• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Just Found Out January Host Special

...hosts who have a $500 show will get 60% off any piece of stonewear, and hosts who have a show above $500 will also get the 60% off.
thanks for sharing!

I wonder if we will be able to earn the heart dish? That looks cute too!

chefsteph07 said:

yes.. in december with 2 shows held and submitted by Jan 5. Dish will ship as earned!

See the "is the consultant news posted yet for directors" thread (or similar title)...it's all there from earlier in the day. Consultant News, calendar, host/guest specials, consultant specials.Enjoy!

HOW COOL IS THIS!!! oh I have to get Nov and Dec booked before I let this out. This is an awesome deal though! I love it!! Thanks so much for sharing!

Amanda

Thanks sooooooo much That will really help me book January . I have 15 shows in Nov ( never did that before ) so if I'm still in one piece maybe I can have a really good Jan too.

What will the original host get when someone books a party from there party for January . There is not a 60 % off item ,

I was so excited when I read the host special I just went back and read the whole thing agan and now I know its 60 % off any pc of stoneware

Wow! Those are great!!

So does a host that does not get to the $500 level not get anything? If this is the case, will anyone offer a "consolation" type discount? I mean, the main thing would be to host cost and get your host to strive towards the $500+, but what if they tried and couldn't get the total up there?

I'm sur ethey will get the regular host benefits if it's under $500..just not the added free products you would get if it's a $500 or higher

karlene said:
I'm sur ethey will get the regular host benefits if it's under $500..just not the added free products you would get if it's a $500 or higher

That looks right, according to the chart. But they don't get any sort of extra host special.

I actually don't like this at all... this is making it so that a host has to get a $500 show to get the "host special." They should have given an extra $25 or something for anything under $500.

I'd hate for this to be a trend. What if hosts could only get the 60% off item if they had a $500 show or more? It would look good on paper for show averages, I'm sure, but I'm also sure there would be less bookings.

chefsteph07 said:

I love the picture with the roses in it! What a great idea!!!

It looks like past hosts can get any piece of stonewear at 60% off and probably hosts too! :D

chefmelody said:
That looks right, according to the chart. But they don't get any sort of extra host special.

I actually don't like this at all... this is making it so that a host has to get a $500 show to get the "host special." They should have given an extra $25 or something for anything under $500.

I'd hate for this to be a trend. What if hosts could only get the 60% off item if they had a $500 show or more? It would look good on paper for show averages, I'm sure, but I'm also sure there would be less bookings.
There was some discussion about this yesterday. BeckyD mentioned that all her September shows were low sales because the hosts knew they only had to get to $150 to get the cookware. She (and I) would rather have hosts put some effort into their show and push themselves to get to the $500 level, since it's the same amount of work for us, and we'd be paid more. If you look at this host BONUS (it's worded as that) negatively, your prospective hosts will pick up on that and won't book. But if you coach all your hosts to have $1000 shows, how awesome would that be?

chefann said:
There was some discussion about this yesterday. BeckyD mentioned that all her September shows were low sales because the hosts knew they only had to get to $150 to get the cookware. She (and I) would rather have hosts put some effort into their show and push themselves to get to the $500 level, since it's the same amount of work for us, and we'd be paid more. If you look at this host BONUS (it's worded as that) negatively, your prospective hosts will pick up on that and won't book. But if you coach all your hosts to have $1000 shows, how awesome would that be?

My only worry is that it is January, after Christmas. Most people (me included) don't want to spend a lot of money that soon after Christmas. So, in that case, I just don't know how many shows will actually make it to $500. Don't get me wrong, I think this is awesome, but just thinking ahead about it all and wondering. My January sales were pretty low last year because of that reason. I guess I will have to make it a mission to not be that way this year!

Thanks for posting this. It will be interesting to see how it goes over.Of course, I hope it's REALLY popular and successful! That would be good news for all of us!

Last edited:
Cassie1037 said:
It looks like past hosts can get any piece of stonewear at 60% off and probably hosts too! :D

No, it looks like just past hosts.

mpkegley said:
My only worry is that it is January, after Christmas. Most people (me included) don't want to spend a lot of money that soon after Christmas. So, in that case, I just don't know how many shows will actually make it to $500. Don't get me wrong, I think this is awesome, but just thinking ahead about it all and wondering. My January sales were pretty low last year because of that reason. I guess I will have to make it a mission to not be that way this year!

Mary, what I have found, at least in my neck of the woods, is that soon after Christmas, the post-holiday blues set in. There isn't much to do, and the weather (here at least) keeps people from being out and about as much.....so everyone is looking for something to do. When the opportunity for an evening out comes up - they jump at it! My January shows are usually well-attended for that reason. It is also one way that I market January as being a GREAT month to host a show! Give yourself and your friends a night out and some FUN! So, even though sales per person might be a little less, I can make up for it in sheer volume!:thumbup:

Love the specials! Thanks for sharing. Love the heart dish!

I agree with Becky (like I usually do!)....don't worry about January! My past 3 years have been good that month. I've had over 3K months. People are ready to get back to socializing, and if they got $$ for Xmas, they're ready to shop!

And some people don't get money, but still have some to spend because they took things back! :)

I was talking to some of my fellow cluster-mates about the $500 minimum...couple of things we started thinking about...as someone mentioned earlier...host coaching is going to be the key...attendance and outside orders. I know that found myself saying things like "with a $300 show you will get one set of cookware at 60% off and one at 1/2 price"...true...but not good for show sales. It set the bar with my hosts to only have a $300 show!! so, I'm going back to the old "comapny average" thing. The average show is $500...no one wants to be "below average"...:)

I also have a Host Challenge that I do. I'm really going to coach my hosts on it more. Yes, I do give some things away, but the bar is set pretty high.
I'm also going to really talk up the shopping spree raffle.
Anyone else have any ideas?

Attachments

• host challenge.pub
    63 KB · Views: 240
  • host challenge.pdf
    59 KB · Views: 390
finley1991 said:
yes.. in december with 2 shows held and submitted by Jan 5. Dish will ship as earned!

Do you happen to have the flyer for the Dec Consultant promo?

It's in the thread about the Nov newsletter

ChefKrisB said:
I was talking to some of my fellow cluster-mates about the $500 minimum...couple of things we started thinking about...as someone mentioned earlier...host coaching is going to be the key...attendance and outside orders. I know that found myself saying things like "with a $300 show you will get one set of cookware at 60% off and one at 1/2 price"...true...but not good for show sales. It set the bar with my hosts to only have a $300 show!! so, I'm going back to the old "comapny average" thing. The average show is $500...no one wants to be "below average"...:)

I also have a Host Challenge that I do. I'm really going to coach my hosts on it more. Yes, I do give some things away, but the bar is set pretty high.

ChefKrisB - that is the nicest host challenge flyer I've seen! Great Job!

i'm kind of rushing through this thread on my lunch break so maybe I am missing somethign...but I'm wondering how the booking credit works for January.....if someone at my show tonight, books a show for January, how does tonights host benefit? Am I thinking to hard about it? Its probably a "duh" moment for me!
Melinda

ChefKrisB said:

I love your flyer!! Looks great!!

never mind! I answered my own question by taking the time to read the flyer again!
Melinda

If anyone is really concerned, I suppose you could make up the difference between the 20% guest special on stoneware to give the host 60% off. Even with the DCB that would only be $10 out of pocket assuming the bare minimum (only a 15% host discount, only 20% commission).

Rather I'm thinking I'll talk very excitedly about the extra free product and the discounts and 1/2 price items that one can earn on their way to that $500 (err, should I say $1,000) show. The PC 1/2 price specials are amazing too and they get to choose anything in the catalog.

Thanks! The flyer is something that a couple of us came up with a little while ago. Hope it helps!

1. What is the host special for January?

The host special for January is a link to a PDF showcasing the special offer for hosting a Pampered Chef party. Hosts are encouraged to strive for a $500 show in order to receive more free products.

2. How can I see the host special for January?

The link provided will take you directly to the PDF showcasing January's host special. You can also visit the Pampered Chef website for more information.

3. What is the benefit of hosting a Pampered Chef party in January?

The benefit of hosting a Pampered Chef party in January is the opportunity to receive a special offer and potentially earn more free products by reaching a $500 show.

4. Can anyone host a Pampered Chef party in January?

Yes, anyone can host a Pampered Chef party in January. Simply reach out to a Pampered Chef consultant to schedule your party and take advantage of the host special.

5. What is the guest special for January?

The guest special for January is a link to a PDF showcasing the special offer for purchasing Pampered Chef products as a guest. The details of the special can be found in the provided link.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cindycooks
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
  • ChefPeg
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies