• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Join the Celebration: Promoting PC at the Memorial Day Parade with Classic Cars

In summary, you can pass out coupons, flyers, or recipe cards to get people's attention. Print out flyers and have them numbered so people can easily see if they are a winner. Have a prize that is only available through you (like a $20 gift certificate).
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
My DH always has his classic car in the local Memorial Day parade - his application just came in the mail. I was thinking....what if I walked beside the car and handed out coupons or something for PC? Has anyone ever done something like this? Any tales of success or failure ~ or tips on what works?

I've never done this, so I don't have any tips for you, but it sounds like a good idea to me! I mean, it can't really hurt, and it's a great way to get your name out there. I say go for it.

I think it's a good idea...if you do coupons for a free show or something, you're really not out too much. I was thinking about sponsoring a local running race and putting flyers in their bags with numbers on them and a "check my website to see if you're a winner" kind of thing. That way it will drive traffic to my site, and if they don't check, I'm not out! The only thing I don't know is how to print out a bunch of flyers with different numbers on them....

Talked to DH about it ~ and he thinks its a good idea too ~ so I think I'm going to do it! What are some creative coupon/info ideas?
Speedychef - I love your idea, but I'm not sure how I would do it:confused:

This is just a small town parade - but EVERYONE shows up for it.....and I want to mostly target the adults - lots of people will be handing out candy to kids, and there are always tons of political handouts (hmmm - not sure if this is an election yr for anything though).
It's $60 to enter the parade - I want to make sure it's worth the expense....

Get some pan scrapers and quickuts and the like and pass them out randomly? You likely aren't going to get everyone, so make an impression on those you do get!

I would pass out our recipe cards with your name and info on them. Plus, you could staple them to a flyer advertising your "special" you would like to run, and then a drawing....anyone who contacts you via your website will be entered into a drawing for a $20 gift certificate. Then, you can make the GC up yourself so they can ONLY redeem it through you. Make sure you put an expiration date on it!

Good luck!

I like the idea of the check your number to see if you won -- the way that I would do it would be to do a mail merge using a list of numbers generated by MIcrosoft Excel (enter the first number and then use a formula to generate the rests -- you can do increments of 1 or 5 or 10, i.e, take the number above and add 5 or 10 to it).

Then do a mail merge with Word where you do the flyer and then insert a mail merge field where you want the number to print. Then do the mail merge to the printer and you have your numbers printed different on each flyer (you can also do 2 or 4 flyers per page with distinct numbers).

You can also have a specified number of winners and just make copies set (so you only have 1 winning number, but pass out 5 flyers with the number on it).

My husband drives my convertible every year in our homecoming parade I sit on the back and pass out baggies filled with 3 pieces of candy and a free shipping or 10% off coupon.
I do 500 baggies (by Now and Laters at Sams and the coupon says Book a show Now, Save $$ later with your 10% discount.)
I have the recipe card in it, my business card & the candy then I staple them shut. I have my stockpot full of loose candy for the kids.
Some adults will ask for a catalog so I pass out the mini or older catalogs with a sticker.
We put my 2 vinyl PC banners on each side and have to decorate with a football theme. We are the Jackrabbits so one year my theme was
"cookin' Up Jackrabbit spirit!" My signs had glitter and flames under them with my slogan. We had dry ice and tons of my daughters stuffed rabbits attached all over my car with small homecoming mums I made for them or plastic footballs. They all had a whisk, wooden spoon or spatula zip tied to them. It was adorable.
I still am working off of bookings from 2 parades ago
The key is to pace yourself so you have goodies for the kids/adults at the end of the route.

Wow! such great ideas from so many of you! I like the idea of the recipe cards - and the twixits and panscapers - and mail merging - and the now and laters.....wonder if I can incorporate it all??? (hee hee:D )
Teresa Lynn - it's good to hear of your success with a parade - makes me feel like I can do well with this! I won't be decorating DH's car though:eek: That is his baby - and nothing, and I mean nothing touches that car! He even uses a special mail order dry wash on it, so it never even gets wet! (It's a highly sought after & rare car.....) But I thought I could wear my apron, and have DS (who will be almost 3) help when he wants, and ride in the car w/ daddy when he doesn't - and he can wear the kids apron and chef's hat! (It's against the rules to throw candy etc...from the vehicles - have to walk beside the vehicle to do that!)

I also like using the stock pot for candy - Maybe the largest SS bowl that's coming out in May would work too.....I'm getting really excited about this now!

speedychef said:
I think it's a good idea...if you do coupons for a free show or something, you're really not out too much. I was thinking about sponsoring a local running race and putting flyers in their bags with numbers on them and a "check my website to see if you're a winner" kind of thing. That way it will drive traffic to my site, and if they don't check, I'm not out! The only thing I don't know is how to print out a bunch of flyers with different numbers on them....

If it were me I would print out the flyers and leave a blank space for the number, then stamp it in later. I have a date stamp that I got at Walmart that would look like a normal stamped number if it was set right...

make sure your coupon has an expiration date.

Related to Join the Celebration: Promoting PC at the Memorial Day Parade with Classic Cars

1. How can I participate in the Memorial Day Parade with Pampered Chef?

To join the celebration and promote Pampered Chef at the Memorial Day Parade with classic cars, you can reach out to your local Pampered Chef consultant or contact the company directly to inquire about participating. You can also check with your local parade organizers to see if they have any opportunities for businesses to participate.

2. Do I need to have a classic car to participate?

No, you do not need to have a classic car to participate in the Memorial Day Parade with Pampered Chef. However, if you do have a classic car, it can add a fun and eye-catching element to your promotion. If you don't have a classic car, you can still join in the celebration by walking in the parade, handing out samples, and promoting Pampered Chef products.

3. What types of Pampered Chef products should I bring to the parade?

It's a good idea to bring a variety of Pampered Chef products to the parade to showcase the range of products available. You can also focus on products that are great for outdoor cooking and entertaining, such as grilling tools, outdoor servingware, and marinades. Be sure to also bring plenty of product samples for people to try and promotional materials to hand out.

4. How can I make my Pampered Chef promotion stand out at the parade?

There are several ways to make your Pampered Chef promotion stand out at the Memorial Day Parade. You can decorate your car or display with patriotic colors and Pampered Chef branding. You can also offer special deals or discounts for parade attendees and have a fun activity or game for people to participate in as they pass by your display. Additionally, be sure to engage with the crowd and share information about Pampered Chef and its products.

5. Can I bring friends or family to help with the promotion?

Yes, you can bring friends or family to help with the promotion at the Memorial Day Parade. In fact, having a team of people can make the event more fun and help attract more attention to your display. Just be sure to coordinate with your local Pampered Chef consultant or the company to ensure everyone is following proper guidelines and representing the brand positively.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmoseley
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
Oklabell
  • ChefBeckyD
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies