• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Kit Enhancement: What Did You Get?

In summary, Leslie plans to purchase the 5 piece set of Executive Cookware and use her PC dollars to not out any money. She is most excited to be stocking her own kitchen.
pkd09
Silver Member
This is the first time I have taken advantage of Kit Enhancement and thought I would check to see what everyone else got.

I ordered...

Ice Bucket
med collapsible bowl (have the other 2)
stainless mesh colanders
beaded serving spoon (needed something nice for Trifle Bowl)

Medium bamboo square bowl (this one's for my sister - I 'borrowed' her unopened one to give away as a last-minute bridal shower gift)
Salad/berry spinner (my non-PC one wrecked, so it was a good excuse to get this one. I LOVE it!)
Smooth-edge can opener
Small slotted turner (this was my husband's request - he really wanted something smaller to cook fried eggs)Mine were all very practical things that I absolutely NEEDED in my own kitchen... I'm trying very hard not to spend all my commission on products!

I had about $75 PC dollars and thought...what the heck!

We're super tight on money this month (til I start my new job in May) so I'm waiting til the very last day trying to scrape as muhc momney together as possible. But I plan on getting;

Salad and Berry Spinners (my old salad spinner melted)
Rotary Grater

I am in the same situation with a tight budget so I had planned to wait until the last day of the month to place my order.

I am going back and forth on getting either one or two knives or the Salad & Berry Spinner. I also want to get the rotary grater, the pinch bowl set and the splatter screen. Until I read about the cookware and the lifetime guarantee issues, I was debating on buying a few pieces. I think I will wait though and hope they do a special in the fall like they had last year.

I'm debating on getting a few things. Last year I bought a bunch of stuff for KEM. Now I just try to get stuff when I host my own show, or add it to a host's order that way I earn commission on it plus get it at a discount. But that doesn't always happen where I feel comfortable doing it.Right now, here's what I'm thinking of getting. (I have almost everything in the catalog, so these are just things that I've been curious about getting but have resisted.)Coating Trays and tool (I know not everyone likes this, so I'm not sure)
Silicone Floral Cupcake Pan (I don't really need it, but there have been times that I thought this would be fun to have. That mousse recipe from the new Dessert cookbook looks great.)
Herb Keeper (I'm tired of my huge mound of cilantro, that I'm forced to buy in that large quantity, going slimy in the bag.)
Skinny Scraper (can't believe I don't own one of these yet!)
Chipotle Rub (cause I just ran out and it's a smidgeon cheaper than on the supply order form.)
Coarse Sea & Him. Salt (same reason)
BBQ Tongs (we just got a grill and are brand new to grilling for ourselves)
Springform Pan (not loving my current one and have been intrigued by the PC one)
Corn Cob Nobs (tired of the cheap yellow plastic ones w/ the sharp metal pokes breaking)
Oven Pad (I have one and the oven mitt, so it's about time I got a second pad)

Don't need too much...I have a ton LOL

I got:
a timer (the kiddos lost mine...urgh :( )
the bamboo salad claws
ricecooker
bbq cleaning brush
corn cob knobs & butterer

Wanted more, but on a budget this month :)

Congratulations Leslie on being a college freshman!

When I completed my first 90 days, I used the 4th month enhancement to purchase the 7 piece set of Executive Cookware. This month (April) I purchased the 5 piece set. YAY! I've now sold 6 complete sets using various pieces of the Exec Cookware set in preparing demos.

RMDave said:
When I completed my first 90 days, I used the 4th month enhancement to purchase the 7 piece set of Executive Cookware. This month (April) I purchased the 5 piece set. YAY! I've now sold 6 complete sets using various pieces of the Exec Cookware set in preparing demos.

Dave, now you've got me leaning back towards getting the cookware! LOL! :confused:

I am going through this now as well, so even though it's past April I hope some folks will still be checking on this threat.June is my Kit Enhancement Month. I am planning to get $500 in products (the max, I believe) for $300 and use my PC dollars so I am not out any money for this. My motivation is of course having more products to show, but I am most excited to be stocking my own kitchen. That being said, I wasn't really considering purchasing a whole set of cookware for the purpose of demonstrating and selling them, however I am thinking that perhaps I should buy a piece of the stainless so I can show it. Does anyone have a recommendation of what pieces are most useful for that purpose? I don't want to spend a lot of my PC dollars toward those things because I don't have room to store them really, and I was married within the last few years and received a fantastic cookware set, so I am not in need of new pots and pans yet.The items I am thinking of buying...
-a few knives to add to my collection (5" santoku, serrated, and 3 1/2 paring),
-a 2nd large grooved cutting board (use this multiple times a day and at all my shows)
-some small items: apple wedger, core and more, egg separator
-cookbooks (people are always asking to see them)- 29 min to dinner vol 1 & 2, It's Good for You, and Simply Sweet
- mini baker
- small bar pan
- mini loaf pan
- bamboo cheese board
-cheese bistro set (beaded servers)
-petite bamboo snack bowls& cracker tray
-outdoor caddy, plates, and utensils
- bbq basting bottle
-bbq skewer set
- double boiler
- rice cooker plus
- easy accent decorator
- decorator bottles
- pinch bowl set
- silicone sauce whisk
- easy opener
- additional oven pad
- beaded serving spoon to go with my trifle bowlThat is a lot of stuff, and I need to eliminate a few things. I am interested to hear your opinions about what i'm thinking of ordering. I have a lot of other items already (lots of bamboo, microcookers, gadgets, etc). I am thinking of eliminating a few of the pricier items, like I am wondering if I really need the cheese board (i like the idea of using the petite bowls with it and serving more than just cheese) or those fancy cheese servers. Also not sure if I would use a mini loaf pan a ton, and if I should pass on cookbooks since I can get sooo many good recipes here.Ideas? Suggestions? I appreciate it :):) Meredith

msmileyface said:
The items I am thinking of buying...
-a few knives to add to my collection (5" santoku, serrated, and 3 1/2 paring),
-a 2nd large grooved cutting board (use this multiple times a day and at all my shows)
-some small items: apple wedger, core and more, egg separator
-cookbooks (people are always asking to see them)- 29 min to dinner vol 1 & 2, It's Good for You, and Simply Sweet
- mini baker
- small bar pan
- mini loaf pan
- bamboo cheese board
-cheese bistro set (beaded servers)
-petite bamboo snack bowls& cracker tray
-outdoor caddy, plates, and utensils
- bbq basting bottle
-bbq skewer set
- double boiler
- rice cooker plus
- easy accent decorator
- decorator bottles
- pinch bowl set
- silicone sauce whisk
- easy opener
- additional oven pad
- beaded serving spoon to go with my trifle bowl

I'm sure everyone would have a different opinion on this, but I would eliminate a few of the smaller items that people are likely to buy whether you demo them or not. Personally, from your list, I would remove:

Apple Wedger
Egg Separator
Small Bar Pan
Bamboo Cheese Board
Double Boiler
Easy Opener
Cheese Bistro Set (unless you just really want them)

I WOULD get a piece of cookware, the 8" saute pan is a great size to take to shows, a DCB if you don't have one, timer, thermometer, scrapers. Knives are always a good idea, too. I own all of the cookbooks and love each of them - taking them to my shows usually helps me add at least 1 to each order. It seems like you have quite a few entertaining pieces (petite bowls, cracker tray, outdoor utensils, caddy, plates, etc.) Those can come in handy if you're doing outdoor type shows, but will you get a lot of use out of them for your regular shows? Just something to think about.

cookie325 said:
I'm sure everyone would have a different opinion on this, but I would eliminate a few of the smaller items that people are likely to buy whether you demo them or not. Personally, from your list, I would remove:

Apple Wedger
Egg Separator
Small Bar Pan
Bamboo Cheese Board
Double Boiler
Easy Opener
Cheese Bistro Set (unless you just really want them)

I WOULD get a piece of cookware, the 8" saute pan is a great size to take to shows, a DCB if you don't have one, timer, thermometer, scrapers. Knives are always a good idea, too. I own all of the cookbooks and love each of them - taking them to my shows usually helps me add at least 1 to each order. It seems like you have quite a few entertaining pieces (petite bowls, cracker tray, outdoor utensils, caddy, plates, etc.) Those can come in handy if you're doing outdoor type shows, but will you get a lot of use out of them for your regular shows? Just something to think about.

I wouldn't remove the Apple Wedger. I sell a ton of them when I demo them with the Pinapple Wedger. I also love people being impressed when I tell them it does pears too :)

I only said remove the apple wedger because I never take it to shows, or talk about it for that matter, and I sell at least 2 at each show (sometimes more). For me, its one of those tools that people are going to buy anyway, so I'd rather demo something else unless I just happen to need it for a recipe, which I never have so far. :p I do, however, agree that demoing the pineapple wedger is a great idea - I always have people ask to see how it works (and these are people who own the apple wedger!!) :rolleyes: You could always cross sell the apple wedger while demoing the pineapple wedger. Or vice versa. :cool:

I tend to buy the items that are higher priced- so the deeper discount helps! The smaller items ($15 or less) are easier to buy here and there without busting the budget.That being said- I bought the 5pc Executive Cookware set....since I knew it would be hard for me to get it any other way (not much luck when I host my own shows). I got some of the bigger cutting boards, some of the Chef's Tools, and the cookware. MORE than enough....for now ;)

Thanks for all the great advice!! Like I said, some of the things are for my own personal enjoyment but I'm trying to strike a balance. I will definitely get a piece of cookware.

darlinclem said:
I wouldn't remove the Apple Wedger. ... I also love people being impressed when I tell them it does pears too :)

Mine go nuts when I use the Apple Wedger to wedge onions for Fajitas.

They do for me too, Dave!
They say, "I would have never thought to do that!"....LOVE IT!!! :D
(Same for the salad choppers when I chop meat!!!)

mailgirl1978 said:
They do for me too, Dave!
They say, "I would have never thought to do that!"....LOVE IT!!! :D
(Same for the salad choppers when I chop meat!!!)

Wait til you do the wedger on onions, and THEN tell them to cut the ends off on a cucumber and zucchini, set them upright, and run the apple wedger down them. They'll go even crazier.

leftymac said:
Wait til you do the wedger on onions, and THEN tell them to cut the ends off on a cucumber and zucchini, set them upright, and run the apple wedger down them. They'll go even crazier.

Now im going crazy!....I never thought to do that!!! hahaha

My problem now, as I am about to order $500 worth of more stuff, is that I have no where to put all these things!!! I don't mind just having my bags that I bring to shows tucked in the corner of the dining room, but I actually take a lot of stuff out of those bags and use them in my kitchen. Does Pampered Chef sell a magical black hole that takes up no space in your house but allows you to just reach into it and pull out whatever you want? :)

1. What is a Kit Enhancement?

A Kit Enhancement is a special offer that allows you to add on additional products to your existing Pampered Chef starter kit at a discounted price.

2. How do I know if I am eligible for a Kit Enhancement?

You are eligible for a Kit Enhancement if you have recently purchased a starter kit and received an email or notification about the offer. You can also check your dashboard on the Pampered Chef website to see if you have a Kit Enhancement available.

3. How do I add a Kit Enhancement to my existing starter kit?

To add a Kit Enhancement to your starter kit, simply click on the link provided in the email or notification, or log into your dashboard on the Pampered Chef website and follow the instructions to add the offer to your existing starter kit.

4. Can I choose which products are included in the Kit Enhancement?

Yes, you can choose which products you would like to add to your existing starter kit. The available products will be shown on the offer page and you can select the ones you want to add at the discounted price.

5. How long do I have to add a Kit Enhancement to my starter kit?

The offer to add a Kit Enhancement to your starter kit will have a specific expiration date, which will be stated in the email or notification. Make sure to add the offer before the expiration date to take advantage of the discounted price.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • babywings76
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • LilChefBeth