• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Just Got the Sa Large Bowl and Woven Tray

In summary, the SA are oven safe for reheating--I believe up to 200 degrees F. The Harvest Chicken Salad is great in it. I also use the woven piece as my goodie basket for prizes. It's a good way to get the woven pieces in the guest's hands!
britishchef
What do I do with it? I'm not creative... I don't have any SA yet - this is my first piece. And I accidentally threw away the Use & Care. Is it oven safe?

I use mine to store my bread products in on my counter. I've also used it as a fruit and vegetable basket during the summer. Some other great uses are:

Salad
Pasta
fill with ice and beverages for a party

I'm sure someone will post somethig really creative!

Linda

The SA are oven safe for reheating--I believe up to 200 degrees F. I put salads in this bowl & it looks VERY nice! The Harvest Chicken Salad is great in it. I also use the woven piece as my goodie basket for prizes. It's a good way to get the woven pieces in the guest's hands!

I use mine when I have a large group and put salad in it. I also like to make the Southwest 7 layer salad and put in there. For everyday...it doesn't fit in my cabinets...it sits in the basket on my table or island and holds fresh fruit. I have used it for a fall decoration by filling it with a garland of fall leaves and pine cones or at Christmas with a garland of holly and poinsettes.

My Recruiter used her Large SA bowl as a beverage center. She put ice in it, and layered her beverage cans on the ice bed. Other times, she turns it upside down as a pedestal for the 15" plate. You could also cluster several little pots of flowers i.e. pansies, violets, primroses, poinsettias whatever, on a bed of pebbles for a centerpiece. Add some cut greens around the poinsettias at this time of year, and maybe even add a taper candle in the center. Just some different ways to use the simplicity of the white on your table. Good luck.

Use the small SA bowl for dip, place in the corner of the large SA bowl and surround with chips. Very pretty!

I second Evelyn's idea! Put a fabric napkin (TILES!) in between the bowl and the basket. Dresses it up a bit. I always buy pretty napkins on sale to decorate a buffet table with. They can be layed side by side on the diagonal and look really nice! Then you don't have to worry about messing up a pretty tablecloth, or having the right size for that matter!

Freeze It!I use mine all the time, especially when I'm entertaining. For brunches, the night before I put it in the freezer, and before everyone arrives, I fill it with ice and put yogurts and individual juices in it. I always get lots of "ooohs and aaaahhhs" over that one. I also do the same thing with sodas/beers for an afternoon or evening party. Because of the Woven piece, you do not have to worry about "sweat".

I just checked the online Use and Care (attached), because I thought they were oven safe to a higher temp. The actual maximum safe temp is 250 degrees Fahrenheit. I did have one lady at a booth this season say she BAKES in hers. After picking myself up off the floor and verifying that we were talking about the same pieces, I told her that was not recommended and might void the warranty. :eek: She said she's been doing it all along, and it didn't matter! YIKES!:eek:

I agree about the salads. So beautiful in this bowl, especially with the [now discontinued :( ] large Fork and Spoon.

I have a customer who uses hers as her main vegetable tray. She puts a small bowl in the middle for the dip, and then puts the vegis around it. It's very pretty.

It holds almost two normal sized bags of chips, so it is awesome when having a crowd over for that as well.

HTH!

Attachments

• 1935 SA Large Bowl.doc
    36.5 KB · Views: 313
Last edited:
Grandmarita said:
My Recruiter used her Large SA bowl as a beverage center. She put ice in it, and layered her beverage cans on the ice bed. Other times, she turns it upside down as a pedestal for the 15" plate. You could also cluster several little pots of flowers i.e. pansies, violets, primroses, poinsettias whatever, on a bed of pebbles for a centerpiece. Add some cut greens around the poinsettias at this time of year, and maybe even add a taper candle in the center. Just some different ways to use the simplicity of the white on your table. Good luck.

when you say the 15' plate, do you mean that LARGE square platter (OMG hadn't thought of that one ~ love this board!

I am so excited - I just tried out the Harvest Chicken Salad recipe and OMG it's great - yummy and perfect to demo!! I have the Large SA bowl and Square woven and am so excited to serve the salad in that! I served it at home using the Chef's Tongs - they're so impressive. I will be demo'ing this at my January shows, I think!! I smell some $1000 shows coming my way!!!!

Carolyn, for me that was one of those recipes that I looked at and went yuck. Then I had a host that saw that in the season's best and wanted to try it, so I said sure why not. Well it was awesome, I am glad she made me make it, because I probably wouldn't have made it.
I smell some $1000 shows coming my way!!!!
Great thinking!!!

Same as everyone else, but I had to comment!Congratulations! (I'm assuming you earned them as a bonus?)

I do the same as pretty much everyone else, big salads (Harvest Chicken looks beautiful in the bowl), as a fruit bowl (looks really pretty with red and green apples and oranges), to hold an assortment of breads (bagels, muffins, rolls); all of those are great for when you have company.

I also use mine when I do Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake (since I don't have the platter), and the cake fits pretty nicely--although the edges bend in a bit--since it is a bowl it keeps the sauce from spilling out.

When I expect to have a large group at my show, I have the guests put their prize drawing slips into the bowl (you could use the woven selection for that). I've also used the bowl to hold a (very) large amount of candy.

I'm jealous though, 'cause I'd really like to have the woven for my bowl. :( Although I guess it couldn't have gone to a nicer person. (Britishchef is my sister-in-law!)

I guess I'll have to get it during my enhancement month...wait, that's this month!

I serve spaghetti in mine at home. I use at a show once to display the Quick Chickem Primavera (I think that was the recipe) that I cooked live.

dannyzmom said:
I am so excited - I just tried out the Harvest Chicken Salad recipe and OMG it's great - yummy and perfect to demo!! I have the Large SA bowl and Square woven and am so excited to serve the salad in that! I served it at home using the Chef's Tongs - they're so impressive. I will be demo'ing this at my January shows, I think!! I smell some $1000 shows coming my way!!!!

/yea, sounds like my buddy is doing some cooking! :) Yum I want to make it. Can I use leftover chicken ? which book,last season?

Thanks for all the ideas! It's the fruit bowl at the moment, we have a LOT of fruit in this house. :) Tracey, mmmm now I'm hungry thinking about that cake! The woven is nice, and yep, it was from an SS Bonus (#2).

Related to Just Got the Sa Large Bowl and Woven Tray

What are the dimensions of the Sa Large Bowl and Woven Tray?

The Sa Large Bowl has a diameter of 12 inches and a height of 4 inches, while the Woven Tray measures 18 inches in length, 13 inches in width, and 3 inches in height.

Is the Sa Large Bowl microwave safe?

Yes, the Sa Large Bowl is safe to use in the microwave, making it convenient for heating up leftovers or melting butter.

Can I put the Woven Tray in the dishwasher?

Yes, the Woven Tray is dishwasher safe. However, it is recommended to hand wash it for better longevity.

What materials are the Sa Large Bowl and Woven Tray made of?

The Sa Large Bowl is made of stoneware, while the Woven Tray is made of durable woven bamboo and wood.

What types of dishes can I serve in the Sa Large Bowl and on the Woven Tray?

The Sa Large Bowl is perfect for serving salads, pasta dishes, or even as a fruit bowl. The Woven Tray is great for serving appetizers, bread, or displaying desserts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• csnteacher
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
csnteacher
  • rennea
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
DebbieSAChef
  • cookinkate