• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Knife Preferences: Which Sell Best & Why?

In summary, The Forged Cutlery knives are a favorite of the expert summarizer because they are durable and have a lifetime guarantee. The knives are also popular with people who like the heft and shapes of the knives.
Jillmami
Wondering which knives you prefer and why? Which ones sell better for you?

Thanks!

Forged Cutlery all the way! I tell people that if they want to have knives that they will love forever, get them. It's worth the investment and it comes with a lifetime guarantee. I've sold a bunch of them, and had a couple hosts get them as their 1/2 price item.But to the average budget watching customer, I've found that they have bought the knives in honing cases. In my spring/summer shows, I always seemed to get talking about the green tomato knife and so I'd sell a lot of them. (But now that there's a serrated knife in the forged cutlery, I'll be sure to tell them about that one) There always seemed to be someone in the crowd that has the green tomato knife and they rave about it. It's those shows where I'll also end up w/ someone buying the green Santoku knife.I'm finding that what I talk about at a show really does steer their minds to a particular line.

Forged Cutlery hands down! I don't even bring the green knives with me and no one ever asks about the ones with cases.

I love the Forged Cutlery. I like the heft of the knives as well as the shapes--especially the Santoku. I bring samples of each to shows so that people can figure out which works best for them. For instance, the Forged Cutlery is too heavy for many of my older customers. My aunt loves the Color-Coated Santoku.

DebbieJ said:
Forged Cutlery hands down!

I don't even bring the green knives with me and no one ever asks about the ones with cases.

At my show Thursday night we had a tomato to dice. It was a big one so I cut it in half and I had the green tomato knife and the forged cutlery one. I let two people dice and they switched knives in between . . . forged cutlery was a hit. I wasn't even thinking that they would do a comparison but I’m glad they did.

Interesting comments. Thank you! I always get the best feedback/suggestions from you all. I appreciate it. I personally like the forged cutlery myself but a few customers commented on the weight. I like the heft as opposed to a light flimsy knife.

Interesting on the tomato comparison. Nice!

Thanks again everyone. I'm working on getting some larger item sales for my shows.

Definitely forged cutlery. When I sliced a potato with the santoku knife, the host's eyeballs nearly popped out. Even from across the table, she saw how effortlessly the knife sliced the potato.

and I love my 5" santoku - if anyone worries about the weight, it is definitely lighter than the 7" and perfect for smaller ladies' hands.

What types of knives are most popular among customers?

The most popular types of knives among customers are chef's knives, paring knives, utility knives, bread knives, and Santoku knives. These knives are versatile and can be used for a variety of cutting tasks in the kitchen.

Why are chef's knives so popular?

Chef's knives are popular because they have a versatile blade that can handle a variety of cutting tasks, from chopping and dicing to slicing and mincing. They also have a comfortable handle and a balanced weight distribution, making them easy to use for extended periods of time.

What is the difference between a German-style and Japanese-style knife?

German-style knives have a thicker and heavier blade, making them better suited for heavy-duty tasks like cutting through bone and tough vegetables. Japanese-style knives have a thinner and lighter blade, making them ideal for precision cutting and delicate tasks like slicing sushi.

Do serrated or straight-edged knives sell better?

Serrated knives are better for cutting through tough, crusty bread and certain fruits and vegetables. However, straight-edged knives are more versatile and can be used for a wider range of cutting tasks, making them the preferred choice for many customers.

What should I look for in a high-quality knife?

When choosing a high-quality knife, look for a sturdy and well-balanced blade, a comfortable and ergonomic handle, and a durable construction. It's also important to consider the type of steel used in the blade, as well as the brand's reputation and customer reviews.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• huskerlissa
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • LoriLions
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefliz
  • esavvymom