• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need to Get Excited After 3 Months With a Broken Leg!

In summary, Char is struggling with a broken leg and a family going away. She needs someone to help her clean and is grateful for the flexibility her office hours offer.
chesse
Gold Member
Hi there you Cheffers,
It has been 3 months since I've been active. (Sounds like the beginning of a Catholic confession!) I feel off ONE step leaving my last show at a friend's house. Luckily, she knew my phone number by heart and was able to call my hubby to come get me. I knew I was in pain but never expected to have broken anything - come on - it was one #)(&#@_ step!:cry:

Well, I think I messed up staying "active". I submitted (well actually my one downline person submitted for me) my April show and I submitted a catalog show in June. But I'm showing as Consultant and my commission rate is back to 20%. I had reached 90K is sales to boot! I loved those career club lunches at NC - which I am missing right now!!!

So, please get me psyched again! My office is in my basement which was the dumping ground for the entire household while I was not capable of getting down here. I'm still on crutches with only 50% weight bearing on the bad leg so I can't carry anything around to really clean up the mess. I have successfully cleaned of the horizontal surfaces in my immediate office area.

I'm so bummed to be starting from scratch again.

Char:chef:

It's rough with a broken leg --I fell and broke mine in 2 places, requiring surgery to repair. I got active by doing some catalog shows and getting shows through doing a couple of fairs. In your case, maybe something like a Cooking Club would work -- where they would come to you. I also hit up the health care professionals I was seeing and called all my past hosts. They were so willing to help out. When I was able to walk without a cane or walker, I still had to take many breaks to rest...I explained it to my hiosts ahead of time and they were good at helping me. Good luck!

Did your downline submit the show in her name? I can't understand why you would lose your career sales if you submitted in April and June.

I finally looked at Customer Connection! Was used to looking at the IPT! I am still listed as a team leader, I just get paid as different level! Whew. That customer connection thing looks complicated. I really have to get back into the swing of things.

Look at it this way, it could have been worse, it could have been both legs. Ok, but seriously, is there someone you could "swap" something for and have them help you. If you could hobble down the stairs (a one time only deal at this point) and you could supervise the cleaning. Would that be possible? Anyone from your cluster or family/friends group? How about bribing a family member??

I am grateful that I didn't do what the christian ed. director at our church did a few years ago - tripped over the nursery gate and broke both wrists! Her husband had to do EVERYTHING for her. (Luckily she was post-menepausal!)spelling rots.Today I am working with my little 4 year old neighbor to do some cleaning. Their family is going away so all their laundry and food is everywhere and Mom needs to pack the car. Right now we have their BULL MASTIFF in our backyard. She envisioned him pulling a "Turner and Hooch" moment by wearing her tee shirts, eating all the food and drinking the beer. She figured she'd find him full and drunk when they came home from swim lessons! His is 150 pounds of dumb and is being terrorized by our 34 pound muttlet, Phoebe. He's whimpering at the door to be rescued. What a hoot! But I need to be thinking PC thoughts! At least my sign is still up that says "Office hours are flexible NOT optional.

1. How can I stay positive and motivated during my recovery from a broken leg?

It can be challenging to stay excited and motivated after experiencing a broken leg. One way to stay positive is to focus on the progress you have made so far and set small goals for yourself. You can also try finding new hobbies or activities that you can do while recovering, such as reading, painting, or learning a new skill. Surrounding yourself with supportive friends and family can also help boost your mood and keep you motivated.

2. Will my recovery from a broken leg be faster if I maintain a healthy diet?

Yes, maintaining a healthy diet can aid in your recovery from a broken leg. Foods rich in vitamins and minerals, such as fruits and vegetables, can help promote healing. Additionally, a balanced diet can also help maintain your energy levels and prevent weight gain, which can be common during periods of physical inactivity.

3. Can staying active during my recovery actually help my broken leg heal faster?

In some cases, staying active during recovery can help promote healing in a broken leg. Low-impact exercises, such as swimming or cycling, can help maintain muscle strength and improve circulation, which can aid in the healing process. However, it is important to consult with your doctor or physical therapist before starting any exercise routine while recovering from a broken leg.

4. How can I manage the pain and discomfort from my broken leg?

Pain and discomfort are common during the recovery process from a broken leg. Your doctor may prescribe pain medication to help manage the pain. You can also try using ice packs and elevating your leg to reduce swelling and discomfort. It is essential to follow your doctor's instructions and avoid putting weight on your leg until it has fully healed to prevent further pain and damage.

5. What should I do if I experience any complications or setbacks during my recovery from a broken leg?

If you experience any complications or setbacks during your recovery, it is crucial to contact your doctor immediately. They can assess your condition and provide appropriate treatment. It is also essential to follow your doctor's instructions and attend all scheduled follow-up appointments to ensure your leg heals correctly and to prevent any further complications.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefbilyeu
  • KateInTheKitchen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
KateInTheKitchen
  • genburk
  • General Chat
Replies