• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Last Minute Show Cancellation - What Went Wrong? | Expert Host's Dilemma

In summary, my host for today's show just let me know yesterday that she hadn't gotten any responses from guests yet. She said she may want to choose another weekend if no one can make it. I said that would be okay, but she needed to let me know by yesterday evening. I never heard from her, so I assumed the show was still one - I even tried calling before I left, but had to leave a voicemail. Still no call back my the time I got to her house. Get this - I walk in her house and she said "oh, didn't you get my e-mail?". Um, obviously not!!! My host for today's show just called me and said that she
ahammons
My host for today's show just let me know yesterday that she hadn't gotten any responses from guests yet. She said she may want to choose another weekend if no one can make it. I said that would be okay, but she needed to let me know by yesterday evening. I never heard from her, so I assumed the show was still one - I even tried calling before I left, but had to leave a voicemail. Still no call back my the time I got to her house. Get this - I walk in her house and she said "oh, didn't you get my e-mail?". Um, obviously not!!! :grumpy:

Oh Ashlee, I'm so sorry! I knew you were hesitant about the show....what a complete bummer for her to not let you know -especially since she said she would call you if she was canceling.:grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy:

AAAAHHH!!!
That is FRUSTRATING!

I'm so sorry!
Is she gonna reschedule...or a better question ...do you want to reschedule??!!

She says she's going to, so we'll see! :rolleyes:

She actually did the same thing to my friend who sales Lia Sophia - she did finally have her party, but took forever to close. The thing that gets me is that she's a Mary Kay consultant, so I assumed that she'd at least have the courtesy to call me!

I'm trying to look at the bright side... My dad was really excited about watching the kids (I hardly ever leave them with anyone), so I let them stay there for a few hours. I got some things done around the house and even went shopping! :)

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - MK consultants are the worst hosts!

I wish I would have known that before! lol

I just had a $975 show with a MK consultant, in November.

I am so sorry that this happened to you {{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}. Now a word of motherly advice...NEVER assume with hosts. My motto is...they won't call back so even when they tell me they will, I have a date set in my mind when I will call back and I start with...I don't mean to bother you, but I just wanted to double check before I start out. I know she siad she would call if she still hadn't heard, but in her mind, the show wasn't happening and in her mind she moved on...too bad she didn't get her head out of her bum and call you like she said she would.

I agree that MKs are the worst. They think 3 or 4 people is a good show. They make 50% commission so they don't get how our program works.

ahammons said:
I'm trying to look at the bright side... My dad was really excited about watching the kids (I hardly ever leave them with anyone), so I let them stay there for a few hours. I got some things done around the house and even went shopping! :)

Congrats on recognizing the bright side of it! At this point, I'd take a cancelled show just to get some peace and quiet for a few hours!!! Of course, that assumes I have any shows booked... but to do that, I need a few hours of peace and quiet... and so goes the circle of my life right now!

Related to Last Minute Show Cancellation - What Went Wrong? | Expert Host's Dilemma

1. What happens if the host cancels the show at the last minute?

If the host cancels the show at the last minute, the consultant will not be able to make any sales or earn any commission. This can also affect the host's rewards and incentives.

2. Can the consultant reschedule the show for a different date?

Yes, the consultant can try to reschedule the show for a different date. However, it will depend on the availability of the host and guests. It is important to communicate with the host and try to find a suitable date for everyone.

3. What should the consultant do if the host cancels due to an emergency?

If the host cancels due to an emergency, the consultant should be understanding and offer support. They can also suggest rescheduling the show for a later date when the host is feeling better. It is important to show empathy and be flexible in such situations.

4. Is it common for shows to be cancelled at the last minute?

While it is not common, it can happen due to unforeseen circumstances. It is important for the consultant to have open communication with the host and try to avoid any last-minute cancellations. It is also a good idea to have a backup plan in case of cancellations.

5. How can the consultant prevent last-minute show cancellations?

The consultant can prevent last-minute show cancellations by having clear communication with the host from the beginning. They can also remind the host a few days before the show and offer assistance in preparing for the event. It is also important to be understanding and flexible in case of any emergencies that may arise.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedchefDaly
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
PamperedchefDaly
  • ChefMommyof3Boys
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chefa
  • pamperedcheermom