• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Latex-Free Cooking: Helping Your Latex-Sensitive Baby

then the next day she had a severe rash all over her body and it took over a week to clear up. Some people are just more sensitive to latex than others, so it is always a good idea to test a product on a small area first.Some people are just more sensitive to latex than others, so it is always a good idea to test a product on a small area first.
mamadugan
Gold Member
o.k. i have a host who wants to book a show for her neice. BUT the neice has a baby that is latex sensitive, Where can I find out if our products are latex sensitive or not? She said that she wants her kitchen latex FREE so she can cook good meals without the baby breaking out.....
any help??

You should call HO but I think our products don't contain latex. But again contact HO!!

Janetupnorth has an allergy to latex - and she uses all of our products!

I just can't help wonder why any of our products would have latex in them. And if so, which would be a candidate?

I am very allergic to latex and I can use pc products all the time the only thing i didn't use was the latex pink gloves but beside that I never have a reaction to our products.

Yes, pink latex gloves were the only product with an issue.All the rest are just fine.On a side note, don't tell her this because you don't want to tell a relative they may be wrong, but babies usually don't have latex allergies, they are actually sensitive to adhesives. My daughter has that issue. I thought she was reacting to bandages, but it was the adhesive on them. She also couldn't wear most brands of diapers as an infant. I've had 3 pediatricians tell me that a kid allergic to latex is VERY, VERY rare.That being said, all products should be good except those gloves!

Don't forget about the prep gloves (clear) They may contain latex. Just use something else...if you use those at all.

gingertannery said:
Don't forget about the prep gloves (clear) They may contain latex. Just use something else...if you use those at all.

Ah, yes Ginger! Those do contain latex...didn't even think about those because I avoid them so much!

You can get polyurethane gloves at Walmart in the band-aid aisle if you feel you need to use something.

I had a host who loves PC and her daughter is allergic to a lot of things including latex due to spinabifida (sp?). It was severe enough that I didn't even show the HWC gloves at my show, I put them in my trunk before we even started. The host uses a lot of PC products and hasn't mentioned any specific ones that she cannot use. You can always email the test kitchens and ask.

janetupnorth said:
Ah, yes Ginger! Those do contain latex...didn't even think about those because I avoid them so much!

You can get polyurethane gloves at Walmart in the band-aid aisle if you feel you need to use something.

;) I am also allergic to latex

gingertannery said:
;) I am also allergic to latex

Yeah, it's so fun...you can take one guess how I figured my allergy out... :yuck::rolleyes:

janetupnorth said:
Yeah, it's so fun...you can take one guess how I figured my allergy out... :yuck::rolleyes:

Oh my goodness:eek:

Thanks! That is what I was thinking. That is exactly what this little guy has is spinabifida.....I thought that none of the products was lateex sensitive. I really don't use the gloves, so I don't think that will be an issue. Thanks again!!

rennea said:
Oh my goodness:eek:

Yeah, probably what you're thinking...let's just say kid #2 came about 5 months earlier than planned because polyurethane just doesn't work as well. ;)

I'm not as bad as my SIL though, she can't handle balloons in the room. I can still take Benadryl and handle a few in the room as long as there is ventilation. Put me in a closed room with them and yeah, you'd probably be calling an ambulance.

Not fun, and in can get pretty serious as you have more exposure.

mamadugan said:
Thanks! That is what I was thinking. That is exactly what this little guy has is spinabifida.....I thought that none of the products was lateex sensitive. I really don't use the gloves, so I don't think that will be an issue. Thanks again!!

That would definitely bring about a whole new series of medical issues!

Good luck and give her lots of tips to make her life a little less stressful in the kitchen!!!!

My co-worker discovered her allergy while blowing up balloons for a party at her home ... she didn't show ....

1. What is latex sensitivity and how does it affect cooking for my baby?

Latex sensitivity, also known as latex allergy, is a reaction to the protein found in natural rubber latex. This can manifest as an allergic reaction when exposed to certain latex-containing products, including gloves, pacifiers, and bottle nipples. For babies with latex sensitivity, it is important to avoid cross-contamination with latex-containing items during meal preparation.

2. What types of cooking tools and utensils should I avoid if my baby has a latex sensitivity?

When cooking for a latex-sensitive baby, it is important to avoid using latex gloves, rubber spatulas, and other kitchen tools made with natural rubber latex. Instead, opt for non-latex alternatives such as silicone or vinyl. It is also important to check the labels of any pre-packaged foods for potential latex ingredients.

3. Are there any specific recipes or ingredients that are safe for my latex-sensitive baby?

There are many recipes and ingredients that are safe for babies with latex sensitivity. Some examples include fresh fruits and vegetables, lean meats, and gluten-free grains. It is important to check the ingredient labels of any packaged foods to ensure they do not contain any latex ingredients.

4. Can I use latex-free kitchenware for my baby's meals, but still use latex products for my own food?

While it is possible to use latex-free kitchenware for your baby's meals and continue using latex products for your own food, it is important to be cautious of cross-contamination. Latex particles can easily transfer from one surface to another, so it is recommended to keep separate cooking utensils and preparation areas for your baby's food.

5. Is there a risk of my baby developing a latex sensitivity from exposure to latex during meal preparation?

While it is possible for someone to develop a latex sensitivity after repeated exposure, the risk is low for babies. However, it is still important to take precautions and avoid cross-contamination with latex-containing products during meal preparation to reduce the risk of an allergic reaction.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
StewartKerr
  • JanisF
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • wadesgirl