• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Last-Minute Dessert Ideas for a Jimmy Buffet Theme Party

In summary, Jennifer's rice cooker isn't going to get here on time, so she decides to make a trifle instead. She finds the recipe online and starts to make the trifle. She has to wash dishes, vacuum the house, and fold the laundry while doing all this.
NMmommy
My rice cooker is not going to get here on time. LOL It might but I am not holding my breath on it. I was going to do a volcano cake for my Jimmy Buffet theme party. What can I do now?

I think it was called strawberry margarita squares or something like that? In the rectangle baker...anyone? It's like a graham cracker crust filled with strawberry jello/frozen strawberries/cool whip...I'll have to see what I can find...

YES!! It's Strawberry Margarita Squares and it's in Delightful Desserts! Now off to find my cookbook, because I couldn't find on my usual go-to sites!

Hmm....the Margarita Squares in a trifle?

TrifleThe trifle is an excellent choice Jennifer, not only because it is beautiful and I love it, but because it's right on the front of our catalogs and a great to advertise the new spring summer season!!

I would strongly recommend a trifle recipe, they are quick, easy and yummy! I even made a giant strawberry shortcake for church one Sunday.

Anything looks good in there when it's layered!

Debbie :D

I don't have the Triffle. I am going to order it ASAP. I won't have it in time for the show.

Yes, order it ASAP! It is a great way to get April bookings since it is the host special!!

Strawberry Margarita SquaresStrawberry Margarita Squares
(from Delightful Desserts Cookbook)

Crust
2 c. mini-twist pretzels (1 c. crushed)
1/2 c. butter or margarine, melted
1/4 c. sugar

Filling
2 pkgs. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. thawed, frozen margarita mix concentrate (non-alcoholic)
2 containers (8 oz. each) kool whip, thawed, divided
1 pkg. (3 oz.) strawberry gelatin
1/2 c. boiling water
1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen sliced strawberries in syrup
Fresh strawberry slices (optional)
Lime slices (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. For crust, finely crush pretzels in re-sealable plastic bag with Baker's Roller. Melt butter in Small Micro-Cooker on HIGH for 30 seconds or until melted. Add crushed pretzels and sugar; mix well. Press mixture onto bottom of Rectangular Baker. Bake 10 minutes. Cool completely.

2. For filling, beat cream cheese and margarita mix in Classic Batter Bowl until well-blended. Fold in 2 cups of kool whip. Using Large Spreader, carefully spread cream cheese mixture evenly over crust. Refrigerate while preparing strawberry layer.

3. Place gelatin in Small Batter Bowl. Stir in boiling water; stir until completely dissolved. Add frozen strawberries and stir until strawberries separate and gelatin is thickened (a spoon drawn through mixture will leave an impression). Whisk in 3 cups of the kool whip using Stainless Steel Whisk. Pour over cream cheese layer, spreading edges. Refrigerate 3 hours to set.

4. Cut dessert into 15 squares. Garnish each with remaining kool whip using Easy Accent Decorator. Top with sliced strawberries and lime slices.

NMmommy said:
My rice cooker is not going to get here on time. LOL It might but I am not holding my breath on it. I was going to do a volcano cake for my Jimmy Buffet theme party. What can I do now?

You can do the cake in the fluted stone in the microwave also...if you have it:)

Thanks, jcwarr...you know how it is...

I went to go find my cookbook and then there was a pile of papers that needed filing, so I went to put them away and then there were some dirty dishes on top of my file cabinet so I went to put them in the dishwasher and since I'm loading up the dishwasher, I'll run around the living room to see if there are any more dishes that need to be washed, and then I realized it REALLY needed vacuuming, so I went to the basement stairs where we keep the vacuum and thought, maybe I should go get that olive oil out of storage in the basement because I just used all the olive oil in my gyro marinade for dinner tonight...oh speaking of gyros, I need to go get pitas and if I'm going out, I should hit the PO and the bank while I'm out. I better make sure I look presentable now that I have my new catalog bag so someone doesn't see me and think, "I don't want THAT lady to do my PC show, she looks like such a slob!" So I changed my shirt and pulled my hair back and washed my face, which reminds me, I need to call my friend Sheila the Mary Kay lady to get more lotion. So where is the darn phone anyhow? Oh yeah, I left it in the laundry room when I switched from washer to dryer. Now the laundry is dry, so I guess I better fold it, and while I'm in here, I'll throw another load in...

Well, you get the picture...I struggle sometimes...

speedychef said:
Thanks, jcwarr...you know how it is...

I went to go find my cookbook and then there was a pile of papers that needed filing, so I went to put them away and then there were some dirty dishes on top of my file cabinet so I went to put them in the dishwasher and since I'm loading up the dishwasher, I'll run around the living room to see if there are any more dishes that need to be washed, and then I realized it REALLY needed vacuuming, so I went to the basement stairs where we keep the vacuum and thought, maybe I should go get that olive oil out of storage in the basement because I just used all the olive oil in my gyro marinade for dinner tonight...oh speaking of gyros, I need to go get pitas and if I'm going out, I should hit the PO and the bank while I'm out. I better make sure I look presentable now that I have my new catalog bag so someone doesn't see me and think, "I don't want THAT lady to do my PC show, she looks like such a slob!" So I changed my shirt and pulled my hair back and washed my face, which reminds me, I need to call my friend Sheila the Mary Kay lady to get more lotion. So where is the darn phone anyhow? Oh yeah, I left it in the laundry room when I switched from washer to dryer. Now the laundry is dry, so I guess I better fold it, and while I'm in here, I'll throw another load in...

Well, you get the picture...I struggle sometimes...

:eek: I thought I was the only one!!:p

Related to Last-Minute Dessert Ideas for a Jimmy Buffet Theme Party

1. What are some easy and quick dessert options for a backup?

Some easy and quick dessert options for a backup include no-bake desserts such as fruit salad, pudding cups, and icebox cakes. These can be made ahead of time and require minimal preparation.

2. Can you recommend any make-ahead desserts that can be stored for a few days?

Yes, there are many make-ahead dessert options that can be stored for a few days. Some examples include cookies, brownies, and bars. These can be made in large batches and stored in an airtight container until needed.

3. I have guests with dietary restrictions, do you have any dessert options that cater to different dietary needs?

Yes, we have a variety of dessert options that cater to different dietary needs. Our website offers filters for gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan desserts. You can also find recipes for specific dietary needs in our cookbooks.

4. Are there any Pampered Chef products that can help me make a backup dessert?

Yes, there are several Pampered Chef products that can help you make a backup dessert. Our Mix 'N Chop and Mix 'N Scraper are great for making no-bake desserts, while our Round Baking Stone and Stoneware Cookie Sheet are perfect for baking cookies and bars.

5. How can I make a backup dessert look more presentable for a last-minute gathering?

If you're short on time, you can use some simple decorating techniques to make your backup dessert look more presentable. For example, you can dust powdered sugar or cocoa powder on top of a cake or use cookie cutters to create fun shapes with your cookies or brownies. You can also add fresh fruit or whipped cream as a topping for a more elegant touch.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
  • sarahsellcm
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies