• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Join the Cooking Club of America and Win Prizes!

I'm glad I could contribute something useful!I just noticed a tip on their website that I haven't used: Use our apple wedger when you are making potato wedges!!
amya
Is anyone a member of this? I used to be but I let my dues run out.

Anyway, I still get the Cooking Pleasures magazine they send to members. Each issue has different items that members can win in a drawing. The issue I got yesterday features the PC Trifle Bowl as one of the give-aways!

amya said:
Is anyone a member of this? I used to be but I let my dues run out.

Anyway, I still get the Cooking Pleasures magazine they send to members. Each issue has different items that members can win in a drawing. The issue I got yesterday features the PC Trifle Bowl as one of the give-aways!

Wow, I didn't know they could do that? Does it specify that it is from The Pampered Chef?

It specifies from the Pampered Chef and that 15 lucky readers will win one. It lists the PC website and says to contact a consultant if interested in purchasing one.

Thanks for your reply. Now that I read what you wrote I remember hearing something about that a month or so ago that PC was doing that.

I'm a lifetime member. They've given away PC products several times. I always laugh because, while I haven't won anything, yet, if I ever do, it will be PC products.

what is this cooking club someone share please.

There are lots of clubs. My DH is a member of The Handyman Club. There are crafter clubs, etc. The CCoA is for people who, brace yourself, like to cook. They offer a magazine filled with tips and recipes. Membership entitles you to recipes and other perks, especially the opportunity to be a tester. I've tested lots of products. My personal favorite was the $250 pressure cooker. You test a product, tell them your opinion of it, and then it's yours to keep.

so how much is a membership?

http://www.cookingclub.com/

$1 a month, from what I could tell.

I have been a member for years and I love it. Not only do you get the very cool cooking magazine, but you also get to test kitchen products and then keep them for free as long as you send in your evaluation of the product. Sometimes the product is cheesy but they also have a lot of great, high quality and useful products to test, too. I love it!

I've been debating on getting a lifetime membership. It just seems that everytime they send me the info to enroll as a lifetime member, I am running too short on cash to even think about it. Better just do it. Membership to something like this is tax deductible if you use the stuff for your business.

I joined last year.. I haven't gotten the magazine in a while though.. I keep all the ones I got because they have tips in there about Santoku knives and right before the spring catty for PC came out, there was an advertisement in the CCA mag. about cedar grilling sheets.. then we got them

I just signed up! $12 a year sounds like a great deal...magazine, special drawings, product testings, all will be FUN!! Plus, it's a business expense!

For those with lifetime membership...do you know how much that ran you?

I just noticed a tip on their website that I haven't used:

Use our apple wedger when you are making potato wedges!!

I just signed up as well!!

KellyTheChef said:

LOL...I was just gonna post that.....

KellyTheChef said:

I did that a few months ago when I wanted potato wedges and it worked great! I wonder where I got that idea though?

KellyTheChef said:

I've been telling people that for quite a while. I tell them the kids can fight over the round one from the middle.

It also works great for onions for stir-fry.

I signed up as well -- $12 seems worthwhile to me :)

I can't remember how much the lifetime membership was, and it's been long enough ago that it's probably changed. Check the website or magazine. Better yet, if you've signed up I'm sure they'll send you info.

I just signed up too! Thanks everyone.

raebates said:
It also works great for onions for stir-fry.

Why haven't I thought of that? great idea!!

I've sold more of those things than I could count. I've had several previous guests recently tell me they have started using it for either potatoes or onions. I love it when they come back and share how well "my" tips work out.

I never got to test anything when I was a member before and let my membership lapse. I also never could figure out what the lifetime membership was going to cost although every couple of months they sent me info on becoming one and I always found it weird that it did not have the cost on any of the literature they sent me.

I've rejoined and we'll see how it goes this time.

Call and ask. They'll tell you the price. As for testing products, you have to sign up to be a product tester. Testers are generally chosen once a year or so. You have to test and return the evaluation for whatever they send you. This year I tested a ranch dip worth $1.25 (I think). In the past it's been some pretty cool, expensive stuff.

Ok, at the website, now that I've signed up it says that lifetime membership is $325 and they will rebate you any past fees you have spent. With the lifetime membership you get a free set of pans, steamer insert, spoon rest, trivet, and cutting board. All in all they say that for the $325 you get $1220 worth of freebies. In my case this would be great as I'm working on creating a loaning/practice kosher kitchen lending program and the pans they are giving away look better than what I have. On the other hand they don't look nearly as nice as PC which I could get if I did a $300 show for about the same price. LOL. Decisions, decisions, decisions. Of course this would be a tax right off but then I'm currently spending more than I'm brining in with PC so that is not much of an incentive for me.

See, I became a life member before I became a PC junkie. Also, my "freebies" were good, forged-steel knives, not cookware.

raebates said:
See, I became a life member before I became a PC junkie. Also, my "freebies" were good, forged-steel knives, not cookware.

I'll bet they change the freebies regularly so I'll just keep checking back. Thanks for getting me to look into this again. :D

I mentioned earlier that my DH is a member of The Handyman Club. They were offering a leather jacket and some other things with his membership. He called and asked if they would reduce the cost if he didn't want the freebies. Saved us about 50%.

raebates said:
I've sold more of those things than I could count. I've had several previous guests recently tell me they have started using it for either potatoes or onions. I love it when they come back and share how well "my" tips work out.

Isn't that a great feeling!:D

Makes me proud.

raebates said:
There are lots of clubs. My DH is a member of The Handyman Club. There are crafter clubs, etc. The CCoA is for people who, brace yourself, like to cook. They offer a magazine filled with tips and recipes. Membership entitles you to recipes and other perks, especially the opportunity to be a tester. I've tested lots of products. My personal favorite was the $250 pressure cooker. You test a product, tell them your opinion of it, and then it's yours to keep.

Lucky you!! I got a sample of pepper in a grinder jar, McCormicks I think!! LOL Oh well. I do like the magazine though!!

Hey! I just got my magazine today! Yipee!!
Lots of recipes about curries... cool tip about using coconut milk~
It says not to stir the milk in the can because you add the thick top first to the curry and then the milky part later to finish.

Momma23boys said:
Hey! I just got my magazine today! Yipee!!
Lots of recipes about curries... cool tip about using coconut milk~
It says not to stir the milk in the can because you add the thick top first to the curry and then the milky part later to finish.
How long ago did you sign up? I just signed up today and I am wondering if I will get the April/May issue or if I won't get one till the June/July issue...

Little impatient, I know!;)

1. What benefits do I receive as a member of the Cooking Club of America?

As a member of the Cooking Club of America, you will receive a variety of benefits, including access to the Cooking Pleasures magazine, opportunities to win prizes through sweepstakes and giveaways, and discounts on Pampered Chef products. You will also have the chance to connect with other cooking enthusiasts and learn new recipes and cooking techniques.

2. How do I become a member of the Cooking Club of America?

To become a member of the Cooking Club of America, you can visit their website and sign up for a membership. You will need to provide your personal information and pay the annual membership fee. Alternatively, you may also receive an invitation to join as a trial member if you have purchased a Pampered Chef product.

3. What is the Cooking Pleasures magazine and how often is it published?

The Cooking Pleasures magazine is a publication exclusively for members of the Cooking Club of America. It is published four times a year and features recipes, cooking tips, and product reviews. It also includes advertisements for Pampered Chef products and features giveaways for members.

4. Can I still participate in the giveaways and sweepstakes if I let my membership dues run out?

No, you must be an active member of the Cooking Club of America to participate in the giveaways and sweepstakes. If your membership dues have lapsed, you will need to renew your membership in order to be eligible for these benefits.

5. How do I enter the drawing for the PC Trifle Bowl featured in the latest issue of Cooking Pleasures?

To enter the drawing for the PC Trifle Bowl, you will need to follow the instructions provided in the magazine. This may involve filling out an entry form and mailing it in, or entering online through the Cooking Club of America website. Make sure to read the rules and regulations carefully to ensure your entry is valid.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Momma23boys
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • chef greta
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chef greta
  • smartcookie