• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lapboards from Merrill: Worth it for Live Shows?

they work just as well for me.Re: LapboardsAnother option is to get those 2 pocket folders that they sell for like $0.10 at the start of a new school year. I have used the boards I made myself, 2 pocket folders and...they work just as well for me.
TerraOB83
Gold Member
Ok im debating on whether or not to order lapboards from merrill. Do they really make a difference at your shows? any feedback would help TIA

Re: LapboardsThey are convenient more than anything because you could have them write on top of a catalog, it helps that they are wider than a regular clip board too. You can also place everything they need in the pouch and slide the specials or recruiting information in the clear plastic in the front.

Re: LapboardsI found that people like having a hard surface to write on or they use it to hold their plate. As for sales going up, I don't think that it does anything for my sales. I did buy mine with leftover conference cash and probably would have not got them if I had to pay for them out of my pocket.

Re: Lapboardsdont do it...go to staples or office max or somewhere like that. Buy the 3 ring binders that have the clear cover sheet (thingy) on the front so you can slide flyers or whatever in. Be sure when you open the binder up they have the pocket inside on both the inside covers. Cut off the 3 ring part and now you have 2 lap boards ready to go from each binder....I place the catalog, receipt, recipe card, door prize slip and business opp. flyer in the pocket and whatever else you need for each guest. On the back part of the lap board slide the host benefit flyer in the clear pocket part and leave there for guests to view.
hope this helps
karlene reaser

Re: Lapboards
kreaser said:
dont do it...go to staples or office max or somewhere like that. Buy the 3 ring binders that have the clear cover sheet (thingy) on the front so you can slide flyers or whatever in. Be sure when you open the binder up they have the pocket inside on both the inside covers. Cut off the 3 ring part and now you have 2 lap boards ready to go from each binder....I place the catalog, receipt, recipe card, door prize slip and business opp. flyer in the pocket and whatever else you need for each guest. On the back part of the lap board slide the host benefit flyer in the clear pocket part and leave there for guests to view.
hope this helps
karlene reaser
I looked into this before I bought my lapboards. I couldn't find 3 ring binders cheap enough to make it worth the effort. I did try one to see how they and didn't like the rough edge so much!

wadesgirl said:
I looked into this before I bought my lapboards. I couldn't find 3 ring binders cheap enough to make it worth the effort. I did try one to see how they and didn't like the rough edge so much!

I agree. A fellow consultant went with the binder idea and has to replace them constantly because they fall apart or people walk away with them. Since ours are bigger and have the PC logo on them it's harder to walk away with them and they look more professional. :)

Re: LapboardsAs for the sharp edges...I filed mine down with an emery board and now they are smooth. If you cut far enough away from the cardboard insert, they won't fall apart on you.

I made mine for about 25 cents each...cheap enough I don't care if I lose 1-2 per year, which is all that I have lost over the past 3 years that I have used them!

Can't say that they have made my sales go up, but I know that folks appreciate a surface to write on!

Re: LapboardsSomeone is selling some in the market place... might check that thread out.

KellyTheChef said:
As for the sharp edges...I filed mine down with an emery board and now they are smooth. If you cut far enough away from the cardboard insert, they won't fall apart on you.

I made mine for about 25 cents each...cheap enough I don't care if I lose 1-2 per year, which is all that I have lost over the past 3 years that I have used them!

Can't say that they have made my sales go up, but I know that folks appreciate a surface to write on!

Even around school time, I could never find them cheap enough to justify! But you did get a great deal.

I'm to much of a neat freak, I couldn't stand the edges. Plus scissors hate me! They never work right and always cut wrong!:rolleyes:

Re: LapboardsAnother option is to get those 2 pocket folders that they sell for like $0.10 at the start of a new school year. I have used the boards I made myself, 2 pocket folders and the Merrill ones. I prefer the Merrill ones (much more professional looking) but I have to say that after a while even they get worn looking. I don't think they add to your show average but they do make the guests happier so who knows - maybe they do...

Re: LapboardsI love mine and my guests appreciate having the writing surface too. I like the professional appearance of these and I have had mine for a year and a half and I have no issues with quality...in fact, I ordered a few more to make sure I had enuf for my guests. I like the fact that I have a place for my business card, then I slide the order form/catty in the front pocket. On top of that, I take the half page (fold over) YLYW flyer so it's on top of EVERYTHING. Then on the back I seem to switch out. If I use the OOF with the montly special, then I may use the 5/10 recruiting flyer for the back full view pocket. Otherwise, I put copies of the montly guest special there. Oh, I have also put the 3 month host special there too so that I can refer to it after my big booking slide presentation. I seem to change it up a lot...must be the mood!

Re: LapboardsI have the ones from Merrill and I love them and they are more professional then just cutting binders up and they are very easy you just stock them what flyers you are going to use and anything you want your customers to have. I would be lost without them I get very good respond from my customers how professional they look and I love the clear window on the back where i put the 3 months at a glance and I always talk about it and see alot of people always flipping them over and looking at them referring to the hostess specials better then having them sitting on my demo table trying to talk about them. Besides it is a tax right off and surprising they do stay very clean for being white. I just ordered more.

Re: LapboardsThanks everyone i think im just gonna order them since dh gave me his cc lol

Re: LapboardsI have the old black ones that I picked up from a retiring consultant... I love them!! I just wish they offered black as an option as I would love to add 6 more to what I have...
I guess it wouldn't be bad to have both Black and White lapboards. Right?...

Re: LapboardsOh shoot! How did I miss this thread! I just placed an order with Merrill today and was debating getting these...my order total hit the next bracket in Shipping charges so I was thinking if I was going to get them, now would be the time! Well, I'll have to see about getting them another time.

Re: LapboardsI'm not sure how much Merrill is charging for lapboards, but this is where some of the ones I have are from. If you can still get white P-Chef stickers, you can apply them to these dark colored boards. One advantage of the dark boards? They don't show dirt as readily as the white

ones.Specialty Items

Re: LapboardsI"m surprised some of you are saying you can find them cheap enough? I found mine at the dollar store, and then when back to school came around I picked a bunch more up for like .95! I didn't get the ones w/ the pocket on the front though...I don't think it makes much diff.

Re: LapboardsI just checked out that site. You can get 15 lap boards for $37.50 +$5.95 for Shipping. Plus then you'll want to (maybe) buy the PC logo label stickers from Merrill for $1.95 for 100, plus Shipping. Merrill's lap boards are 12 for $31.95. But they come ready to go with PC stuff on it, looking nice and official and professional. But, black is nice to hide dirt. It's a toss up for me on which I'd want.

1. Are Lapboards from Merrill worth the investment for live shows?

The answer to this question depends on your specific needs and preferences. Lapboards from Merrill are designed to make your live shows easier and more efficient by providing a stable and portable work surface. If you frequently do live shows or demonstrations, a lapboard may be a worthwhile investment for you.

2. What makes Lapboards from Merrill different from other lapboards on the market?

Lapboards from Merrill are specifically designed for Pampered Chef consultants and are made with high-quality materials. They feature a non-slip surface and a raised edge to prevent items from sliding off. They are also lightweight and easy to transport to and from live shows.

3. Can I customize my Lapboard from Merrill?

Yes, you can! Lapboards from Merrill come in a variety of colors and can be personalized with your name or logo. This is a great way to make your lapboard stand out and create a professional image at your live shows.

4. How do I clean and maintain my Lapboard from Merrill?

To clean your lapboard, simply wipe it down with a damp cloth and mild soap. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners, as they can damage the surface. It is also recommended to store your lapboard in a cool, dry place when not in use to prevent warping or cracking.

5. Can I purchase Lapboards from Merrill for my team or as a gift for other Pampered Chef consultants?

Yes, you can! Lapboards from Merrill make great gifts for fellow consultants or team members. You can purchase them directly from the Pampered Chef website or through your consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
tayzeanna
  • hoosierchef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jross93
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies