• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Kids Cooking Class: Tips, Ideas, and Recipe Suggestions

In summary, Amanda is thinking of doing a "Mommy and Me" show for kids. She has experience doing these shows and has had a lot of success. She is also looking for ideas for a class. She recommends doing the "Classic Spritz Cookies" recipe with the Cookie Press or you can even cut out the cookies with the Creative Cutters. Making things from "scratch" is much less expensive.
jesusluvsu2005
I'm thinking of doing one of these. Does anyone have any ideas and tips? Also, for those of you that have done this, what recipes did you use? I don't have any of the kids cookbooks. Thanks!
God bless,
Amanda

I do "Mommy and Me" shows and it is always a hit!! The biggest group of kids was 13 ages 3-13. I had 3 stations: chocolate chunk cookie skillet for older kids using the cookware and oven. Cinnamon rolls using pastry sheet for little younger ones with parents assistance. And the favorite station was the butterfly staion. Use the coating trays to melt chocolate, white chocolate and the third tray to hold mini pretzels. Be sure to place the rectangular stone in the freezer to get it cold. Once cold, line it with parchmant paper. have the kids dip two pretzels into the chocolate and then place together on stone and count to 10ish. (Great math for very little ones) Then let them decorate their butterflies with sprinkles or crystals. They love this one because they get to lick and get all dirty!! LOL Kids are so much FUN in the kitchen and they love to experiment with things and they don't realize they are learning while having fun! Good Luck!

I am working with two other consultants trying to put together a class for Girl Scouts.
I am also looking for ideas.

I just bought the "Let's Eat" kids' cookbook and received it. It is fantastic and if you can get one, you definitely should. I also bought the "Kids in the Kitchen" one from eBay. It is "on its way" to me. I had a Kids in the Kitchen with 3 kids and their "adult helpers" a few weeks ago. We made Sugar Cookies and used the Cookie Press to put them on the stone. The kids got to decorate them with colored sprinkles and our Cinnamon and Caramel Sprinkles. We also made "Mini Turkey & Cheese Sandwiches" using the Creative Cutters. They loved it! We also made Fruit Salad using the Food Chopper and their My Safe Cutters. Each child got the Small Bar Board, My Safe Cutter, a Mini-Serving Spatula, a copy of all the recipes we did on a ring, and a canvas bag with their name and a chef's hat on it (from a Close To My Heart" Spice of Life stamp set) on it. You can see pictures in my Profile under "Kids in the Kitchen Camp".:chef: I charged $15 for the session. We had a great time. I suggest doing the "Classic Spritz Cookies" recipe with the Cookie Press or you can even cut out the cookies with the Creative Cutters. Making things from "scratch" is much less expensive. I am planning on doing some more this Fall. I wish PC had not quit making the children's cutters and the cookbooks for kids. I know a lot of people would love to have them. I think "giving" the kids a canvas bag, the small bar board, and the My Safe Cutter made the parents feel that their $15 was well spent! As you can see from the pictures we took, the kids have a great time! I am planning on contacting our local Girl Scout Office to see about having something for their cooking badge after Christmas. I set up stations as well and that helped things go smoother.

Hey! I did two this past month and it went over well. Not a lot of orders, though there were some. It wasn't my goal to make money though, only to get my name out and to encourage parents/grandparents to spend time with their little ones.
I am thinking about doing one this Nov or early Dec. I have to nail down a location. I will be having three classes. Two age groups that have holiday baking and Christmas candy recipes (5-8 & 9-12ish) and I will also be offering a Recipe/Gift Giving Workshop for Teens and Adults. I do hope to get some $ form this one! Holiday shopping and all.
As for the recipes that I used/would use in a "generic" kids class, by that I mean not a Christmas one....I would keep it simple and let it be something that the kids can really do. In the first class we did the one minute omlets in the microwave and it was great! My 3 year old makes his own about once a week so I knew that it was something that they (ages 4-10) could really do. One of the moms told me that her daughter has made them several times for herself as well as family members.
I wish you luck on it! If you want to compair notes I would be happy to meet you for lunch when I'm up there next month, if that's not too late!
Just PM me and let me know!

search under files for some ideas & flyers.

I'm also a Girl Scout leader in my area and would love to do this for the girls in my area. I want to keep the cost down, you all have some great ideas. That's why I love this site so much!

bumping.....need answers for recipes ASAP!

The grilled cheese are great for kids!
You can do 6 at a time on the bar pan. You just brush them with butter and stick them in the oven on aobut 400 for 15-18 minutes. You don't have to turn them or anything. That will give you plenty of time to do something like fruit salad. It really depends on what age group you have.
You can do a simple dessert like the lemon glazed cakes in the microwave while you wait.
If you are doing younger kids let then cut sandwhiches with the creative cutters or some other cookie cutters.
The one egg omlets, as I mentioned before, are great! All you do is spray the prep bowl with the Spritzer, crack one egg and add whatever you want...cheese, onion, bell pepper, bacon...add a tiny bit of salt and pepper if you like and stir with the mini whipper. Pop it in the oven and cook for 1 minute.

thanks! I have never heard of grilled cheese on the bar pan! Gonna trythat for lunch tomorrow!

Related to Kids Cooking Class: Tips, Ideas, and Recipe Suggestions

1. What age range are the kids cooking classes geared towards?

The kids cooking classes are typically geared towards children ages 5-12. However, we do offer some classes specifically for younger or older kids, so be sure to check the class descriptions for more information.

2. What types of recipes will the kids be learning to make?

The recipes taught in our kids cooking classes vary, but they are all designed to be simple, fun, and age-appropriate. Some examples of recipes your child may learn to make include homemade pizza, chocolate chip cookies, and fruit smoothies.

3. Will my child need any special equipment or ingredients for the class?

We provide all necessary equipment and ingredients for our kids cooking classes. However, if your child has any dietary restrictions or allergies, please let us know in advance so we can make accommodations.

4. How long are the kids cooking classes?

Most of our kids cooking classes run for about 1-2 hours, depending on the age group and the complexity of the recipes being made. Be sure to check the class description for specific class lengths.

5. Can parents stay and watch during the kids cooking class?

While we encourage parents to drop off their children and come back at the end of the class, we understand that some parents may want to stay and observe. However, we ask that parents remain in a designated observation area and not interfere with the class. This is to ensure the safety and enjoyment of all participants.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• newmexgirl
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
jillbean
Replies
Views
catlwilles
  • newmexgirl
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies