• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are some easy and delicious recipe ideas for a large bridal shower?

In summary, Katie is thinking about doing a different show for the bridal shower, and she has some ideas for desserts and a main dish.
cookn' katie
I have a really large bridal shower the end of September. The bride's mother in law is doing a small catalog show before the shower, so she can get the cookware for her future daughter in law. Then we are doing the shower as a different show, so the bride can get more. But, it is a really small town and they are expecting 40-50 people to come. Any ideas? I thought about doing the Strawberry Ameretto Pastries and making 24 instead of 12 per recipe and then doubling it. Having alot done before the shower. Any other easy, fast and good ideas? Katie

I'm not sure if you're only looking for desserts, but for a main dish I did a version of the Party Bowl Pasta Bake for a large shower last month. It went over really well. I prepared it in the Roasting Pan - sold 2 of them!

Here's the recipe I followed (I quadrupled it for 35 people; she also served a green salad and garlic bread and we had plenty):

PASTA BAKE

12 oz. Rotini pasta, uncooked
1 lb ground chuck
1 small onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, pressed
1 small zucchini, diced
1 jar (48 oz.) spaghetti sauce
1 tsp dried basil leaves
2 oz. (1/2 cup) fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
2 cups (8 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 350. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, brown beef with garlic and onion in Family Skillet; drain. Stir in noodles, zucchini, spaghetti sauce, basil, 1/4 c parmesan cheese, and 1 c mozzarella cheese. Blend well. Bake, covered, in skillet for 45 minutes. Remove cover, sprinkle remaining cheeses on top, and bake for an additional 15 minutes. Serve immediately.

Serves 6

cookn' katie said:
I have a really large bridal shower the end of September. The bride's mother in law is doing a small catalog show before the shower, so she can get the cookware for her future daughter in law. Then we are doing the shower as a different show, so the bride can get more. But, it is a really small town and they are expecting 40-50 people to come. Any ideas? I thought about doing the Strawberry Ameretto Pastries and making 24 instead of 12 per recipe and then doubling it. Having alot done before the shower. Any other easy, fast and good ideas? Katie

Remember to book the shower off of the MIL's show so that they can take advantage of 2 host specials.

I think your idea for the pastries is good. I would think other people will be bringing food also - if not you should talk to them about that.

1. What are some easy appetizers to serve at a large shower?

Some easy appetizer ideas for a large shower could include a charcuterie board with a variety of meats, cheeses, and fruits, mini quiches or tarts, vegetable platters with dip, or bruschetta with different toppings. These options can be prepared ahead of time and are easy to serve to a large group.

2. How can I incorporate a theme into my shower menu?

To incorporate a theme into your shower menu, you could choose dishes or recipes that align with the theme. For example, if you're having a garden-themed shower, you could serve a variety of fresh salads, grilled vegetables, and fruit skewers. You could also get creative with the presentation of the food, such as using flower-shaped cookie cutters or serving cocktails in mason jars.

3. What are some vegetarian options for a large shower?

For vegetarian options, you could serve dishes such as vegetable lasagna, stuffed mushrooms, roasted vegetable skewers, or a variety of salads. You could also offer a make-your-own salad bar or a build-your-own pasta station to cater to different dietary preferences.

4. Can I make any of the recipes ahead of time?

Yes, there are many recipes that can be made ahead of time for a large shower. Dishes such as casseroles, dips, and desserts can be prepared the day before and refrigerated until serving. You could also consider hiring a caterer or enlisting the help of friends and family to make the food preparation process easier.

5. How can I accommodate guests with food allergies?

To accommodate guests with food allergies, it's important to have a variety of options available. You could have a separate section of the menu for gluten-free, dairy-free, and nut-free options. It's also helpful to label dishes with any potential allergens so guests can make informed choices. If possible, consider having a few dishes that are free of the most common allergens (such as nuts, dairy, and gluten) to ensure that all guests can enjoy the food.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
cynde
  • ChefColbyJ
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
BeckyC5830
  • kayleigh
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies