• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Jerk Chicken Pasta Salad Tips Wanted

I've made this with the lettuce, will have to practice with the noodles.But, I wanted to make a suggestion, don't serve on the ind. boats, use the NEW salad chopper ($25.00) and show how to cut it up into pieces and not into boats. This also makes it easier for a larger crowd.
floccies
I want to know if anyone has "prep" tips for this recipe.

Is the pasta good if you precook it and just warm it in the microwave at the show.

I would definitely precook the chicken. Any tips to offer? I am making this as a show recipe next Saturday.

I made it at home for my family and it was a big hit. It is extra yummy tasting. I just want the demo to go smoothly.

It is very yummy!! We got together on Sat at my director's house to test some new recipes, and this was one of them.We had it with "cooled" pasta, and it was good! Not sure if I would go the extra step to warm it before serving?You could cut the peppers and the pineapple chunks before the show and just throw those in with the beans on top after. Also, we didn't have black beans, but chick peas were a good substitute!We also served it with some grated cheese on the side - YUM!

Wow I never thought of doing cheese. That sounds really good. I made this yesterday for my party and the pasta was done first and as long as you toss it with a little olive oil or even some of the new Garlic infused oil it should be fine to make and take.

I am doing this recipe this weekend as well. I plan to get there early and have the chicken/pinapple cooked first. I made this for my husband and he said about 10 times this was probably one of the best things I had ever made. He would pay $15 for it. I personally think it is better as a true salad rather than with the pasta, but that is just my opinion! I hope it goes well!!!

I am doing this recipie at a show this week..... Its one thing when you prepare it at home but entirely differnt at a show. So I need some suggestions....

Would you grill the chicken and pinapple at the show or do it at home for prepwork?

Do you cook the pasta at the show or do it at home for prepwork?

I want this show to be a hit.......

Using LettuceI've made this with the lettuce, will have to practice with the noodles.

But, I wanted to make a suggestion, don't serve on the ind. boats, use the NEW salad chopper ($25.00) and show how to cut it up into pieces and not into boats. This also makes it easier for a larger crowd.

Lisa

mommyhugz1978 said:
Do you cook the pasta at the show or do it at home for prepwork?
Just because of the time that it takes to boil enough water for a pound of pasta, I'd get that going first thing upon arrival at the host's house. When it's done, you can drain it and return it to the pot to stay warm (turn the heat off or super-low so it doesn't burn to the bottom).

And I'd cook the chicken ahead, but do the pineapple there. If only to show how to cut a pineapple and how easy it is with a good knife. :)

I layered in a trifle bowl and it was cooled. I did layers of noodles, chicken, black beans, & red peppers, then drizzled the dressing over the whole thing.

Lisa/ChefBear said:
I've made this with the lettuce, will have to practice with the noodles.

But, I wanted to make a suggestion, don't serve on the ind. boats, use the NEW salad chopper ($25.00) and show how to cut it up into pieces and not into boats. This also makes it easier for a larger crowd.

Lisa

Would you put all the chicken, pineapple, peppers, onions, etc in the bowl?? Or would you do just lettuce and pineapple and do the others according to the demonstration? I really like this idea!!!

gilliandanielle said:
I layered in a trifle bowl and it was cooled. I did layers of noodles, chicken, black beans, & red peppers, then drizzled the dressing over the whole thing.

Did the noodles dry out or did you coat them w/ oil?

We put it all together in the large dots bowl and fit perfectly, and looked AWESOME....great way to sell the bowl! We put the pasta in the bottom, then just threw everything else on... serving the dressing on the side in the Measure Mix & Pour, and fresh grated cheese from the grater!

1. Can I use any type of pasta for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of pasta for this recipe. However, rotini, penne, or bowtie pasta work best as they hold the sauce and other ingredients well.

2. How do I make the jerk chicken for this recipe?

To make the jerk chicken, you can use boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs. Rub the chicken with a jerk seasoning blend and then grill, bake, or cook on a stovetop until fully cooked. Let it cool before shredding or dicing it for the pasta salad.

3. Can I make this pasta salad ahead of time?

Yes, this pasta salad can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. Just make sure to add the dressing right before serving to prevent the pasta from getting too soggy.

4. What other vegetables can I add to this pasta salad?

You can add any vegetables you like to this pasta salad. Some popular options include bell peppers, red onion, cherry tomatoes, and corn. You can also add some fresh herbs like cilantro or parsley for extra flavor.

5. Can I use a different dressing for this pasta salad?

Yes, you can use a different dressing for this pasta salad if you prefer. A creamy ranch or Italian dressing would go well with the flavors of the jerk chicken. You can also make your own dressing using olive oil, vinegar, and herbs and spices.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Loveh20mi
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • baigaj
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
vwpamperedchef
  • DebPC