• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Without Pampered Chef: Experiences & Ideas

In summary, the conversation discusses the idea of using non-Pampered Chef recipes at shows and the benefits and challenges of doing so. Some participants prefer sticking to PC recipes while others have had success with their own recipes. The idea of making a homemade quesadilla using various PC products is suggested and received positively by others. It is noted that this recipe can still showcase the products while also showing that they can be used with non-PC recipes. Overall, the conversation emphasizes the importance of using recipes to showcase the products and ultimately sell them.
kayleigh
I was wondering if any of you had a done a recipe at your shows that is not really tied to Pampered Chef? What are your thoughts on doing this? For example you would still use the many products to make the recipe; it just would not be a Pampered Chef recipe?

When I first started, I often did my own recipes. At that time, it seemed that all of the PC recipes used canned bread products, and other processed foods, and so I did my own recipes.

Honestly, it's more difficult to do that though. I now almost always just use PC recipes. They've really improved their recipe selection, and I have no problem finding PC recipes to demo using real food ingredients. With the PC recipes, I know immediately that I'm going to be able to make the demo within the allotted demo time, and I also have a list of products used right in the recipe. This cuts down on the time I need to get ready for a show - AND I can have a recipe card, or printed recipe from the website ready for the guests without having to do any more work other than printing it out.

I do the same as beckyd...it's easier. If you decide to do another recipe, that's fine. Just remember the recipe isn't impt or the star...the products are. Complicated recipes will only make it harder for you and deter future bookings and recruits.

Now that I've been doing this for quite some time now, and all I have are PC products.... every time I cook, I'm already always using the products.... so, with that said, if it's a recipe you feel comfortable with... go for it! But I'd be sure to practice a few times! And or modify your recipe cheat sheet and actually include the tools you are using (like they do) Happy Cooking!

I had someone tell me early on to try and use PC recipes from the cookbooks--that way you go to refer the guests to the cookbook for purchase. That being said, I still do a few of my own recipes from time to time, but mostly use the PC recipes.

I am looking for something different. The host I have is a repeat host (several times). We have done several PC recipes... I was thinking about using the grill pan and press and making homemade quesadilla (however you spell it).... I would use the grill pan and press as this is a special for August (great tool to see in use for those August bookings). I would take block cheese and use the rotary grater to grate, use salad choppers to chop the chicken, show manual food processor to make homemade salsa, and the knives to cut the onions). This would be a fairly inexpensive recipe to make and still shows a variety of products they have not necessarily seen since these are repeat customers and host. What do you think?

kayleigh said:
I am looking for something different. The host I have is a repeat host (several times). We have done several PC recipes... I was thinking about using the grill pan and press and making homemade quesadilla (however you spell it).... I would use the grill pan and press as this is a special for August (great tool to see in use for those August bookings). I would take block cheese and use the rotary grater to grate, use salad choppers to chop the chicken, show manual food processor to make homemade salsa, and the knives to cut the onions). This would be a fairly inexpensive recipe to make and still shows a variety of products they have not necessarily seen since these are repeat customers and host. What do you think?

I think this is a fantastic idea! I'd practice at home first, since you won't really be following a recipe. But it sounds like a good demo to me!

I made it the other night for my family's dinner and that is when I had the idea. It showcases some of the products that they havent seen. And it is something different. It also shows I am using a recipe that is not Pampered Chef and my products works just fine. :)

I think it's a great idea that it's simple and the focus is still on the products. I wouldn't do a major recipe where it detracts from selling them our cookbooks. This recipe you mentioned is simple and a great lead-in to how "you can do all the things you can think of on your own w/ our tools, and then we also have some great cookbooks to help you come up with new ideas."

1. How can I cook without using Pampered Chef products?

While Pampered Chef offers a wide range of kitchen tools and gadgets, they are not essential for cooking. You can still achieve delicious and successful meals using traditional methods and basic kitchen equipment.

2. What are some alternatives to Pampered Chef products?

There are many alternative brands and products that offer similar functionality to Pampered Chef. Some popular options include OXO, KitchenAid, and Cuisinart. You can also find budget-friendly options at most kitchen supply stores.

3. Can I still follow Pampered Chef recipes without their products?

Absolutely! Pampered Chef recipes are designed to be versatile and can be adapted to fit your needs and equipment. Simply use the same techniques and ingredients, but substitute any specialized tools with what you have on hand.

4. What are some tips for cooking without Pampered Chef products?

First, make sure to read the recipe thoroughly and understand the techniques involved. Then, gather all the necessary equipment and ingredients before starting. If a recipe calls for a specific Pampered Chef product, research alternative methods or tools that can achieve the same result.

5. Are there any benefits to cooking without Pampered Chef products?

Yes, there are several benefits to cooking without Pampered Chef products. It allows you to be more resourceful and creative in the kitchen, as well as save money by not needing to purchase specialized tools. It also helps to develop your cooking skills and knowledge of different techniques.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJWarren
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Jennifer Neal