• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

JoanneAre You Making the Most of Your Help Whip Cancer Shows?

In summary, the conversation discusses upcoming Help Whip Cancer shows and the use of pins and brochures to promote the American Cancer Society. The speaker also mentions incorporating education about the cause during the shows, sharing personal stories, and setting a fundraising goal. They also suggest finding a balance between promoting the cause and making the show enjoyable for guests.
ChefinHarmony
I have a few HWC shows coming up. I ordered lots of pins & free brochures. But do you say anything? Do you talk about the American Cancer Society and try to educate the women in any way? I did one last week and it was a "In Memory" Fundraiser. She had a photo album and we talked about her friend. It was great for the Host but a bit sad for all of us. And I just passed out the ACS brochures with the catalogs. I just feel like I NEED to be doing MORE at my Help Whip Cancer shows. Any advice?!?!
Thanks!!
Joanne

I use some stats from acs about breast cancer about how many cases are detected a year, 2nd leading cause of cancer death in women, best way to prevent is self exam every month. I also am going to talk about how I volunteered at race for the cure and the experience I had there. I also am going to mention my personal goal for $ raised through HWC (100 pink products). Make sure that you end on a positive note, like saying how much pc has raised for acs in the past 6 years. that way it's not ending on saying how many people die each year :eek:

Hi Joanne,That's great that you have some HWC shows coming up and that you have ordered pins and brochures to promote the cause. As for talking about the American Cancer Society and educating the women, I think it's definitely a good idea to incorporate some information and education about the cause during your shows. It's a great opportunity to raise awareness and potentially inspire others to get involved.One idea could be to have a short presentation or talk about the American Cancer Society and the work they do, maybe including some statistics about cancer and the impact it has on people's lives. You could also share some personal stories or experiences, whether it's your own or someone close to you, to make it more relatable and impactful.In terms of the "In Memory" fundraiser, it's understandable that it was a bit sad for everyone, but it's also a powerful reminder of why we need to continue supporting the cause. Maybe you could have a moment of silence or a tribute during the show to honor those who have lost their battle with cancer, and then continue with the rest of the show.Overall, I think it's important to find a balance between promoting the cause and still having an enjoyable show for the guests. You could also offer to donate a portion of your sales to the American Cancer Society or have a donation jar available for those who want to contribute.I hope this helps and good luck with your upcoming shows! Keep up the great work in supporting a great cause.Best,

What are some tips for improving my cooking skills?

Some tips to improve your cooking skills include practicing basic techniques, experimenting with new ingredients and flavors, and following recipes carefully. It can also be helpful to take cooking classes or watch instructional videos.

How do I know if my food is fully cooked?

A good way to determine if your food is fully cooked is to use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature. Different types of food have different safe internal temperatures, so it's important to research and follow these guidelines.

Can you share any fun facts about cooking?

Did you know that the average person spends about 6 months of their life cooking? Also, the fear of cooking is called mageirocophobia and is more common than you may think. And, the oldest recipe in the world is for beer and is over 5,000 years old!

What are some common cooking mistakes to avoid?

Some common cooking mistakes to avoid include not properly preheating your oven, overcrowding your pan, not seasoning your food enough, not measuring ingredients accurately, and not allowing food to rest before serving.

How can I make my meals more flavorful?

Add flavor to your meals by using fresh herbs and spices, incorporating different textures, and experimenting with different cooking methods. You can also try using marinades, sauces, and dressings to enhance the flavor of your dishes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• talkintrac
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
PWoods
  • jennytodd
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
naekelsey
  • crystalscookingnow