• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Forged Bread Knife: Is It Worth the Investment?

In summary, a group of people are discussing the benefits of a $65 forged bread knife from Pampered Chef. Many are raving about its quality and versatility, with some even mentioning how their husbands fight over who gets to use it first. Others are hesitant to spend the money, but are convinced by the positive reviews and the potential to get it at a discounted price through hosting a show. The knife is praised for its ability to slice through crusty bread, french bread, roasts, and even watermelons. It is also noted as being great for cutting angel food cake and fixing burnt paninis. Some are surprised by its usefulness beyond just bread and are convinced to invest in it.
KellyTheChef
Gold Member
Hey all!

I have all of the forged knives except for the bread knife. Anyone have this and want to explain to me why the $65 forged knife is worth the $$$$ as opposed to the other LIFETIME guaranteed knife for $8.75???

I LOVE all of the other ones...just can't seem to justify why I (or anyone else for that matter) would need the forged bread knife.

Sell me on it so I can sell it to others!!

O.M.G. This knife is SOOOOO nice! It is much thicker and therefore more stable than the $8.75 knife.

I also though the other knife was good enough until I got the forged one. Cuts through crusty bread like butter.

I was cutting french bread for paninis while a friend was over. Her jaw dropped.

This knife rocks!

I LOVE that knife!!! and plus, don't you want it to match the rest of your set?? :) Wait until next month with kit enhancement if the price is bothering you!

jenniferknapp said:
I LOVE that knife!!! and plus, don't you want it to match the rest of your set?? :) Wait until next month with kit enhancement if the price is bothering you!
Or have a $300 show yourself and get it for 50% off!

Well, actually, I did have a show myself....but didn't know if I wanted to go ahead and get it. I really DO want the entire set, though, since I have all of the other ones. I liked our self-sharpening knives when that was all we had, but these forged knives are like night and day when you compare them side by side! I am just cheap...uh, I mean frugal :D...and didn't want to be wasting $$ if it was something that really didn't seem that much better than our old style bread knife.

OK, I think I will go ahead and get it...if anyone else has other positive comments, let me know...because I still have a hard time selling that particular forged knife and I would like words to "sell" it to others!

I don't use a bread knife very often so I am stuck on my cheapy version. I don't think I have sold a forged bread knife yet!!

I LOVE this knife. Yes, it is a "bread" knife. But it will cut much more than bread. It is very long, very sharp and quite impressive. I haven't tried it on a watermelon yet -- but once they are in season it looks like the perfect knife for it.

Oooh, I forgot. One of the gals in the product room at Leadership said it's great for slicing roasts.

DebbieJ said:
Oooh, I forgot. One of the gals in the product room at Leadership said it's great for slicing roasts.
Turkey too? The only way I slice my turkeys right now is with an electric knife. I know. It's sooooo 70's!!

I love it for slicing bread warm right out of the oven/bread machine! Doesn't press it down at all. Also, it's great for cutting angel food cake without smooshing it down. It's also great for when you burn one side of the panini -- just slice off the burnt part and try again :)

I have the whole set........ and I won't go back for anything..... I sell them left and right at shows... especailly to men... ever seen a man drool at a show over a knife...hehehe it's funny....

I don't sell many, but I love my entire set!! :)

My DH and I have a race to the drawer to see who gets to use the knives first..... he loves his knives... you see how I said his knives???? lord I hope I dont' get divorced I would loose half of my Pampered chef stuf.... hehehehe

mommyhugz1978 said:
My DH and I have a race to the drawer to see who gets to use the knives first..... he loves his knives... you see how I said his knives???? lord I hope I dont' get divorced I would loose half of my Pampered chef stuf.... hehehehe

He needs to buy you a new set of knives - he could do a $300 show and get them for you at 1/2 off. :p

I only have the Santuko and Paring...I use the Santuko ALL the time and the paring once in a while. I, too, think that for over a $50 savings, my current lifetime warrantied knife is just fine, but that bread machine comment makes me wonder...I love my breadmaker...maybe I'll make some fresh bread while we have visitors in town! MMMMMM...maybe I'll put it in tonight for breakfast tomorrow!

Kelly I had these same doubts about spending that much money on a bread knife!! I have the rest of them but I really am having a hard time justifing that much for a knife I don't use very often anyway!! But now that I have heard aal of this great feedback I think that will be next on my list.

thank you Kelly for starting this thread

Heather

I actually have host/guest come up and cut potatos or tomatos with the self sharpening vs forged...the forged knives win every time! I've sold a lot of the forged knives, but only the bread knife in the 1/2 price combo...never by itself. Maybe I'll have to get one next month.

I have the forged bread knife. My other bread knife when I cut bread I still tend to "smush" it some b/c I have to work with it more. The forged cuts right though it. It really is great.

But, I got mine during the time when they were the host special. If not for that, I would not have it. I do not cut a lot of bread, so, I would have never splurged for it. But if you slices bread a lot I recommend getting it.

I have sold a few of them to people that wanted to have the whole collection. But they did it as the host special too and I have not sold one at full price yet.

1. Is the forged bread knife worth the investment?

Yes, the forged bread knife is definitely worth the investment. It is made with high-quality materials and is designed to last for years, making it a great value for your money.

2. How is the forged bread knife different from a regular bread knife?

The forged bread knife is made using a process called forging, which involves heating and shaping the blade to create a stronger and more durable knife compared to a regular bread knife. It also has a full tang, meaning the blade extends all the way into the handle for better balance and control.

3. Can the forged bread knife be sharpened?

Yes, the forged bread knife can be sharpened. However, due to its high-quality construction, it may not need to be sharpened as often as a regular bread knife.

4. What type of bread is the forged bread knife best for?

The forged bread knife is great for all types of bread, including crusty artisan loaves, soft sandwich bread, and even delicate pastries. Its serrated edge allows for clean and precise slicing without squishing or tearing the bread.

5. Is the forged bread knife dishwasher safe?

We do not recommend putting the forged bread knife in the dishwasher. Hand washing and drying is the best way to care for and maintain the quality of this knife.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • salthechef
  • Products and Tips
Replies