sizes.
4. I am perfect for use in a toaster oven.

Obviously this would be for the small bar pan. You could get creative and add more clues for different items.

As a person figures out the clues, keep score. The sooner they figure it out the more points. Whoever has the most could get a Season's Best or whatever you want as a prize.

Make sure to throw in the new products as well because they may not know about these yet. Let us know how it turns out. :)

Riddle CardsI did something similar to the guessing game mentioned above. I made riddle cards (because this was a couples show with a lively group, most of the riddles could be interpreted with a sexual mindset also). I passed the cards out to the guests, strategically giving a couple of the men cards that I knew would gather a big laugh. During "stir time" or slow moments, I'd have one of them read their card. When someone guessed the correct answer I tossed a candy to them. This introduces the product for you and allows you to talk about it.
There are 3 pages containing 18 different cards. I don't distribute all of them at the show. Be sure to get a feel for the audience so that you can determine the ones that may "questionable".

Note before printing: The first 3 pages are the riddles. Print the first 3 pages only. Then re-insert your pages into the printer and print pages 4-6 on back. (Questions on one side, Answers on the other). Secondly, the page numbers listed are for this season (Spring/Summer 05). Be sure to update the page numbers each season.

If you have any additions we can add, I'd love to see them posted.

Attachments

• Riddle Cards.doc
    39.5 KB · Views: 1,186
Last edited:
That is too funny! I do a lot of couples shows and I know one group that would LOVE to place this game.

Another ideaAnother idea for non cooking shows would be to show how one could use our products outside of the kitchen:

Tool Turn about for craft items
special additions for candles, etc.
heart moles as decorations

I would listen to the host about the recipe though. She knows her guest. In my experience, there is nothing worse than guests who have been to too many shows, so they don't pay attention to your demonstration, distract other guests and you!
Jen

Riddle CardsI just want to say that I love your riddle card idea I am going to use them for my next show. I made bonus cards also.

I printed the cards and glued them to construction paper instead of handing them out I will use them as a game ask the question and whoever answers 1st will get the card. The bonus cards are for extra points. (they say a few diiferent things)

1. How do I host a Pampered Chef show without a recipe?

Hosting a Pampered Chef show without a recipe is easy! Simply gather your friends and family, and let your Pampered Chef consultant guide you through a fun and interactive cooking demonstration. Your consultant will provide all the necessary ingredients and tools, so you can sit back, relax, and enjoy the show.

2. Can I choose the recipes for my Pampered Chef show?

Yes, you can! Your Pampered Chef consultant will work with you to create a customized menu that fits your taste and dietary preferences. You can choose from a variety of recipes, including appetizers, entrees, desserts, and more. Your consultant will also provide helpful tips and tricks for hosting a successful show.

3. How long does a Pampered Chef show without a recipe typically last?

A Pampered Chef show without a recipe typically lasts about 2 hours. This includes time for the cooking demonstration, tasting the delicious dishes, and placing orders for any products that catch your eye. Your consultant will also be available to answer any questions and provide additional information about the products featured in the show.

4. What can I expect at a Pampered Chef show without a recipe?

At a Pampered Chef show without a recipe, you can expect to have a lot of fun! Your consultant will showcase a variety of Pampered Chef products and demonstrate how to use them to create delicious dishes. You and your guests will also have the opportunity to sample the food and ask any questions about the products or recipes.

5. Is there a cost to host a Pampered Chef show without a recipe?

No, there is no cost to host a Pampered Chef show without a recipe. Your consultant will provide all the necessary ingredients and tools for the cooking demonstration. You and your guests can also enjoy complimentary food samples and learn about the latest Pampered Chef products. However, if you and your guests decide to purchase any products, there will be a charge for those items.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
baychef
  • kayleigh
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • raebates
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies