• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What kitchen gadgets can make cooking easier for the elderly?

In summary, the author recommends the chopper, citrus peelers, jar opener, strainer, prep bowls, scoop clip, arthritis guide, mix n scraper, egg slicer, mandoline, crinkle cutter, and apple peeler/corer/slicer.
pamperedape
Hi all. I have a friend who wants to get her mother in law lots of things to make cooking easier. She's asked for a list of PC things that will help her elderly mother in law. So far I can think of the chopper and citrus peelers. Duh...
Can anyone think of other items that might help?

The Furry Guy's grandma loved the Easy Opener (#2590 $4.00). She mentioned it every time we saw her.Can strainer
Micro-Cooker
Scoop Clip (if she's a coffee drinker)
Prep Bowls

My Mom-mom loves all of our mix n scrapers. I took back her food chopper though b/c it took too much power for her to use it.

Look up "arthritis" in the file section, it pulls up a lot of great products that are easier to use.

Knowing many of you posting are the age of my own adult children, I wonder what you
mean by elderly? I'm old enough to have been drawing social security ten years now.
I love everything in the book, and since I have been a consultant, have pretty much
acquired just about everything. Age does not limit our ability to use and enjoy all of our Pampered Chef products. A friend from Church who is at least ten years my senior just bought our Silicone cupcake piece. She loved the shapes and the fact that it is so light weight. I use mine frequently to make goodies to share at meetings and just to have a treat to take to shut-ins. I love my food chopper too, and fortunately do not have to worry about the wrist action. Our Executive cookware and Rice Cooker are other favorites that anyone would appreciate.

I agree the chopper may be hard for an elderly woman.
The jar opener for sure and the small bar pan if she has a toaster oven. My grnadma loves hers and it will fit in themicrowave if she has one ( my other grandma does not, refuses to have one) all purpose spreader, small microcooker ( if she has a microwave)

Grandmarita said:
Knowing many of you posting are the age of my own adult children, I wonder what you
mean by elderly? I'm old enough to have been drawing social security ten years now.
I love everything in the book, and since I have been a consultant, have pretty much
acquired just about everything. Age does not limit our ability to use and enjoy all of our Pampered Chef products. A friend from Church who is at least ten years my senior just bought our Silicone cupcake piece. She loved the shapes and the fact that it is so light weight. I use mine frequently to make goodies to share at meetings and just to have a treat to take to shut-ins. I love my food chopper too, and fortunately do not have to worry about the wrist action. Our Executive cookware and Rice Cooker are other favorites that anyone would appreciate.

Hopefully they mean someone in their late 70s or above! LOL! My HD in one of my first Cluster meetings with her was telling us how to never "disqualify" someone in our mind to be a Host or Consultant if they are "older". She said that she met this lady who "must have been in her 50s at least and she just knew she was too old to be interested in PC either as a Host or Consultant". Two of us just looked at her! I said, "Uhhh...I'm 55 Girl!" The other lady piped up, "You recruited me...didn't you realize I was 52!" It was too hilarious! Now my HD says that no one is TOO OLD to be a Host or Consultant!

I am doing a Vendor Showcase at one of the local Assisted Living places on Thursday. I am going to take whatever of the tools I have on hand but will also take a list of the "$10 and under" products for gift ideas for them as well. The organizer is hoping to bring in some outside people to shop as well. There is no charge for the booth either.

I just had someone with RA tell me that the kitchen shears are excellent for people with hand troubles. I've also had rave reviews for the can opener with hand trouble people as well. I only mention that because my grandma has arthritis and loves her can opener as well. She also LOVES our pantry items, especially the Italian Seasoning Mix. I've also been told our grinders are easier to use than most. The egg slicer, mandoline, crinkle cutter and apple peeler/corer/slicer would make slicing easier as well.

My mother-in-law, who is 79, loves our mix n scrapers as well as the microplane grater. I also have a customer who's husband has Parkinsons and he found the Ultimate Mandoline a great help for his cooking. He now does not have to worry about slicing anything and possibly cutting his fingers if he slips.

Well, my oldest host so far has been 89. She is now 91, and still a great customer! (I hope I can have 1/2 her energy when I'm her age!)

She loves the can opener, the microcookers, the bamboo spoons, the sprinkles, the oven mitts, the scrapers, and the cookware. She also loves the older black nylon cooking utensils - doesn't like the new ones that match the cookware.
Oh - and she likes the colander and bowl set, and the Easy Read Measuring Cup set.

The Kitchen Shears. My MIL is in her 70s and does have some issues with wrist strength. She lost them and is asking me to get another pair for her.I would say the Easy Opener for sure. LOVE that! Prep Bowls, scrapers, mini serv spatulas. I think it does depend on what she needs and what her limitations may be if any.

Quik stir pitcher for those who make frozen orange juice.

My 80 yr old gram LOVES the easy opener!! She used to line up all of her bottles and jars on the counter and wait for someone to come over to open them. She LOVES this item!!!
The jar opener and can opener are HUGE hits amongst my elderly customers.
There are so many products that PC has that can help out the elderly!! Food Choppers and Mix N' Chop, vege peelers, cookware (a bit heavy, but easy to clean), scrapers, slotted turners, I could go on and on!!

Related to What kitchen gadgets can make cooking easier for the elderly?

1. What types of products do you offer for the elderly?

At Pampered Chef, we offer a wide variety of products specifically designed for the elderly. This includes easy grip kitchen tools, lightweight cookware, and adaptive kitchen gadgets to make cooking and meal preparation easier for those with limited mobility or strength.

2. Are your products safe for the elderly to use?

Yes, our products for the elderly are designed with safety in mind. We use high-quality, durable materials and ensure that all products are easy to use and handle. We also offer products with non-slip grips and ergonomic designs to prevent accidents and injuries in the kitchen.

3. Can these products be used by people with disabilities?

Absolutely! Our products for the elderly are also suitable for individuals with disabilities. We understand that everyone has different needs and abilities, which is why we offer a range of adaptive kitchen tools to make cooking accessible for all.

4. Do you offer any products for individuals with limited hand dexterity?

Yes, we have a variety of products that are specifically designed for individuals with limited hand dexterity. These include easy grip utensils, jar openers, and other tools that require minimal strength to use.

5. Are these products easy to clean and maintain?

Yes, our products for the elderly are designed to be easy to clean and maintain. Many of our products are dishwasher safe and made with materials that are resistant to stains and odors. We also provide instructions for proper care and maintenance of our products to ensure their longevity.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sweetkj
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Teresa LM
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Teresa LM
  • Rookiechef