• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Kiddie Parade Ideas for "The Great Outdoors" Theme - Tips from a Mom of 3

In summary, for a "The Great Outdoors" themed kiddie parade, some easy and affordable decoration ideas include using nature-inspired backdrops and inflatable props. For healthy snacks, options like fruit skewers, trail mix, and baked sweet potato fries can be offered. Fun games and activities can include a scavenger hunt, fishing game, and face painting. Safety tips to keep in mind include appropriate footwear, sunscreen and bug spray, and adult supervision. DIY costumes can be created using items like plaid shirts, bandanas, and face paint or temporary tattoos.
AmyR
My 3 children are in the local Kiddie Parade tomorrow...I need ideas for "The Great Outdoors" theme. My kids are 3, 5 and 8...
I can either do separate entries or all together..
Please help!
Amy

CampingI have never been but plan to go with all five of my kiddos sometimes.

Camping is usually thought of when mentioning the GREAT OUTDOORS. Tents, sleeping bags, a bear, picnic basket, fishing pole, fake fish, etc...

Will your kids have to dress the part? Are they on a float? We usually have the battle of the flowers parade and a night parade during fiesta here. I am not a parade person, so we usually don't go. I would be bored out of my mind, but if my kiddos were in something, I would have fun with it.

Debbie :D

you could dress them as a flower with the bloom made out of a paper plate, a tree and some grass. Use brown butcher paper you can get it at sam's, bjs types of stores?

Related to Kiddie Parade Ideas for "The Great Outdoors" Theme - Tips from a Mom of 3

What are some easy and affordable decoration ideas for a "The Great Outdoors" themed kiddie parade?

One idea is to create a nature-inspired backdrop using green and brown streamers, paper cutouts of trees and animals, and artificial leaves. You can also use inflatable camping or fishing props to add to the theme.

How can I incorporate healthy snacks into the parade for the kids?

Some ideas for healthy snacks include fruit skewers with various berries and melon, trail mix with nuts and dried fruit, and veggie sticks with ranch dip. You can also offer healthier versions of classic treats, such as baked sweet potato fries instead of regular fries.

What are some fun games or activities to keep the kids entertained during the parade?

You can set up a mini scavenger hunt where the kids have to find items related to the outdoor theme, such as leaves, rocks, or pinecones. You can also have a fishing game where kids can "fish" for prizes or have a face painting station with outdoor-themed designs.

Are there any safety tips I should keep in mind for the parade?

Some safety tips include making sure all participants wear appropriate footwear, such as closed-toe shoes for walking on pavement or grass. It's also a good idea to have sunscreen and bug spray available for those who may need it. Lastly, make sure to have a designated adult or two to supervise the kids at all times.

Can you provide some ideas for DIY costumes for the parade?

You can create simple costumes using clothes and accessories you may already have at home. For example, a plaid shirt, jeans, and a bandana can easily transform a child into a lumberjack. A Hawaiian shirt, shorts, and a straw hat can make them look like a hiker. You can also use face paint or temporary tattoos to add to the costume.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
dianevill
  • kyleskm
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
ShellBeach