• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lapboards for Sale: DIY vs Manufactured

In summary, a DIY lapboard offers the benefit of customization and cost savings, but may require more effort to assemble and may not be as durable as a manufactured lapboard. The difficulty of assembly and sturdiness of a DIY lapboard depends on the individual's skills and materials used. Popular materials for DIY lapboards include wood, acrylic, and PVC. However, there may be disadvantages to purchasing a DIY lapboard such as the time and effort required and the potential for a less durable end product.
workingontwo
Does anybody have lapboards for sale? I think the DIY lapboards are okay, but like the look of the manufactured boards better.

Thanks!

I have some but I am out of town until the 24th. I'll pull them out and let you know how much. Not in perfect condition. I'm thinking maybe $1 ea plus shipping.

Sounds good, thanks!

I have about a dozen of the old Town & Country printing ones - black with gold lettering. The challenge is, they're REALLY heavy, so they'd cost megabucks to ship. I'm near Seattle. where are you?

I have heard the ones from Town & Country are very heavy. I am in Newnan, GA. :(

workingontwo said:
I have heard the ones from Town & Country are very heavy. I am in Newnan, GA. :(

I would be shipping from NC so hopefully not too bad. I have both those black ones and the white ones from Merrill. We'll find out in a couple days...

1. What are the benefits of purchasing a DIY lapboard compared to a manufactured one?

A DIY lapboard allows for a customizable and unique design that fits your personal style and needs. It also typically costs less than a manufactured lapboard. However, a manufactured lapboard may offer more durability and features such as non-slip surfaces and built-in storage options.

2. How difficult is it to assemble a DIY lapboard?

The difficulty of assembling a DIY lapboard depends on your level of experience and the complexity of the design. Some DIY lapboards may require basic tools and skills, while others may require more advanced techniques. It's important to carefully follow instructions and seek help if needed to ensure proper assembly.

3. Can a DIY lapboard be as sturdy as a manufactured one?

The sturdiness of a DIY lapboard depends on the materials and construction methods used. While a well-made DIY lapboard can be just as sturdy as a manufactured one, it's important to carefully select high-quality materials and follow proper assembly techniques to ensure its durability.

4. Are there any specific materials that are best for making a DIY lapboard?

There is no one "best" material for a DIY lapboard as it ultimately depends on personal preference and the intended use of the lapboard. Some popular materials include wood, acrylic, and PVC. It's important to choose a material that is sturdy, lightweight, and easy to work with.

5. Are there any disadvantages to purchasing a DIY lapboard?

One potential disadvantage of a DIY lapboard is the time and effort required to assemble it compared to purchasing a pre-made one. Additionally, if not constructed properly, a DIY lapboard may not be as durable or functional as a manufactured one. It's important to carefully research and plan before embarking on a DIY lapboard project.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Yabarber
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
pkd09
  • homewithhilda
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
homewithhilda
  • dlwright