• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Last Minute Tips for Hosting a Successful Bridal Shower: Games, Menu, and More!

In summary, Brooke is doing her first shower this evening and is demoing her dessert, the strawberry cheesecake torte, and the baked Alaska. There will also be 3 salads, 3 appetizers, and a guest book for people to sign. The games will start after the dessert and demo is complete. Brooke is also bringing a mini catalog and a book to look game.
bbauman07
Gold Member
I would love any last minute tips you may have.

I'm doing my first shower this eve. We are expecting 35 guests, plus the bride and host!!!!!!

We are playing 2 games the 1950's and today's version, and a word scramble.

The menu:
I'm demoing the strawberry cheesecake torte, and the baked Alaska.

We will also have 3 pc salads, and 3 pc appetizers.

Just make sure you have the bride's wish list, and those products if possible. The recipes sound great! I usually do the games first, then do the demo, then eat & order. Remind guests that they can order for themselves if they'd like also!
Just relax & have fun! Bridal shows are awesome--I'm sure you'll do great! Do you have the apron for guests to sign? Let us know how it goes!

Thanks for the input. I will post my results tonight, I'm hoping to be on a $1,000 show cloud!! :D My aunt (the host) is hoping to be on a $2,000 cloud!! :D

No I don't have a apron :( I just couldn't afford it when I needed to order one

I was thinking about goning and looking at aprons today to see if I can pull something off from the store, other wise I was going to use the Season's best for all the guests to sign.

i did take a few catalogs and cut out the brides wish list and put the items on card stock. It looks better then it sounds.

Brooke, I'd see if there was a denim one at the store. Arts/crafts section maybe? A few sharpie markers and you're good to go. Are you doing any booking/recruiting games? (book to look, etc) Show off that awesome stoneware special flyer (the 7 pc one) to try to rope them in for September. Oh, and take along the list of discontinued items b'c tonight is the last night they can order them! (well, not really, but that will push them to buy) Good luck tonight and let us know how it goes!

I'm planning on leaving a little early and stopping by walmart and micheal for an apron. I have 3 post it notes in my catty's that say you are a winner. (free cooking show)

I do have the discontinued flyer plus a new mini catalog.

I don't plan on bringing my book to look game with me. I was thinking of offering an extra $10-$15 in free product for every show book tonight and held before Dec 10th?

any reason why you're not bringing your book to look? have all the guests already been to shows that you've done that at?

I'm already bringing sooo much stuff. My book to looks are in little gift bags. I was also thinking about offering one on the new products for booking a show.

What are some fun and easy games to play at a bridal shower?

Some popular games for bridal showers include "Bridal Bingo," where guests fill out a bingo card with items they think the bride will receive as gifts, and "The Newlywed Game," where the bride and groom must answer questions about each other to see how well they know each other. Other fun games include "Guess the Dress" where guests must create a wedding dress out of toilet paper, and "Purse Raid" where guests race to find items in their purses that match a list provided by the host.

What are some last-minute menu ideas for a bridal shower?

If you're short on time, opt for easy finger foods like mini quiches, fruit skewers, and cheese platters. You can also make your own charcuterie board with a variety of meats, cheeses, and crackers. For something sweet, consider serving mini cupcakes or bite-sized desserts. Another option is to order catering from a local deli or restaurant to save time and stress.

How can I make sure the bride feels special at her shower?

One way to make the bride feel special is to have a designated "bride" chair for her to sit in during the shower. You can also decorate the space with photos of the bride and groom, or display their engagement photos. Another idea is to have a special bridal "throne" where the bride can sit and open her gifts. And don't forget to have a special toast to the bride during the shower!

Is it necessary to have a theme for a bridal shower?

Having a theme for a bridal shower is not necessary, but it can make the planning process easier and more cohesive. Some popular themes for bridal showers include tea party, garden party, and wine tasting. You can also base the theme off of the bride's interests or hobbies. Having a theme can also make it easier to plan decorations, menu, and games.

What are some thoughtful and affordable gift ideas for a bridal shower?

Some thoughtful and affordable gift ideas for a bridal shower include personalized items such as monogrammed towels or a custom recipe book. You can also give a "date night" gift basket with items like movie tickets, a gift card to a restaurant, and a bottle of wine. Other ideas include a personalized cutting board, a gift certificate for a spa day, or a subscription box for newlyweds.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BeckyC5830
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • leshelman
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • MHouting