• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Keep Your Shipping Boxes: The Benefits of Recycling Packaging

does anyone keep their boxes? Some people keep their boxes in order to store the product safely. Other people keep their boxes in order to keep the product from getting damaged.
Kodeysmom
Gold Member
Quick question do you guys keep the boxes that your stuff is shipped in.

Usually not. I break them down and put them out to be recycled on trash day. But now that I'm moving, I am keeping them.

Nope, we take them to the recycle center!

no, I use most of my products in my own kitchen. I only have a few products that are duplicated and yes I do keep those in boxes... like the Trifle Bowl.

I do only because I store my stuff in my basement. However I am in the Minority at least with my cluster. They throw theirs away.

Yes I do, but I have a lot of storage space...and I live alone, so no one can get mad!

I Keep them...... for storage.... and my in laws are moving so I am saving boxes for them....

I usually recycle them but keep some if I need boxes for storage.

I sometimes Freecycle them...or occasionally my ex-DH needs them at his office so I'll give them to him when he needs them.

Right now I do, I'm doing a forever clean sweep. Someday I will get through all my stuff.

chefheidi2003 said:
I do only because I store my stuff in my basement. However I am in the Minority at least with my cluster. They throw theirs away.
Is your basement dry?

If not, you can get those dehumidifying crystals at the hardware store to keep inside the boxes and keep your product snug and dry.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Is your basement dry?

If not, you can get those dehumidifying crystals at the hardware store to keep inside the boxes and keep your product snug and dry.
Yay for dessicant! The bags from the hardware store are basically jumbo versions of the little "do not eat" pouches of dessicant that come in shoe boxes and purses.

This has been another useless fact from the brain of Ann. :)

Ann, I love your brain!

Hey Ann, Have you ever thought about going on Jeopardy? You'd beat the pants off of everyone....maybe even last longer than that guy who was on for @ 6 months before he lost.

Sure- if they had a whole show of the topic "Worthless crap." :D I get hung up on the history and geography questions.

There's got to be a game show out there, that your vast wealth of "worthless crap" would be a ringer for!

I always used to think *I* was the queen of useless trivia. I'm always heartbroken when I find out my trivia is wrong, though.Example: I always thought it was true that if you stuck a frog in a pan of water it'd sit there until it died if you turned up the heat slowly. Turns out that's false.My proudest moment: I greatly upset a radio DJ for answering his "impossible question" trivia contest before he finished asking the question.Ann always manages to come back with things I have no clue about. :D

jenniferp417 said:
Example: I always thought it was true that if you stuck a frog in a pan of water it'd sit there until it died if you turned up the heat slowly. Turns out that's false.

Just tell me you did not do an experiment in order to find out it was false. :p

What was the radio trivia question???

(Love your pic, Ellen!):balloon:

"I'll take 'Useless Crap for a Thousand, Alex.""And the answer is, 'He was the inventor of Ferrite Core.'"

Who is F.W. Viehe?

Kodeysmom said:
Quick question do you guys keep the boxes that your stuff is shipped in.
I dont keep the majority of them bc I use most products in my kitchen... but those that are fragile, I do keep in the box; trifel bowl, entertaining set, etc. but my director suggests that we do so if someone needs to return a product we will have the box for it.

The big boxes I save only around the holidays. Smaller boxes I will keep 2-3 on hand for returns.

In terms of boxes that products are received in, I tend to keep them for a bit just to see if I will be taking the product to shows. I've found that I prefer to pack a boxed item if it might be fragile in transport (i.e. the trifle bowl and the deep dish cranberry baker). Remember, these items, for standard home use, should be fine without the box. But, as consutlants, getting them in and out of our kits can be a bit bumpy. I

If after a few weeks into the use of a new product I find myself comfortable discarding the box, then to the reclyclng bin it goes. I tend to pack things around cloth tablecoverings I bring which also helps cushion.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
"I'll take 'Useless Crap for a Thousand, Alex."

"And the answer is, 'He was the inventor of Ferrite Core.'"
kaceyleigh2 said:
Who is F.W. Viehe?
BRBRBRZZZT!

The correct question is: "Who was Dr. An Wang?"

In fact, Dr. Wang sold his invention in 1951 to IBM for $500,000 and an undisclosed amount of stock. He used the money to found Wang Laboratories, and the first Wang computer came out in [drum roll] 1971.

Ferrite core was the basis of all IBM mainframe technology for years.

When Dr. Wang passed away, he was the largest individual stockholder of Wang Laboratories. He was also the largest individual stockholder of IBM.

Useless knowledge - just another thing Ann and I have in common.

*snort* You said "wang."
There's a Simpson's episode in which Martin wears a Wang t-shirt on the bus and is very glad that some other child draws the attention of the bullies away from it. :)

I keep the individual product boxes. It makes my life ever so much easier to do that. I find it particularily useful for transporting things to shows and for storing things in the limited space I have. Once they are out of the boxes, I find that I have a whole bunch of stuff I can no longer stack. In the boxes- I just stack away. The big shipping boxes- they used to go out with the recycle, but since I have a "move" date now, I think I will be hanging on to more of these.

Alison

jenniferp417 said:
Example: I always thought it was true that if you stuck a frog in a pan of water it'd sit there until it died if you turned up the heat slowly. Turns out that's false.

i too would like to know how you found out that wasn't true. lol :eek:

chefann said:
*snort* You said "wang."
There's a Simpson's episode in which Martin wears a Wang t-shirt on the bus and is very glad that some other child draws the attention of the bullies away from it. :)
*snort* You said "wang."

LOL

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

oldlogo.jpg
Lookit this place - they have Wangs lined up against the wall!http://home.planet.nl/~janvdv/images/overview2.jpg

I found out about the frogs from the link Ann posted. No frogs were harmed in the developing of my knowledge. :)Did you know lemmings do *not* run off cliffs en masse? That was a Disney "invention."

There's wangs everywhere! It's a bachelorette party's dream!

I keep some of mine in boxes but most I do not.

I just put them in the trash or give them to anyone I hear needing to pack. Mostly they get put in the trash.

I do save some around Christmas for wrapping purposes.

Related to Keep Your Shipping Boxes: The Benefits of Recycling Packaging

1. Why should I keep my shipping boxes?

Keeping your shipping boxes has several benefits, such as:

• Reducing waste: By reusing your boxes, you are preventing them from ending up in a landfill.
  • Cost savings: Reusing boxes means you don't have to buy new ones for future shipments.
  • Eco-friendly: Recycling packaging helps to conserve resources and reduce carbon emissions.
  • Convenience: Having extra boxes on hand makes it easier to pack and ship items as needed.
  • Organization: Storing your boxes in a designated area can help keep your workspace tidy.

2. Do you guys keep the boxes that your stuff is shipped in?

Yes, we do! At Pampered Chef, we believe in the importance of recycling and sustainability. That's why we encourage our customers to keep their boxes and reuse them whenever possible.

3. Can I recycle my shipping boxes?

Yes, you can! Most shipping boxes are made from corrugated cardboard, which is recyclable. Just make sure to remove any tape or labels before recycling.

4. What if my shipping box is damaged or torn?

If your shipping box is damaged or torn, you can still recycle it. Just make sure to tape up any holes or tears before recycling to prevent items from falling out.

5. How can I reuse my shipping boxes?

There are many ways you can reuse your shipping boxes. Some ideas include:

• Using them for storage or organization around your home.
  • Donating them to a local charity or shelter for them to use for their own shipments.
  • Wrapping them in decorative paper to create unique gift boxes.
  • Breaking them down and using them as packing material for future shipments.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• beckyjsmith
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chezshelly
  • emiscookin
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • Pampered Laura