• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rant Just Another Kudos on Shipping!!!!

but nope :(I submitted it @ 4pm Alaska time last night and it has been shipped already with a delivery date of Friday :)
janetupnorth
Gold Member
This is a good rant! ...just wanted to give kudos to PC for the lightning fast shipping again/still this season!

I entered orders this weekend and they shipped first thing Monday and are being delivered as I type! WHOHOO!

Thanks for helping me keep promises to my customers and making us look good! :D

I'll second that! I can't believe how fast they're getting stuff out! Those who staff the warehouse must be EXHAUSTED!

Oh, yeah. The HO rocks!

Dang, I wish it was the same here. I did an adjustment online for a show - host realized she already had a garlic press :rolleyes: - and I received the reply today from my Saturday email saying it will ship in a few business days and scheduled to arrive by the 28th!! :eek::mad:

kcjodih said:
Dang, I wish it was the same here. I did an adjustment online for a show - host realized she already had a garlic press :rolleyes: - and I received the reply today from my Saturday email saying it will ship in a few business days and scheduled to arrive by the 28th!! :eek::mad:

Adjustments aren't the same as show shipping. I don't think an adjustment would be any different here in the States. :rolleyes: Those ship smartpost - which I think is an oxymoron, since it's the slowest, dumbest way to ship anything.

chefbeckyd said:
those ship smartpost - which i think is an oxymoron, since it's the slowest, dumbest way to ship anything.
rotflmao!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

What's smartpost? Our adjustments come UPS just like everything else...

kcjodih said:
What's smartpost? Our adjustments come UPS just like everything else...

Our shipments come Fed-Ex, and Smartpost is a deal Fedex has with the USPS to deliver packages for them (or something like that) There is no rhyme or reason to how things are shipped. I've tracked my packages from IL, to WI, to TX, to IN, before finally going to the other side of MI, and then back here to me. It's INSANE!

ChefBeckyD said:
Adjustments aren't the same as show shipping. I don't think an adjustment would be any different here in the States. :rolleyes: Those ship smartpost - which I think is an oxymoron, since it's the slowest, dumbest way to ship anything.

Good one, ChefBeckyD! :D

Bwahaha! Love the comments!!! :D

Our regular boxes are shipped overseas via USPS Smart Post and our adjustments are sent USPS Priority Mail. Go figure! :rolleyes:

I hope all of the past few days orders are ok b/c I just got a big show delivered to me (over $1300) and I had 4 missing items and 2 items included that were not ordered as well as a damaged product. *fingers crossed* that it was a fluke as I never have such experiences.

I literally just submitted a party an hour ago and it has been released for picking already. :)

Someone at the Solution Center told me things under 5 lbs (I think that was the weight) go SmartPost. Can we call it DumbPost? I had some brochures missing from a supply order that I needed ASAP. Of course they did not arrive in time.

I've cringed the past week when seeing things I ordered online through various merchants offering free shipping get sent DumbPost. Things have started arriving on my doorstep but there are still a couple outstanding.

Now I've got to figure out how to do an expedited ship on a huge order. My daughter's new principal has been telling me since Oct. that she was doing all of her Xmas shopping with PC. I've seen her in person, called the office on Fri., e-mailed her yesterday. Tonight (Tues. the 15th) at 11:20pm I get an e-mail with her order. No address, no CC info, just a "call me at the office to get my cc." Or do I just hope that the warehouse would get it out in time w/o expedited shipping?

leslieprichett said:
I literally just submitted a party an hour ago and it has been released for picking already. :)

Hey, just an FYI...released for picking simply means the credit card payments have gone through. It will then say received, then picking, then shipped.

smspamperedchef said:
Hey, just an FYI...released for picking simply means the credit card payments have gone through. It will then say received, then picking, then shipped.

I know. It usually takes much longer though :)
I submitted it @ 4pm Alaska time last night and it has been shipped already with a delivery date of Friday :)

I put a show in Monday and it still says received! Anyone know any reason what might be holding it up? I had a guest who really needed a product on Saturday and was hoping with the way they were getting things out so quick that she might have it. Now, I'm pretty sure she won't!

newtopamperedchef said:
I put a show in Monday and it still says received! Anyone know any reason what might be holding it up? I had a guest who really needed a product on Saturday and was hoping with the way they were getting things out so quick that she might have it. Now, I'm pretty sure she won't!
If you notice, they are shipping through the 13th so far...monday was the 14th. It is after all the BUSIEST week of their year, so be patient. They'll get it. I submitted one on the 14th and one on the 15th. My 14th show just changed to 'picked'...so hopefully it will ship soon.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they continue to be lightening fast!

Had a show last night. Host called me a week ago Monday to book and asked if we did the show the 15th if it would arrive in time for Christmas. Told her yes, but we HAVE to close the show that night. I should know better, that never happens - left orders at work, etc. So we will be closing this evening and I will hope that it arrives in time. Otherwise I will feel bad even though it isn't my fault.

Becca_in_MD said:
Someone at the Solution Center told me things under 5 lbs (I think that was the weight) go SmartPost. Can we call it DumbPost? I had some brochures missing from a supply order that I needed ASAP. Of course they did not arrive in time.

I've cringed the past week when seeing things I ordered online through various merchants offering free shipping get sent DumbPost. Things have started arriving on my doorstep but there are still a couple outstanding.

Now I've got to figure out how to do an expedited ship on a huge order. My daughter's new principal has been telling me since Oct. that she was doing all of her Xmas shopping with PC. I've seen her in person, called the office on Fri., e-mailed her yesterday. Tonight (Tues. the 15th) at 11:20pm I get an e-mail with her order. No address, no CC info, just a "call me at the office to get my cc." Or do I just hope that the warehouse would get it out in time w/o expedited shipping?

It possibly could but you cannot guarantee it. My first year in business I submitted a show Dec 18th, three days after the deadline and it arrived before Christmas.

wadesgirl said:
It possibly could but you cannot guarantee it. My first year in business I submitted a show Dec 18th, three days after the deadline and it arrived before Christmas.

I'm making her pay expedited shipping. It's not like she didn't know the deadline. The order is almost $300. I have an extra Dec. Bottle Set on hand to give her since we couldn't make it an order on a show, along with one smaller item on her order that I'll give her for free. Other merchants are going to start charging expedited shipping rates, too, so I'm not feeling bad. She wasn't trying to get a discount from me anyway. I'm hoping that since it's gifts, that someone in her family will book a show once they get their goodies. She said they all love PC. The problem is, I have a severe problem with how this principal has mangled her job this year. It's going to be a fun PTA meeting tonight seeing her try to back peddle on all of the bad feelings brewing in the school.

Why not submit the whole order as her own show? $150 in her husbands name, the rest of it as the host order, so she gets 15% off that part, and both "orders" get the free decorator set...

Or can you not expedite shows? I've never had to try, so I guess the answer is no!

Becky, sometime I'll explain Smartpost to you and why you see them go to odd places before they come to you...don't have time today, but remind me. We ship Smartpost at work (I hate it too...) so I know the ins and outs of it and have been to their main hub.

AnnieBee said:
Why not submit the whole order as her own show? $150 in her husbands name, the rest of it as the host order, so she gets 15% off that part, and both "orders" get the free decorator set...

Or can you not expedite shows? I've never had to try, so I guess the answer is no!

Annie, I found out on P3 that you can only expedite indiv orders, not shows, or I didn't investigate really hard. I don't have her address or payment info yet so I have less and less of a concern about the expedited shipping. So far P3 says the shipping is only $15, which I think is really reasonable. Maybe once I get an address in there it will go up.

What's really scary is that there's a box to check for SmartPost but I don't know what you do to ship SmartPost or why you would want to. The stuff I've never paid attention to before...

janetupnorth said:
Becky, sometime I'll explain Smartpost to you and why you see them go to odd places before they come to you...don't have time today, but remind me. We ship Smartpost at work (I hate it too...) so I know the ins and outs of it and have been to their main hub.

That's okay Janet - you've explained it before. I understand it - and still think it's highly inefficient, and extremely frustrating. In this day and age, to have to guess when something may be delivered is just wrong.

ChefBeckyD said:
That's okay Janet - you've explained it before. I understand it - and still think it's highly inefficient, and extremely frustrating. In this day and age, to have to guess when something may be delivered is just wrong.

The concept is there, but it benefits the shipping company not the customer. I still don't like it yet. Since it is used more and more, it is getting better in many areas, but I still don't like it overall.

We use it at work, but only with select size packages and only to areas near their hubs. If it isn't going to get there for a week, we ship it regular ground service.

Shipping is a pain. It has gotten quicker and we as customers expect more, but that is not without a cost. Most companies lose money in shipping, that's why they look at options like Smartpost.

Short story long, I agree 100% that it is frustrating...

By the way, it should still be trackable...and have an estimated delivery...

What is the typical shipping time for Pampered Chef products?

The shipping time for Pampered Chef products can vary depending on your location and the shipping method selected. However, most orders are delivered within 5-7 business days.

Can I track my order during the shipping process?

Yes, you can track your order by logging into your Pampered Chef account and clicking on the "Order History" tab. From there, you can view the status of your order and track its shipment.

What happens if my order is damaged during shipping?

If your order arrives damaged, please contact our customer service team at 1-800-266-5562. We will work with you to resolve the issue and ensure you receive a replacement product.

Can I change my shipping address after I have placed my order?

Unfortunately, we are unable to change the shipping address once an order has been placed. Please ensure that your shipping address is correct before completing your purchase.

Is there a way to expedite my shipping for an urgent order?

Yes, we offer expedited shipping options for an additional fee. Please contact our customer service team at 1-800-266-5562 to discuss expedited shipping for your order.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
kam
  • janetupnorth
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Debala715
  • MissChef