• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal Leg Aches After C-Section and Tubal

In summary, the person is experiencing constant aches and pains that worsen as the day goes on. They want relief without anything for pain. They are considering going to a doctor to be checked for restless leg syndrome.
jrstephens
Has anyone had these? It has been 6 months and they are getting worse. I called my Dr yesterday. Her nurse is going to get with her and see if I need to go back on "the pill" or if they want me to go an internalist to be checked for Restless Leg Syndrome. According to what I see on rls.org I do not have that. I had my final check-up in September and they told me to give it a little while longer to continue healing.

They constantly ache and get worse as the day goes on. It can be any day of the week/month and not just "that time." And it does not matter if I am sitting or standing.

I am having to take ibuprofen way too much and I do not want to continue doing that.

I want relief without anything for pain.

I was hoping they would call me back today but she must have gotten really busy. They are always GREAT at calling back.

I was wondering if anyone else had these same aches.

You need to get in to see someone! My anesthesiologist messed up my epidural during my second delivery and I haven't been the same since. You should get it checked out! You Should Not Be having that Pain Now!

I am not a nurse, just a mom of 4!

I agree with above - GO to the doctor Jennifer.

Jennifer - have you ever been to a chiropractor? Might be your psiatic nerve and your pelvis might need adjusting. It may have shifted during the pregnancy and put pressure on your nerve. I had that with my 2nd (the big kid). :)

Hi Jennifer,
I know what you are going through I had the say thing and it went away after my daughter turned a year but now with my monthly visits I get horrible leg cramps and to the point where they go numb and I have had it checked out and there is a nerve that is super touchy from c-section and when I am on my visit it gets pinched and they figured out that is what is causing it. I feel for you so much but I am glad I wasn't the only one who went through cause I asked some of my friends didn't have that issues and thought I was like the outsider in that aspect.

After my tubal, I lost all feeling in my.. well ya know..... no feeling during... well .....ya know.... I also have had terrible leg cramps since and they can't find anything wrong with me. I have researched it and gotten 2nd and 3rd opinions... NOTHING
They keep telling me it is residual effects from my brain tumor and surgery 6 years ago.
let me know what you find out, go to your Dr.

I didn't have a c-section or a tubal, so I don't know exactly what you're going through. My first thought, though, was that you want to make sure you don't have a blood clot. They can be deadly!

My legs hurt all the time even before my c-sec and tubal. The pain is just hightened because vains are prutruding more. The good news is at least I finally healed 1yr. later last Feb. (had a bad reaction to the anastic, then developed an infection after the tubal)

I have gone to my chiropractor, I go every so often for a shoulder/neck issue. I went to hime on Tuesday. He did a mild adjustmed that he said could help but until I found out from my Dr that it was not any type of complication he did not want to do too much and that he wanted to be on the safe side.

I am waiting for my Dr to call me back. If they do not call this morning, I am going to call them back. It is very unusual for them to not call me back when they say they will.

I have felt better the last two days and have not had to take anything.

I am going to start back taking my calcium with magnesium that I took while I was pregnant for leg cramps to see if that will help any with the leg aches.

Thanks for responding!! I feel bettter knowing I am not alone!

Hmmm...I had a c section but no tubal, and I never had any leg ACHES...as Janet mentioned, my sciatic nerve is ALL messed up (that happened during pregnancy) and my legs don't ACHE, but when my nerve is messed up I have shooting pains that go down them and sometimes I feel like I am "dragging" my leg behind me. I haven't gone for any treatment for it, but I know they can give a pain block for it.

Please let us know what the dr says about it.

The nurse just called and said to take magnesium gelcaps and drink tonic water to see if that would help. And if that did not help, then to go to my primary care doctor to be evaluated for RLS.

jrstephens said:
The nurse just called and said to take magnesium gelcaps and drink tonic water to see if that would help. And if that did not help, then to go to my primary care doctor to be evaluated for RLS.

That always seems to be the Dr's answer these days with these symptons... RLS. Not sure if I quite buy it. let me know what your doc says. :)
I feel for ya, been going through it myself:cry:

merego said:
That always seems to be the Dr's answer these days with these symptons... RLS. Not sure if I quite buy it. let me know what your doc says. :)
I feel for ya, been going through it myself:cry:

According to Restless Legs Syndrome Foundation I do not have that. My legs are not restless.

I will try this for a little while and if it does not get better, I will be going to the Dr.

1. Why do I experience leg aches after a C-section and tubal?

During a C-section and tubal ligation, the abdominal muscles and ligaments are stretched and manipulated, which can cause strain on the legs and lower body. Additionally, the body may be in an awkward position during the surgery, leading to muscle fatigue and aches.

2. How long will the leg aches last after a C-section and tubal?

The duration of leg aches after a C-section and tubal can vary from person to person. Some may experience them for a few days, while others may have discomfort for several weeks. It's important to rest and take care of your body to help alleviate the aches.

3. Is there anything I can do to prevent leg aches after a C-section and tubal?

Unfortunately, leg aches are a common side effect of a C-section and tubal ligation and cannot be completely prevented. However, staying active and maintaining good posture during pregnancy can help strengthen the muscles and minimize strain during the surgery.

4. Can I take pain medication for leg aches after a C-section and tubal?

It is essential to follow your doctor's instructions for pain management after a C-section and tubal. Over-the-counter pain relievers such as ibuprofen may be recommended to alleviate leg aches. However, always consult with your doctor before taking any medication.

5. Are there any at-home remedies for leg aches after a C-section and tubal?

There are several at-home remedies that can help alleviate leg aches after a C-section and tubal. These include hot or cold compresses, gentle stretches, and massages. It's also crucial to stay hydrated and well-rested to aid in the healing process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
milkangel
Replies
Views
buckeyefan08
Replies
Views
chesse
Replies
Views