• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

July Conference Travel Plans: Tips for Arriving and Departing

In summary, the conversation is about whether or not to arrive early or late on the 14th and the 15th, and what is a typical itinerary.
daniellemorgan
I'm part of the second group going to conference, from July 14-16. I've never been before, so my question is:

Do I arrive early on the 14th and leave late on the 16th or do I arrive late on the 15th and leave early on the 17th?

I want to start looking at flights and making my arrangements, but again I don't know when I'm supposed to arrive.

What is a typical itinerary?

Typically, conference is as follows (if HO uses the same plan as last year):Day 1
morning: home office tours, Director event, booths open
Afternoon: general session including new product intro
Late afternoon: product preview room openDay 2
Morning: general breakfast, breakfast of Caring; followed by general session; workshop
Afternoon: general lunch and career club lunch; workshops
Evening: Executive BanquetsDay 3: general breakfast and new Director breakfast; workshop; general session
Day 3 typically ends about 1:30; home office tours followHO tours are optional and extra ($). Booths are open early morning and during down time (not when workshops/general sessions are happening)

daniellemorgan said:
I'm part of the second group going to conference, from July 14-16. I've never been before, so my question is:

Do I arrive early on the 14th and leave late on the 16th or do I arrive late on the 15th and leave early on the 17th?

I want to start looking at flights and making my arrangements, but again I don't know when I'm supposed to arrive.

What is a typical itinerary?

Our group usually flies in the day before - to be settled in, usually hit Bubba's for lunch/dinner etc. Its an early start for most of us the first day too - first year I left the day after conference and last year left the last day of conference - not sure which I am doing this year (depends on how crazy the kids are driving me at home - might stay a week! LOL!! JK)

So sounds like I can arrive late morning on Day 1 and leave late afternoon on Day 3. Thanks for the info!

I would try to arrive EARLY on day 1 (Like 8am ish), it takes a bit from the airport, then you'll want to settle into your room and possibly change (or shower too) because the next 2 days will be CRAZY busy.
IMO , HTH :)

reba515 said:
I would try to arrive EARLY on day 1 (Like 8am ish), it takes a bit from the airport, then you'll want to settle into your room and possibly change (or shower too) because the next 2 days will be CRAZY busy.
IMO , HTH :)
Where are you flying out of Rebecca? If I go I want to go with someone closer to me instead of going all the way to Manchester.

hey Kristin,
I don't think I'll be going this year.

We're leaving early on the 13th and coming home on the 17th~It's worth the extra time to sight-see & make the most of the time!!

I would say to arrive the day before. Alot of times you cannot check into your hotel room until after 11ish anyway. You want to make sure you have plenty of time for airport travels, delays, luggage etc. We arrived the day before and took time to go to Navy Pier and Michigan Avenue. It was a fun relaxing day before the choas of conference. We left right after the last event on the last day. We were driving so all we had to do was go pick up our car and luggage and we were on the road.

I would arrive on Sunday if you can. I know some of the higher level directors sometimes organize group dinners or something on the night before. Last year my NED organized a lake cruise and it was so much fun.You can leave late afternoon/early evening on day 3.Me, I just pick up the commuter train for my short 1/2 hr ride into the city. :)

Sure Deb, rub it in a little, lol!

It's definately fun to have an extra day to sight-see, if you can get away that long....lots to do:thumbup: I'm sure my group will be there on Sunday.

DebbieJ said:
I would arrive on Sunday if you can. I know some of the higher level directors sometimes organize group dinners or something on the night before. Last year my NED organized a lake cruise and it was so much fun.

You can leave late afternoon/early evening on day 3.

Me, I just pick up the commuter train for my short 1/2 hr ride into the city. :)

The dinner cruise was fun! :)

My train ride is a little longer (2-1/2 hrs) but VERY reasonably priced. :thumbup:

I don't like to be rushing around too much so getting in the day before is something I appeciate.

If you are flying in on the first day of the conference, plan to arrive early. In case something happens with your flight, you stll might arrive on time.

hey where did you guys stay at last year that was cheap?

I always stay at the Hilton--conference hotel. Put four in a room and it's only like $50 each a night.

chefjeanine said:
The dinner cruise was fun! :)

If you are flying in on the first day of the conference, plan to arrive early. In case something happens with your flight, you stll might arrive on time.

I have gone to conference 3 times - each time I was booked to fly in the day before, but once, my flight was canceled and I had to fly in the next morning. I missed my HO tour, but got there in time to get my registration packet, peruse the shops and get to the first general session. I flew out at 6am from PHL and got in around 8am to O'Hare, but didn't get to the conference center until around 11 (as was said before, takes at least an hour to get from the airport to the hotel, then you have to check in, spruce up, and get to the conference center). I much preferred the times I flew in the day before and got to hang out with my cluster and relax a bit before Day 1.

I have left the afternoon of conference, but it's stressful to rush out of the last general session (that usually runs over) and try to get to the airport on time, then wait b/c it's O'Hare and flights are always delayed :rolleyes: (you think PHL is bad?!)

My ideal would be to get in the day before, have fun Days, 1, 2 and 3, go out the last night (is it still the Director's banquet?) and then fly home the next day. But, it's not always easy to do. GL!

If at all possible, I would arrive on Sunday, even if it is late evening. HO tour is great if you have never been!! First year I tried to come in on Day 1 & leave on Day 3 and it was really pushing it!! We always stay at the Hilton as well. Easy shuttles to/from the conference center. I am also in Wave 2, so maybe I'll see you there!:D

1. What types of travel plans are available for July?

There are various travel plans available for July including cruises, all-inclusive resorts, guided tours, and independent travel packages.

2. How far in advance should I book my July travel plans?

We recommend booking your July travel plans at least 3-6 months in advance to ensure availability and secure the best prices.

3. Can I customize my travel plans for July?

Yes, we offer customizable travel plans for July where you can choose your preferred destinations, activities, and accommodations to create a personalized trip.

4. What is the cancellation policy for July travel plans?

The cancellation policy varies depending on the type of travel plan you choose. We recommend checking with your travel consultant for specific details and any applicable fees.

5. Are there any special deals or discounts for July travel plans?

Yes, we often have promotions and discounts for July travel plans. Be sure to check our website or contact your travel consultant for the latest deals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• flemings99
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • flemings99
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • 1PamperedMommy