1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Need to get excited after 3 months with a broken leg!

1. chesse

chesse Member Gold Member

Hi there you Cheffers,
    It has been 3 months since I've been active. (Sounds like the beginning of a Catholic confession!) I feel off ONE step leaving my last show at a friend's house. Luckily, she knew my phone number by heart and was able to call my hubby to come get me. I knew I was in pain but never expected to have broken anything - come on - it was one #)(&#@_ step!:cry:

Well, I think I messed up staying "active". I submitted (well actually my one downline person submitted for me) my April show and I submitted a catalog show in June. But I'm showing as Consultant and my commission rate is back to 20%. I had reached 90K is sales to boot! I loved those career club lunches at NC - which I am missing right now!!!

So, please get me psyched again! My office is in my basement which was the dumping ground for the entire household while I was not capable of getting down here. I'm still on crutches with only 50% weight bearing on the bad leg so I can't carry anything around to really clean up the mess. I have successfully cleaned of the horizontal surfaces in my immediate office area.

I'm so bummed to be starting from scratch again.

Char:chef:

Jul 9, 2009
  2. Trish in Texas

Trish in Texas Member Gold Member

It's rough with a broken leg --I fell and broke mine in 2 places, requiring surgery to repair. I got active by doing some catalog shows and getting shows through doing a couple of fairs. In your case, maybe something like a Cooking Club would work -- where they would come to you. I also hit up the health care professionals I was seeing and called all my past hosts. They were so willing to help out. When I was able to walk without a cane or walker, I still had to take many breaks to rest...I explained it to my hiosts ahead of time and they were good at helping me. Good luck!

3. pcsharon1

pcsharon1 Veteran Member Gold Member

Did your downline submit the show in her name? I can't understand why you would lose your career sales if you submitted in April and June.

Jul 9, 2009
  4. chesse

I finally looked at Customer Connection! Was used to looking at the IPT! I am still listed as a team leader, I just get paid as different level! Whew. That customer connection thing looks complicated. I really have to get back into the swing of things.

Jul 9, 2009
  5. PamperChefCarol

PamperChefCarol Veteran Member

Look at it this way, it could have been worse, it could have been both legs. Ok, but seriously, is there someone you could "swap" something for and have them help you. If you could hobble down the stairs (a one time only deal at this point) and you could supervise the cleaning. Would that be possible? Anyone from your cluster or family/friends group? How about bribing a family member??

6. chesse

I am grateful that I didn't do what the christian ed. director at our church did a few years ago - tripped over the nursery gate and broke both wrists! Her husband had to do EVERYTHING for her. (Luckily she was post-menepausal!)spelling rots.

Today I am working with my little 4 year old neighbor to do some cleaning. Their family is going away so all their laundry and food is everywhere and Mom needs to pack the car. Right now we have their BULL MASTIFF in our backyard. She envisioned him pulling a "Turner and Hooch" moment by wearing her tee shirts, eating all the food and drinking the beer. She figured she'd find him full and drunk when they came home from swim lessons! His is 150 pounds of dumb and is being terrorized by our 34 pound muttlet, Phoebe. He's whimpering at the door to be rescued. What a hoot! But I need to be thinking PC thoughts! At least my sign is still up that says "Office hours are flexible NOT optional.

Jul 10, 2009
Have something to add?