• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Jessica Seinfeld Cooks Up Deceptively Delicious Banana Bread!

In summary, Jessica Seinfeld appeared on Oprah to promote her "Deceptively Delicious" cookbook and demonstrated a recipe for banana bread using PC square bowls in the caddy. Many viewers have seen PC products on Oprah's show, including a trifle bowl giveaway on a block party episode. Some viewers have also purchased Katie Lee Joel's cookbook instead. One viewer even suggested to Oprah that she should do a special taping for PC consultants during their conference in July. The cookbook has received positive reviews from people of all ages, and some have even started adding purees to their meals. Viewers were shocked by a recent episode featuring a mother who prioritized her own appearance over her children's medical needs.
PChefPEI
Silver Member
Just watched a few minutes of Oprah, and I'm sure it was probably a re-run, but Jessica Seinfeld was on there showing recipes from her "Deceptively Delicious" cookbook and they had banana bread (I think that's what it was) displayed in PC square bowls in the caddy. Just thought it was cool! :)

Yeah, someone else posted that they saw the dots bowls too. Cool; even though they probably don't mention PC!

I made that bread and my kids love it. My friend has the cookbook and gave me a few recipes from it.

Oprah has shown quite a few PC products throughout the past year that I have been watching. For her block party episode she gave everyone in the audience a trifle bowl. I have seen many different simple additions on the show and I can't remember what it was but on the episode w/ seinfield's wife they showed some products then too.

I LOVE OPRAH!!!

I saw that cookbook at the store and it looked like fun. I purchased Katie Lee Joel's cookbook instead... I have two words for that cook book: YUMMM-OH!!!

Today I saw the appitizer plates and caddy

My mom gets tickets to Oprah a couple times a year - her cousin is a stage manager. I got to go to one show so far and got to have a picture taken with her. If I get to go again, and get close to her, I'll have to ask her what her favorite PC items are.

fikibiff said:
My mom gets tickets to Oprah a couple times a year - her cousin is a stage manager. I got to go to one show so far and got to have a picture taken with her. If I get to go again, and get close to her, I'll have to ask her what her favorite PC items are.

That's so cool!!!! Too bad you wouldn't get a ticket when she's holding one of her big giveaway shows!! Maybe if you asked her what her fave PC item is, she might even host a show for ya! Now THAT would be Cool!!! :D

I was wondering if that cookbook was good....I did see the app plates too.

I emailed Oprah off her website once, & suggested that she ought to do a special taping in July, so all us PC consultants can come when we're there for conference. Of course I haven't seen it happen yet!

lacychef said:

I emailed Oprah off her website once, & suggested that she ought to do a special taping in July, so all us PC consultants can come when we're there for conference. Of course I haven't seen it happen yet!

Oh wouldn't that be sooo cool :) Could you see all us crazy Chef Success people on Oprah, that would be a HOOT :)

And Kacey, I have seen Billy Joel's wife's cookbook and did you know that his wife is the same age as his daughter??

I mean CRAZY in a good and funny way :)

This was a re-run episode but any exposure is good exposure, right?! Keeping running those shows Oprah!

merego said:
I mean CRAZY in a good and funny way :)

Oh, of course! It would be fun though!

lacychef;499207[B said:
]I was wondering if that cookbook was good.[/B]...I did see the app plates too.

I don't even have kids (but I do have a 6 y/o niece and parents that don't really like to eat "good stuff"). I've made several things out of the cookbook and have received rave reviews on everything from people 6-65!
The dough nuts are really yummy and so are the rice balls (I added some lemon pepper or garlic salt to them). The couscous is really good too, adds some extra flavor?

I started putting puree in just about everything, a can of chili, add some sweet potato. People never have any idea what they are getting to eat when I cook for them. I'm a vegetarian so I use a lot of meat substitutes. heheh. Never had any complaints though.

And that would be super cool if Oprah had an all Pampered Chef audience!

anyone watching today?? Those people in debt?? Holy Guacamole!! How could a mom spend money on her hair and nails and not get insurance for her kids, especially one that needs an MRI and has a tumor on her optic nerve.

PChefPEI said:
That's so cool!!!! Too bad you wouldn't get a ticket when she's holding one of her big giveaway shows!! Maybe if you asked her what her fave PC item is, she might even host a show for ya! Now THAT would be Cool!!! :D

I couldn't imagine doing a show for Oprah. I'm sure she already has a home office contact for the stuff she uses on her show.

The cookbook is fabulous... I saw the original airing and not being an oprah fan, only stopped cause I saw the app plates and caddy... once I stopped daydreaming about how much cash I'd make as her consultant... she probably gets her stuff directly from HO... I started paying attention. My three year old won't touch a veggie... I went out and got this book and now he not only eats chicken nuggets that aren't shaped like a dinosaur, but they're breaded in BROCCOLI!!!! AND he helps me make them and STILL eats them and begs for more. There are a ton of great recipes in the book... totally worth it!

merego said:
anyone watching today?? Those people in debt?? Holy Guacamole!! How could a mom spend money on her hair and nails and not get insurance for her kids, especially one that needs an MRI and has a tumor on her optic nerve.

No, didn't watch it, but OMG!!! :eek: Gotta love how some people prioritize!! :rolleyes:

Sorry I don't watch Oprah, so, I didn't see it. I use to watch her when she had people on that I liked but not anymore.

Clint started watching it b/c I TIVO General Hospital and she comes on right after that and he was getting ready to change the channel and then started watching it b/c he couldn't beleive this woman didn't have dental or health coverage yet spent all this money daily at the salon. The husband acted all shocked, but why didn't he know thay didn't have health insurance?? The one kids teeth were rotted, the one had a tumor, yet they spent $2000 on a birthday party to bring in snow and took the 16 year old to Vegas for her b-day and spent $6000. Clint is a big saver and was just shocked. I asked him wouldn't you notice if my nails were done all the time and my hair was styled everyday from the salon and he said no. I get a pedicure once a month and a brow wax once a month, but I used to work at a salon and I have friends who do it for tip only, so I get a deal, otherwise I wouldn't do it. I do my own nails and I get my hair cut and colored every 8 weeks, but that is necessary. I do like to sepnd and that is why Clint handles the money and I dont :)

lacychef said:

We should all email Oprah with this idea. Maybe she could do a coinciding fundraiser for her Angel Network.

:)blushing:I landed here while looking for "tickets"...now, back to my search)

What ingredients are used in Jessica Seinfeld's Deceptively Delicious Banana Bread?

The ingredients used in Jessica Seinfeld's Deceptively Delicious Banana Bread include mashed bananas, all-purpose flour, unsalted butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, baking soda, salt, and a variety of pureed vegetables such as sweet potatoes, carrots, or spinach.

Can I substitute the pureed vegetables with something else?

Yes, you can substitute the pureed vegetables with other ingredients such as applesauce, pumpkin puree, or even mashed avocado. Just make sure to use the same amount of pureed substitute as the recipe calls for.

How do I store the banana bread?

To store the banana bread, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or place it in an airtight container. It can be stored at room temperature for up to 3 days, or in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. You can also freeze the bread for up to 3 months.

Can I make this banana bread gluten-free?

Yes, you can make this banana bread gluten-free by using a gluten-free all-purpose flour blend. You can also experiment with different types of flour such as almond flour or coconut flour, but the texture and taste may vary.

How can I make this banana bread healthier?

To make this banana bread healthier, you can use alternative sweeteners such as honey or maple syrup instead of sugar. You can also incorporate whole wheat flour or add in extra pureed vegetables for added nutritional value.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Teresa LM
  • leftymac
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
trps
  • Oracle