• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Make Lemony Moroccan Chicken Pitas from the New SBRC?

In summary, the Lemony Moroccan Chicken Pitas from the new SBRC were a hit. The total cost for ingredients was just over $10, and the recipe was easy to follow. Using frozen chicken breasts and the DCB in the microwave saved time, but unboxing and using a new grinder and cheese grater added a few extra minutes. The recipe has many steps and may not be as simple as other recipes, but it is perfect for a show. Cutting the pitas into squares and then triangles may not be necessary and can be simplified by just cutting the pitas into four slices. Adding toppings like olives or tomatoes can enhance the presentation of the dish. Overall, the Lemony Moroccan Chicken Pitas were delicious and had a
JAE
I made the Lemony Moroccan Chicken Pitas from the new SBRC. They were very good. The ingredients cost just over $10, and I followed the recipe almost to a tee. I used over $445 worth of product which is great for shows.

It took at least 45 minutes from start to finish. I used frozen chicken breasts and thawed and cooked them in the DCB in the microwave - 8 minutes on high, turned the chicken over and 8 more minutes. I had to unbox my new grinder and the salt to use it for the recipe because I wanted to try it. The recipe doesn't call fo it. That took a few extra minutes because I had to fill it, grind it, measure it (I used 1/2 of what the recipe called for.)

There were a lot of steps so it wasn't as easy as the Satay Chicken Pasta Salad. I probably wouldn't cut the pitas into squares and then triangles. I don't like to waste food and don't think it's necessary, anyway. For a show, I think you could just cut the pita into four slices.

If I would have used the new cheese grater for the mozarella the product total would be even higher. I used the Salad and Berry Spinner for the cilantro, too. The small bamboo spatula worked great for stirring and placing the mixture on the pitas. I didn't use the Chef's knife to save washing extra knives, but I like it better for chopping. I'd use it at shows, and that would add more product value. The recipe calls for the Chef's knife.

I think this is a great recipe for a show. Don't put the pitas into the oven too early, like I did. You could probably put them in the oven right before you start chopping the bell pepper and chicken, step 3. The pitas were a little chewy, and I'm not sure if it's because I baked them for 10 minutes or because I let them sit too long before putting the chicken on top.

I'd suggest baking for 8 minutes and then adding the chicken. Overall, the Lemony Moroccan Chicken Pitas were really good. They look nice when served, and you can add a few extra toppings, like olives or tomatoes, to make them look even better. The cost was low, and the product value was high, so it would be great for a show.

Hi there! Thanks for sharing your experience with the Lemony Moroccan Chicken Pitas from the new SBRC. It sounds like you made some great modifications to the recipe and it turned out well for you. I agree that using the new grinder and cheese grater would add even more value to the product cost, but it's great that you were able to use some of your other PC products as well.I can see how the recipe may have been a bit more time-consuming with all the steps, but it sounds like it was worth it in the end. And thanks for the tip about not putting the pitas in the oven too early - I'll keep that in mind when I make this recipe.I also like your idea about not cutting the pitas into squares and triangles to reduce food waste. That's definitely something to consider when making this for a show.Thanks for sharing your thoughts and tips about this recipe - it's always helpful to hear from someone who has actually made it. Happy cooking!

What ingredients are needed to make Lemony Moroccan Chicken Pitas?

The recipe calls for boneless, skinless chicken breasts, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, paprika, cinnamon, salt, olive oil, Greek yogurt, parsley, red onion, cucumber, feta cheese, and pita bread.

How long does it take to prepare Lemony Moroccan Chicken Pitas?

The prep time for this recipe is about 15 minutes, and the cook time is around 20 minutes. So, in total, it takes approximately 35 minutes to make these delicious pitas.

Can I use a different type of meat instead of chicken?

Yes, you can substitute the chicken with other proteins such as beef, lamb, or even tofu for a vegetarian option. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

What type of pita bread works best for this recipe?

We recommend using soft, round pita bread that can be easily opened and stuffed with the chicken and toppings. However, you can also use flatbread or naan if desired.

Can I make Lemony Moroccan Chicken Pitas ahead of time?

Yes, you can marinate the chicken and prepare the toppings ahead of time. When ready to serve, simply cook the chicken and assemble the pitas. Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for 2-3 days.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kristin B
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • SPAMSTIME