• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Last Night's Show: HIT with Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake (Forget the Mayo!)

In summary, the salad was a hit and the cake was delicious. I forgot the mayo and the dressing was still amazing.
mrssyvo
I did it for a show last night, it was a HIT!!! and did turtle fudge skillet cake. Fopr the sald, I forgot the mayo (it was in the fridge) and the dressing was amazing still.

OH I love that salad...I don't think you can go wrong with it. YUMMY!

mrssyvo said:
I did it for a show last night, it was a HIT!!! and did turtle fudge skillet cake. Fopr the sald, I forgot the mayo (it was in the fridge) and the dressing was amazing still.

Love it..use it all the time!!

This is a stupid question, but did you use spinach? Is it safe to use again?

I forgot the stone ground mustard and used Gulden's spicy mustard and it was still yummy

mrssyvo said:

I have to try the Turtle Fudge Cake...:cool:

We're going to make this at an upxcoming "Jimmy Buffett in Margaritavilla" party. I was thinking of adding the Mini Pannini sandwiches, too, but can't remember where I saw the recipe. Anyone know about this?

Trish
Wave 2 in 2007

I have yet to make this recipe. Any tips you know now, but wish you knew then?

DZmom said:
I have yet to make this recipe. Any tips you know now, but wish you knew then?

If you're talking about the salad, 1 tip is since the spinach scare, I have used cut up Romaine ( to add bulk in case of large party;) ) I also just used plain Guildens mustard & it was fine. I cut down the amount of apples (seemed like it was too many, but added orange) Had the nuts on the side( that I didnt toast;) ) ( so many people nowadays are allergic) & did not bother with the croutons:rolleyes: . It came out WONDERFUL:cool:

Last edited:
I've used this recipe at several shows and it's been a hit. I don't use the oranges, but use a can of mandarin oranges instead. That way I can demo the Can Strainer. I've sold several. I also have not used the whole amount of the dressing--it seems to make it very wet. No croutons either.

I made it for my open house on Saturday. Everyone LOVED it. I used spinach (a 10-oz bag instead of 6) and instead of pecans I used sliced almonds (I didn't toast them.). I also used mandarin oranges. I dumped the oranges in there before making the dressing out of mayo, regular mustard, garlic and pepper. No one knew the difference.

I have a large show on Friday night, and, based on all of your success with it, I think I'm going to make this.

Anybody know if you can use the mandarin orange juice instead of juicing fresh oranges? I've made this twice and I don't have the juicer & it takes forever to juice them by hand!

tracymagu said:
Anybody know if you can use the mandarin orange juice instead of juicing fresh oranges? I've made this twice and I don't have the juicer & it takes forever to juice them by hand!

No...the juice from the can of oranges is not even close....

Bummer! I guess the juicer is next on my list.

you can also cut the orange in smaller pieces and put them in the Citrus Press. That's what I do.

Could you just use regular orange juice that you drink?

KimmyDarling said:
I have a large show on Friday night, and, based on all of your success with it, I think I'm going to make this.

Before the Spinach scare I made this and was always a hit, I used all fresh ingreds and boy was I ever glad. I've also made it with mandarin oranges, but it tasted so much better with the fresh ingreds!!!! I was squirted and all but was worth it in the end. I'm not a mustard fan either, but it gave it the kick along with the sauce!!! UMMm....

I"ve heard about a month or so ago, the Spinach is fine now, but I haven't made it just for the fact most are staying away for awhile. (maybe I should make it as I'm always hoping to take some home and NEVER have ever had any leftovers :(

pamperedgirl3 said:
Could you just use regular orange juice that you drink?

you could use that, but I would use the reduces calorie kind or else you are defeating the purpose..;)

this is the new celebrations salad correct?

This has been a huge hitat all of my shows this fall. I've made it for at least 75% of my shows this fall. Couple this with the garlic pull apart bread, and it's a huge hit!

What is the recipe for the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake?

The recipe for the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake is as follows:

• 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) devil's food cake mix
  • 1-1/4 cups water
  • 1/3 cup canola oil
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
  • 1/2 cup hot fudge ice cream topping
  • 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
  • 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
  • 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Can I use a different type of cake mix for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any flavor of cake mix for this recipe. However, the devil's food cake mix pairs well with the chocolate and caramel flavors in the skillet cake.

Do I have to use a cast iron skillet for this recipe?

No, you can use any oven-safe skillet for this recipe. However, a cast iron skillet is recommended for its durability and even heat distribution.

Can I make this recipe without the mayo?

Yes, this recipe does not require mayo. The recipe calls for canola oil instead, which helps to keep the cake moist.

Can I make this recipe in advance?

Yes, this recipe can be made in advance. After the cake has cooled, cover it and store it in the fridge for up to 2 days. When ready to serve, warm the cake in the skillet or in the microwave for about 30 seconds before adding the toppings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KateInTheKitchen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefloretta
  • SusanBP0129
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
Replies