• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Its That Time of Year Again...gs Cookies!!

In summary, the purchase of Girl Scout Cookies by the customer can be considered a charitable contribution, which can be written off on the individual's taxes. Additionally, if the customer leaves the cookies with the Girl Scouts, they will be used in a community service project and not benefit directly from the purchase price. Lastly, if the cookies are frozen and stored properly, they will last for months.
thechefofnorthbend
Yes, I am doing my part to help my daughter sell her goal of 300 boxes of cookies to go to Disneyland with her troop. If any of you wonderful cheffers out there would like to help her make this happen, feel free to contact me for the list of cookies and shipping information. She'll thank you for it!! :D

I'm interested!! ...but I live in NY.....zip code 10901. Shipping will probably be a lot, right?

I have a flat rate of $6.00 per package (I get about 4-6 boxes in a package). Did you know that The Girl Scouts is considered a tax write off? By purchacing cookies, you are giving to an organization and can write the cost off on your taxes!

I thought that you can't write off a contribution when you get something in return for it?

No clue...but I don't care....LOL....I am a big fan of Girl Scout Cookies. I just can't resist them!! LOL :D

They are awesome....thin mints all the way!! I can't wait to try the ice creame sandwich torte when it gets a little warmer out....and used some crushed up thin mints in it!

jenniferknapp said:
I thought that you can't write off a contribution when you get something in return for it?

Q: Is the purchase of Girl Scout Cookies tax-deductible?

A: No and Yes.

No, if the customer keeps the cookies. Individuals who buy Girl Scout Cookies and take the cookies home, or consume them, have purchased a product at a fair market value. For this reason, no part of the price of a box of Girl Scout Cookies used in this way is tax-deductible.

Yes, if the customer leaves the cookies with Girl Scouts. Many Girl Scouts customers offer to pay for one or more boxes of cookies for use in their community service project, for example, collecting for a food pantry. The customers not receiving any Girl Scout Cookies do not benefit directly from paying for them. Those individuals may treat the purchase price of the donated cookies as a charitable contribution.

jenniferknapp said:
They are awesome....thin mints all the way!! I can't wait to try the ice creame sandwich torte when it gets a little warmer out....and used some crushed up thin mints in it!

I freeze them and then use them as a crust for my Grashopper Pie. Yum!!

ooooooh! Good idea! I never thought about freezing them! Do they keep their taste & texture?

Sorry....gotta buy from my little GS:) Your's is going to Disney?? Wow!

SusanBP0129 said:
ooooooh! Good idea! I never thought about freezing them! Do they keep their taste & texture?

If you crush them first and then wrap in plastic wrap and then in tinfoil or store in a freezer bag, they do great. If you freeze the whole cookie, wrap the cookies in plastic wrap and then store in a freezer bag.

lacychef said:
Sorry....gotta buy from my little GS:) Your's is going to Disney?? Wow!
They have been saving their money from cookie and nut and candy sales since they were Daisys, and next year is the year they will go. This years cookie sales is the make it or break for the trip. Wish us luck!

How much would shipping be to the UK?Mmmmmmmmm Samoas!

I throw the whole thin mint box(es) in the freezer. They are still perfect MONTHS later!

gilliandanielle said:
I throw the whole thin mint box(es) in the freezer. They are still perfect MONTHS later!

Huh!! Great to know!!:D

I know a couple of people that hoard these cookies and throw them in the freezer to finish out their year until the next time, lol.

I love GS cookies Samoas are my absolute favorite

Gillian,

My question is how do they last for months! Mine don't even make it to the freezer!!!

MicheleC said:
Gillian,

My question is how do they last for months! Mine don't even make it to the freezer!!!
LOL, don't tell but mine don't either.

britishchef said:
How much would shipping be to the UK?

Mmmmmmmmm Samoas!
we'll I'll check for you if I can get your info!:D

MicheleC said:
Gillian,

Notice I said BOXES, not box. And by boxes I don't mean 3 or 4, I mean 20 or 30... I love me some girls scout cookies! When I sold them when I was little I bought some from myself!!

I was watching the ellen degeneras (sp) show today, and she had some little jr girl scout on that emailed Ellen to buy cookies to go to the military group that her GS troop had decided to use for their "cookie share" donation.....wouldn't you know that Ellen actually bought 1000 boxes of cookies? My daughter looked at me and said "why didn't we think of that mom?" LOL! Just thought I would share that...I have my own Girl Scout daughter...if I didn't, I'd get some from you...sorry.

Hey I bet Oprah hasn't been hit up yet, LOL!

Funny you should say that - that's the 1ST thing out of my 12 yr old's mouth..."I need to email or call Oprah!" I'll tell her that you said that too!
LOL!

Dr. Phil?? Rachael Ray?? You could go forever!!

MicheleC said:
Gillian,

I remember when my daughter was selling GS cookies YEATS ago - and they introduced the re-closable lid as a selling point....:confused: :confused: Why would I need to re-close an empty box of cookies LOL!

thechefofnorthbend said:
Q: Is the purchase of Girl Scout Cookies tax-deductible?

A: No and Yes.

No, if the customer keeps the cookies. Individuals who buy Girl Scout Cookies and take the cookies home, or consume them, have purchased a product at a fair market value. For this reason, no part of the price of a box of Girl Scout Cookies used in this way is tax-deductible.

Yes, if the customer leaves the cookies with Girl Scouts. Many Girl Scouts customers offer to pay for one or more boxes of cookies for use in their community service project, for example, collecting for a food pantry. The customers not receiving any Girl Scout Cookies do not benefit directly from paying for them. Those individuals may treat the purchase price of the donated cookies as a charitable contribution.

My daughter's Brownie Troop has a "Blue Star" box to check...When people check this, they buy a box of cookies for a military person overseas! That would be tax deductible ...right??
How cool is that!! Can you imagine!?!?! Being in Baghdad, and getting a box of Thin Mints!!!
I'm in South Carolina...if anyone needs them!!!! :)

Related to Its That Time of Year Again...gs Cookies!!

1. How do I make sure my cookies come out perfectly every time?

The key to perfect cookies is accurately measuring your ingredients and following the recipe instructions closely. Make sure to use the correct measuring tools, such as measuring cups and spoons, and avoid overmixing the dough.

2. Can I use different types of flour for my cookies?

Yes, you can experiment with different types of flour, such as all-purpose, whole wheat, or gluten-free. Just keep in mind that the texture and taste of the cookies may vary slightly depending on the type of flour used.

3. How can I prevent my cookies from spreading too much?

To prevent cookies from spreading, make sure your dough is chilled before baking. You can also try using a silicone baking mat or parchment paper on your baking sheet to create a barrier between the dough and the pan.

4. Can I freeze cookie dough for later use?

Yes, you can freeze cookie dough for up to 3 months. Just make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or store it in an airtight container. When ready to bake, let the dough thaw in the refrigerator for a few hours before using it.

5. How can I make my cookies more festive for the holiday season?

You can add holiday-themed decorations to your cookies, such as sprinkles, colored sugar, or frosting. You can also use cookie cutters in holiday shapes, such as trees, snowflakes, or gingerbread men. Get creative and have fun with it!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
annew
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • heat123
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies