• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Kitchen Shears: How to Sharpen and Maintain Them for Optimal Performance

In summary, kitchen shears are a versatile and useful kitchen tool that can be used for cutting various items such as herbs, vegetables, and even meat. Most are dishwasher safe, but it's important to check the manufacturer's instructions for care guidelines. They should be sharpened every 6-12 months and stored in a safe place to prevent any accidents or damage to the blades.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
Not really sure how to reply to the email I just received. I personally don't like and don't use the black ones and was so happy when they came out with the new ones.Just curious about the kitchen shears I purchased last fall. They have become very dull, I can barely cut through anything anymore. Can they be re-sharpened or what do you suggest I do to make them something that’s worthy of my drawer space J. Thanks.

just offer to exchange them for her. they're still within warranty.

DebbieJ said:
just offer to exchange them for her. they're still within warranty.

Don't even know why I didn't think of that...

I don't have those shears, I have the old "new" ones from when they were white. BUT regardless, she should be able to sharpen them on aluminum foil. Just fold a piece up a couple times and cut through it with the shears several times. That should do the trick. But truly, unless she doesn't want to, I would exchange them too.

Hi there,Thank you for reaching out about your kitchen shears. I'm sorry to hear that they have become dull and are not living up to your expectations. Our kitchen shears are designed to be durable and long-lasting, so I understand your frustration.I recommend reaching out to our customer service team for assistance. They will be able to provide you with options for sharpening your shears or possibly replacing them if necessary. You can contact them at [insert customer service contact information].In the meantime, I would also suggest using a honing steel to try and sharpen the shears yourself. This can help restore some sharpness to the blades. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to reach out.Best,

What are kitchen shears used for?

Kitchen shears are a versatile kitchen tool that can be used for various tasks such as cutting herbs, trimming vegetables, opening packages, and more. They are essentially heavy-duty scissors designed specifically for use in the kitchen.

Are kitchen shears dishwasher safe?

Most kitchen shears are dishwasher safe, but it's always best to check the manufacturer's instructions for specific care guidelines. Hand washing with warm, soapy water is typically recommended to prolong the life of the shears.

Can kitchen shears be used to cut meat?

Yes, kitchen shears can be used to cut meat, but it's important to make sure the shears are sharp and specifically designed for cutting through tough meats. It's also important to thoroughly clean and sanitize the shears after each use.

How often should kitchen shears be sharpened?

The frequency of sharpening kitchen shears depends on how often they are used and for what tasks. As a general rule, they should be sharpened every 6-12 months or whenever they start to feel dull.

What is the best way to store kitchen shears?

Kitchen shears should be stored in a safe place, such as a utensil drawer or a designated knife block. It's important to make sure the blades are covered or protected to prevent any accidents when reaching for them. It's also recommended to store them separately from other kitchen tools to prevent damage to the blades.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmelody
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefmelody
  • rennea
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • heat123